The older you get the harder it becomes!

Options
I'm finding it hard to burn off fat the older I get. It's depressing. I used to be able to loose at least half a stone in the first couple of weeks on a diet. Any tips or ideas for good fat burning exercises?

Replies

• louisafurley
    louisafurley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone it's nice to hear other people's views and advice. Your all doing great
  • ITUSGirl51
    ITUSGirl51 Posts: 192 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I agree about making sure you keep moving. I’m 51 and have lost 56 lbs since March. I try to move all day plus get 60 min a day in intentional exercise throughout the day which includes walking that gets my heart rate above 100. It may be a 10 min walks, but it makes my heart pump. I also take the stairs at work when I can. You have to still eat less, but the weight will slowly come off.
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    i'll be 52 this year, and have been losing for about 23months now, started at 456lbs though and have lost 168lbs in that time (average about 1.8lbs a week) i'm 288lbs now and it seems to have slowed down a bit, but the truth is its a long term proposition.... if you think it took 50yrs to put it on so aiming to lose it over 3 to 4 yrs is pretty good going.
    i walk the beach most days, and do HIIT on a crosstrainer (only about 5 to10 mins every couple of days) i lift light weights as i have arthritis, but eat as little processed food as possible and watch the CICO.
    i believe the lighter you get the slower it gets, but you could exercise with a weighted vest on, or go for a walk with a heavy back pack....good luck
    and weigh yourself once a month so you'll only be dissapointed 12 times a yr!!! :D

Congratulations on your 168lb loss!! Epic :#<3
  • louisafurley
    louisafurley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys great advice!!!
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Sorry, just re read your post and seen you also asked for some fat burning exercise. The most important factor is your diet. Exercise is needed but it is secondary to your diet. I hate the word diet as diets have an end point. Anyways I started losing just walking and increase the distance or intensity (hills). When the weather turned bad I got to the gym for treadmill or stationary bike, 30-60 mins. I eventually bought my own cardio equipment so no need for the gym now. I prefer outdoor stuff so if the weather is good my cardio is outside. Something else to consider is weight training, muscle burns fat even when not doing much. If you can add a little muscle you will burn a little more fat.

Another note don't worry so much about a number, worry more how your clothes fit, your measurements, and how you feel. I weighed in January 1 at 199lbs, I weighed in last week at 200 lbs. Am I concerned? No because my chest and waist measurements dropped. 2" on my waist and 1" on my chest. That said it appears I have lost fat and gained muscle.

Again you can do it.