Options

Replies

• ADoribs
    ADoribs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
  • parthdivecha818
    parthdivecha818 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just added 2 low carb recipes to my profile. Please have a look and let me know if it works for you.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Check out Skinnytaste.com, you can search by low carb (LC). I made the zucchini lasagna tonight and the it was delicious with HUGE portions.
  • Tennisskater
    Tennisskater Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Delish! Thankyou!
  • Bellamo69
    Bellamo69 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    yummy!!
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Here’s a great low carb crock pot recipe:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 pkg taco seasoning
    1 jar salsa (I use a black bean and corn salsa)

Place chicken in crockpot, sprinkle over taco seasoning, add salsa. Cook on high 3-4 houra then shred chicken with two forks. Delicious!!

I also add a can of black beans but you can omit those to save carbs.

Thank you! Sounds great and super easy. I am going to try this! :)
  • jr152
    jr152 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    mic1018 wrote: »
    I make a Cauliflower Lasagna that is really good....Chop up a head of cauliflower and toss it with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast it for about 20 minutes, then remove from oven. Meanwhile, brown 1 lb ground meat (I use beef or turkey), and add 2 cups of your favorite spaghetti sauce. Mix well. Grease a 9x9 dish and layer a little bit of the meat sauce in the bottom. Then add all of the cauliflower, then the rest of the meat sauce, then one cup of whole milk ricotta cheese spread evenly across the top. Last, add 1-2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake at 375 for about 25-30 minutes until heated through, then turn up heat to 400 for 5 minutes to brown the cheese. Super yummy! I use this for meal prep dinners and it reheats really well also! 7binfs7xzcpb.jpg

I'm going to steal that but use part skim ricotta (or skip if I can't find it) and only one cup of mozzarella to lower the calories per volume. This looks delicious.
    I make a Cauliflower Lasagna that is really good....Chop up a head of cauliflower and toss it with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast it for about 20 minutes, then remove from oven. Meanwhile, brown 1 lb ground meat (I use beef or turkey), and add 2 cups of your favorite spaghetti sauce. Mix well. Grease a 9x9 dish and layer a little bit of the meat sauce in the bottom. Then add all of the cauliflower, then the rest of the meat sauce, then one cup of whole milk ricotta cheese spread evenly across the top. Last, add 1-2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake at 375 for about 25-30 minutes until heated through, then turn up heat to 400 for 5 minutes to brown the cheese. Super yummy! I use this for meal prep dinners and it reheats really well also! 7binfs7xzcpb.jpg

I'm going to steal that but use part skim ricotta (or skip if I can't find it) and only one cup of mozzarella to lower the calories per volume. This looks delicious.

Instead of ricotta try low fat cottage cheese
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    jr152 wrote: »

Instead of ricotta try low fat cottage cheese

I don't have access to cottage cheese, and I only rarely find any low fat kind of cheese. I keep telling myself I need to make my own from skim milk but I'm lazy. That's 100-200 calories I can do without, though. A 9 inch pan is a 4 person kind of pan, so that's 600 calories per portion (using one cup of mozzarella and very little oil), which is reasonable but sometimes I want to leave calories for a snack.
  • mic1018
    mic1018 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    @amusedmonkey ....You can actually get 6 pretty hearty servings from this dish when you use a 9x9 dish. Usually, we only get 4 servings from this size as well, but this recipe is really hearty and filling, so you might try a smaller portion and see if it works for you.
  • lisarawski
    lisarawski Posts: 10 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Please check out my obsessive Pinterest site:
    https://pinterest.com/turkeybreath

• southernbakesaf
    southernbakesaf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A great place to find keto recipes is headbangers kitchen, flavcity, and keto connect on you tube. Really easy and cheap recipes. I've tried some of them and they are really good.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    Any asian mains, but sub out cauliflower blitzed in the food processor for rice. You can either leave the cauliflower rice raw, or microwave it to warm it up. If you gte asian takeaways, there will be a little cornstarch in the sauce but only a teaspoon or so.
  • clisttix
    clisttix Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Like many others, I use alot of cauliflower for low carb recipes.

I eat alot of store, particularly Costco, rotisserie chicken. Save bones in freezer, make stock when 2-3 chickens' bones accumlated. Way better than any stock you can buy.

Break a cauliflower up in a pot. Cover with good stock. Cook until cauliflower very tender. Buzz with immersion blender until smooth. Season. Fantastic cream soup, relatively blank canvas.

I'll add a little sriracha to one bowl. Float some olive oil or chile oil on another. A dollop of sour cream.

My favorite: my local fishmonger sells very fresh "fish for chowder. " Theyre the trimmings of that day's cleaning, fillets, etc. Heat up the cream of cauliflower soup, drop in fish chunks, let the fish poach a few minutes, and Ive got a high protein, low fat, low carb creamy chowder.
  • Kepola007
    Kepola007 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Taco Tuesday! Thought I would never get to enjoy again....until I found this easy recipe for Keto Tortillas....

1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
    3 tablespoons coconut flour
    1 large egg

Mix cheese and egg then microwave approx. 1 minute until cheese is softened.
    Stir well and then let cool a bit.
    Add the egg and mix until doughy.
    Separate into 3 equal sized balls. (If too dry, wet hands; if too wet, add a little more coconut flour)
    Flatten between parchment paper until 1/8" thick.
    Cook on hot cast iron skillet for approx. 2-3 minutes to lightly brown.
    Let them cool a little then stuff with taco meat, lettuce, cheese, sour cream, avocado, tomatoes......yummy!
  • valmki1
    valmki1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    how abt the calories with all these cheese?? I am on 12oo/day
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    So yummy!!!!!!
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!!!!!!
  • sugarnspice0613
    sugarnspice0613 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Eggs Benedict with cauliflower instead of an English muffin
    https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipes/a48799/cauliflower-benedict-recipe/

Steak rolls
    https://www.girlsdishes.com/2017/07/cheesy-spinach-and-mushroom-steak-rolls.html?m=1

Cauliflower pot pies
    http://www.itscheatdayeveryday.com/low-carb-cauliflower-pot-pies/

Parmesan and bacon crusted chicken
    https://otasteandseeblog.com/parmesan-crusted-chicken-with-bacon/

Cauliflower buffalo bites
    https://dashingdish.com/recipe/crispy-buffalo-cauliflower

Chicken
    http://www.yammiesnoshery.com/2015/05/sun-dried-tomato-spinach-and-cheese.html?m=1

Taco salad- throw seasoned ground beef straight on top of a salad

For something sweet, try Nectars chocolate truffle protein powder. I find it tastes just like hot chocolate when warm, but with zero carbs. A lot of people use protein powders to bake with as well. I’ve even seen protein powder ice cream recipes on Pinterest.

• BlowPopKisses
    BlowPopKisses Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    BANANA EGG PANCAKES

2k6gr1ltjaps.jpg

Banana
    2 Eggs
    ** 1/8 Tsp Baking Powder (fluffiness)

- Mash banana into a pudding-like consistency. A few small lumps are OK.
    This should yield 1/3 to ½ cup.
    **Stir in baking powder, salt, vanilla, cocoa powder or honey to flavor
    the pancakes if desired.
    - Whisk 2 eggs together, then add to the banana mash and stir until the
    eggs are completely combined.
    - Melt butter or warm vegetable oil in griddle over medium high heat.
    Add roughly 2 Tbsp of batter to griddle (you should hear a sizzle) and
    cook for about 1 minute.
    *Sprinkle choc chips now as the 1st side cooks* (if desired).
    - Flip the pancakes and cook for another minute.