August Challenge Team 7 Drop It 'Cause We're Hot(Closed Grou

Options

Replies

• bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Anyone know when we are supposed to weigh in? I'm really hoping it's not today; I'm afraid I'll be over if it is. :frown: A LOT of water retainage.
  • RickyBobby07
    Options
    Challenge completed for yesterday, water intake completed, looking forward to next weeks challenge, as the "Rock" from the WWE would say " Just Bring It !!", lol, Go Team !!
  • sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I know our captain is busy moving this weekend and I really hope that she does not get upset with me for posting this but I want us all to be ready for tomorrow.

AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 2: Unleashing the Beast Within!
    This is the week two team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team captain for ideas.
    Week Two Daily Exercise Challenge
    Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for the team!
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #2 YOU ARE NO LONGER ROCKSTARS YOU’VE MOVED ON TO BEAST MODE!
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks*
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches* + 50 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights)
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 50 Globe jumps + 100 Jumping Jacks + 100 Stair Climbs (jog or run)
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 40 Shoulder Presses + 1 extra mile + 50 crunches
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWrzp9Mnyg) Shoulder Press
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!
    Week Two Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team must coordinate a 100 mile walk, run, jog outside of their normal running jogging. You will to volunteer how much you can walk. If the team does accomplish the 100 mile challenge they will be rewarded with 5 bonus point. In addition to the 100 mile walk each team member must submit their favorite recipe to the group forum, along with the nutritional value. If someone submits your favorite you must find another recipe to submit.
    *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member. Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.
  • zukekitty
    zukekitty Posts: 185
    Options
    May I be the first to say...ouch!!!! I sounds like a complainer, but that is just my teasing/sarcastic nature. I was raised by a father who physically pushed his three daughters passed their physical limitation on a regular basis so I am used to it. We all ended of up incredible stamina and will stupidly push ourselves too far. So my real challenge is not to hurt myself.
  • bhurley1424
    Options
    Looks like we're in for some hard work this week! Bring it on! :bigsmile:
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Because I had time, I am posting my favorite recipe now. I will post my 1st week's goal and weight tomorrow morning (because I weigh on Mondays.

Favorite Recipe –Alton Brown’s Buff Smoothie
    This makes a huge amount, but it starts the day right.
    Serving Size: 24 oz.

Ingredients:
    4 oz. low fat milk
    4 oz. pomegranate juice
    4 oz. frozen banana
    4 oz. frozen strawberries
    4 oz. frozen blueberries
    4 oz. frozen peaches
    2 TBL milled golden flaxseed

Directions:
    Combine all the ingredients in the carafe of your blender. Refrigerate overnight. In the morning when fruit is thawed, blend on slow, gradually getting faster for one minute. Blend one more minute on high.

Nutritional Information:
    Calories 385 Sodium 71 mg
    Total Fat 1 g Potassium 1079 mg
    Total Carbs 66 g Dietary Fiber 11 g
    Chlesterol 5 mg Sugars 45 g
    Total Protein 10 g
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Oops. I read my rules again. It seems we are supposed to report in on Sunday. So here goes:

All six days of calories challenge MET.
    All six days of >64 oz of water MET

Exercises:
    100 jumping jacks MET
    extra mile MET
    50 crunches MET
    40 up downs MET
    25 push-ups MET
    25 squat lunges MET
    Current weight 124 lbs

Let's go team!

Drop it ‘Cause we’re hot
    Let’s give it all we got.
    Healthly diet and exercise
    Will take us to the proper size.
    So, let’s tie on those running shoes,
    And spread the news of what we lose.

Drop it 'Cause we're hot
    We've exercised a lot.
    Our former challenges were met,
    And exciting new goals have been set
    So, give those tired muscles a shake,
    A give your best for the team's sake.
  • seballard09
    Options
    My challenges are met and done for the week! Next week looks scary - I think I'm going to be sore most days!
  • sass30
    Options
    @ mkaluzny: great tune!

I was able to meet all daily exercise challenges.
    Closed food diary under target calories every day
    At least 64 oz of water every day
    Posted a 1.6 lbs loss!!! (SW 141, CW 139.4)

It may take me a couple of days for my recipe, I really have to think about it.
    I am willing to pledge at least 16 miles towards the 100 mile goal (not including any mileage from regular workout routine or daily challenges). I hope to do more than 16 miles but that is all I can guarantee.

So tomorrow is 50 squat kicks - I got this!

Let's bring it this week!!! (not that we didn't last week) UNLEASH THE BEAST!
  • bhurley1424
    Options
    Ok, so here goes (I also sent a message to the capn). I met all challenges except:

did not log 1 day
    did not meet water 1 day
    did not do up downs (I'm sorry - been fighting a sore back and was scared to do these; was hurting too much)

I did everything else though and weighed in at 170 this morning (half pound down).

