Prepackaged snack recommendations?

Options
2»

Replies

• kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I really like having Wasabi Peas on hand. But I love hot food - and they are great because I eat them slow.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Chocolate teddy grahams. They sell those 100 calorie snacks I forget which brand that is. Little crackers and cookies and stuff. Banana chips are good but high calorie. White cheddar cheese its. Granola bars
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Snapea crisps or roasted seaweed from Costco, if I really need a processes snack. Or something small and delectable to satisfy cravings - most mini chocolates are around 80-100 calories, great for the afternoon coffee.

Also, I know you aked for prepackaed but thought I'd share just in case - the thing that works best for me most days is to pack some yoghurt in one of those breakfast containers with screw top, and put my protein powder, may be some bran or nuts in the top, mix before I eat. This turns out the most filling snack for me - more like a mini-meal, and easy to adjust for wharever macros I need to adjust that day.
  • goggleslyn
    goggleslyn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Super duper odd one... Baby food. The pouch type for big babies and young toddlers. They are like low calorie, low sugar,low portion smoothies that are great on the go. When I'm at home for snacks I like fruit and veggie plates or better cooked kobocha pumpkin. But on the go I buy baby foods of those things. What you will actually like is trial and erorr! Some are gross some are delectable!
  • goggleslyn
    goggleslyn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ohhh! And freeze dried fruit and edamame from Target. A giant bag is one serving and it's super low calorie.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Pickles!
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    goggleslyn wrote: »
    Super duper odd one... Baby food. The pouch type for big babies and young toddlers. They are like low calorie, low sugar,low portion smoothies that are great on the go. When I'm at home for snacks I like fruit and veggie plates or better cooked kobocha pumpkin. But on the go I buy baby foods of those things. What you will actually like is trial and erorr! Some are gross some are delectable!

Different strokes for different folks. The idea of eating baby food makes me gag. It's up there with dog food and cat food!! Yuck.
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Cheese sticks, apple sauce packets, nuts, make my own trail mix with things I like, apples.
  • paulbrttn
    paulbrttn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Beef jerkey is one of my go-tos because a little bit keeps me satisfied for a while. A few chips does not.

This. But I make my own and chuck some in a sandwich bag for on the go, is around a third of the price of shop bought and lets me play around with flavours. 44g of protein and 8g of fat (actually less because I trimmed it as well) from a 70g serving.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    lucerorojo wrote: »

Different strokes for different folks. The idea of eating baby food makes me gag. It's up there with dog food and cat food!! Yuck.

There's a few companies making the pouch smoothies in adult flavors.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,721 Member
    Options

The concept of "adult flavors" is a little scary . . . ! ;)

But, yeah. And I do like the applesauce pouches for a small quick-ish carb, too.

And in between baby and adult, there are some yogurt/fruit pouches aimed at the school-lunch market, usually some kind of yogurt/fruit thing, that are adult-friendly (if - at least for my taste - one avoids the over-sugared ones: I prefer all fruit for sweetness with the yogurt.) These may be too small a portion for high TDEE folks, though.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

But, yeah. And I do like the applesauce pouches for a small quick-ish carb, too.

And in between baby and adult, there are some yogurt/fruit pouches aimed at the school-lunch market, usually some kind of yogurt/fruit thing, that are adult-friendly (if - at least for my taste - one avoids the over-sugared ones: I prefer all fruit for sweetness with the yogurt.) These may be too small a portion for high TDEE folks, though.

Think Chocolate/coffee not Bacardi/red wine. :)

Some of them were really good, some were really bad
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I love the Snapea crisps too, plus almonds in all flavors.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Some company (maybe Clif?) had a savory energy pack that I tried at a marathon expo a while ago. It was like . . . tomato and basil? I can't remember exactly what it was, but it was revolting.
  • LeeshaSeal
    LeeshaSeal Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have 2 boxes of afternoon snacks at my desk and they are so awesome! Nabisco has a line called Good Thins that have lots of different flavors. The one I'm obsessed with right now is the Sweet Potato but the Corn Sea Salt is pretty good too. You can have between 28-41 chips per 130 (est) serving. Bang for your calorie buck I say!

For sweet, I discovered the Kashi Dark Chocolate Coconut Bar. Kashi can be hit or miss for me but the chocolate is so creamy. It's an actual layer of soft chocolate spread over the grains that has an excellent flavor and decent after taste. Only 120 cal.
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    These are probably better cold but maybe not necessary. Sargento Balanced Breaks, each container has some cheese bits, some nuts, and dried cranberries. There are different "flavored" ones, different cheese, nuts, etc.