Body fat advice

Options
Hello. I'm trying to drop my body fat percentage from 31% to 20-25%

Is it possible to do while eating anything ( cheeseburgers, pizza, etc )
While remaining in a calorie deficit and close enough to my macros. I strength train 5x a week. Almost 2 years lifting. 5"6 185lbs. Recently started tracking my calories. Thanks.

Replies

• jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Considering I was at my lowest body fat of my entire life when I delivered pizza, and ate nothing but free pizza, plus went out drinking several nights a week, I'm going to say yes. Was it healthy or a good idea? Probably not.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can, provided you are hitting your macro and calorie targets (both of which are important for body composition)...but really it is going to depend on your calorie intake and how you feel eating "anything"..(especially consider how it can affect your workout performance)

For me, if I am doing a long cut at a small deficit I have more flexibility and am better able to fit treats in during the week and on my weekend refeeds. I had no issues leaning out eating all sorts of foods.

In your case though, you may not have room in your deficit for too many frequent, let's call them 'extravagant purchases.'
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Considering I was at my lowest body fat of my entire life when I delivered pizza, and ate nothing but free pizza, plus went out drinking several nights a week, I'm going to say yes. Was it healthy or a good idea? Probably not.

Too funny...me too. I wish I would have had a Fitbit back then to track all of those calories burned from all of the walking. Plus, I was single and working out 4 days a week.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

For me it was Wendy's. But yeah.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Certainly, I have done it without an issue, but I wouldn't eat a lot of those foods since when you are dieting to lose weight you have to make sure you get your important nutrients, and you should be looking at more calorific foods as something you fit in after you've handled your nutritional needs.