Hmm-recipe might be difficult especially if it has to be healthy. I don't cook, my husband does. He doesn't really cook anything 'healthy'. We just eat in moderation.
  • aybee77
    aybee77 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I met all challenges except did not meet water 1 day.

No change in myweight (167.3).
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    I usually log about 3 miles a day (Sunday only 2). Given we have to do an extra mile on two of days due the the challenge. I will pledge an additional 8 miles toward our goal of 100. That should give me a 30 mile week. If I do more early in the week. I will let the team know.

The challenges look doable - I checked out all the videos. I plan on using lighter 5-10 pound weights for them.

I totally agree with sass20, "Unleash the beast!"
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    thank you sooooo much sass and everyone else for being on top of things. I'll be on every day this week, just don't have internet at my new place yet. Bear with me for a few more days. I will keep on top of challenges and please send me your stats if you haven't already. I hope you all had a great weekend and thanks again for all of your patience!
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Okay, obviously, I am bored tonight. I did the 50 belt kicks for the Team Extreme challenge to us. Very similar to squat kicks that we will see later in the week. I know I posted a weight for the week, but I will amend it and mail our captain if it is different when I weight on my scale at home tomorrow. I don't know if I should trust a strange scale.
  • jadery24
    jadery24 Posts: 53
    Options
    Week 1 results:
    Under daily calorie goal: CHECK!
    64 oz of water: CHECK!
    Daily exercise challenges: CHECK!
    and it all paid off! weighed in this morning at 201 which means I lost a grand total of 5.2 pounds this week!

Looks like everyone else is doing great, too! Go team!! Let's get pumped for the coming week!
  • jadery24
    jadery24 Posts: 53
    Options
    aaaaand my favorite recipe is one I stole from a topic posted recently on MFP. I'm a sucker for cheesecake!

Layne & Isabel's Low-Carb Cheesecake Masterpiece
    Ingredients:
    2 lbs no fat cream cheese
    4 whole large eggs
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 tablespoon cinnamon
    4 oz (1/2 cup) low carb no fat milk
    1 cup cooking splenda (sucralose)
    Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees
    Using No Fat cooking spray, spray 9" pie pan
    Mix ingredients together using an electric blender in a large bowl
    Pour mix into pre-greased pan

Heat at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes
    Remove from oven and place in refrigerator

You must let this sit at least 4-5 hours in the fridge if you want a decent cheesecake.

Macronutrient Totals (per slice):
    Protein: 20g
    Carbohydrates: 6g
    Fat: 2.25g
    Chocolate or vanilla protein powder can be added to the mix for flavor and more protein if desired.

If one desires a softer cheesecake, then use 1 lb of light ricotta cheese and 1 lb of fat free cream cheese instead of 2 lbs fat free cream cheese. This changes the totals per slice.

Macronutrient Totals (per slice):
    Protein: 17g
    Carbohydrates: 5g
    Fat: 4.5g

From Layne Norton http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par42.htm

When I made it I actually ended up with 12 slices (and I added 150g blueberries) so macros were:
    101 cals
    Protein: 12g
    Carb: 6g
    Fat: 3g
    (and I stuffed up and used 1 egg and 3 whites, need to double up on whites if you use them I believe)
  • zukekitty
    zukekitty Posts: 185
    Options
    I want to apologize to the team ahead of time.

Not sure how things will go for me this week. My husband gave me his cold. I will do the best I can. I do get a temporary burst of energy when I take the cold medication so I may at least get something done. Until I know how I am feeling over the next couple of days I don't want to sign up for any extra miles that I might not be able to meet.
  • sass30
    Options
    Good morning lovelies! I have gotten my morning workout and the 50 squat kicks in. So now, not only are my arms all rubbery from heavy lifting but so are my legs from the squatting in the workout and the squat kicks. I've got 48 oz of water in already! It's gonna be a good day people.

@jadery24: Excellent loss - you really killed it!

Have a wonderful day everyone :flowerforyou:
  • spurradic
    spurradic Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    wow, so i failed at checking here yesterday, but i did manage to get all of my water in and stay under my calories all weekend! (which is a first in a long time for me :-p)

for my weekly check-in, i managed to meet all of the water, calorie and exercise challenges every day and as of this morning im down 1.8lbs for the week! (which is another shock on a monday morning!)

woot woot! to the team for the success we had the first week of this challenge! and im totally looking forward to week 2!
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Morning, I am so proud of all the early risers and exercisers (hey, that rhymes). Did the squat kicks for today already. I also did 4 miles on the elliptical and the three it will take to walk to work and back later. That means I can donate 3 to the 100 mile goal. I will also mail the captain with this amount. Keep up the great work, drink (water), and enjoy your day.