August Challenge Team 7 Drop It 'Cause We're Hot(Closed Grou

Options

Replies

• sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Good morning teammies! I hope you are all doing well today. I learned this morning that once you set your mind free your body can do anything. I know it sounds corny. I did a 30 minute HIIT workout this morning and going into it I was dead set that I was not going to be able to do it. Well once I stopped listening to "I can't do this" and "I'm too tired, let's just quit", I was able to do the whole thing. At the end I had to stop and take it all in, the fact that I did do it (although not perfectly *shrug*) and it was a lot easier once I stopped telling myself that I couldn't do it.
    So stop telling yourselves that you can't because you can and I believe in you. :flowerforyou:
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!!

I think that for my sanity, it would be easier if you would report your successes with the challenges and water at the end of the week. I know I told you to put it on here, but would you mind messaging them to me at the end of the week with your current weight? Its hard for me to keep everything organized on here!!

Also!
    It is my understanding that you don't have to do all of the challenges in order. For example, I didn't have time for the jumping jacks yesterday, but I will do them today and just push all of the challenges back a day. Does that make sense? Let me know if it doesn't.
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    We wanted you to have this. You're doing a great job please enjoy!

MWRGift-1.gif
  • spngebobmyhero
    Options

MWRGift-1.gif
    hahahaha you are funny. we will not be tempted by such treats! We are strong!!!!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options

MWRGift-1.gif

Doesn't do a thing for me!
  • kezzavt
    kezzavt Posts: 13
    Options
    Hello "HOTTIES"...apparently I can't add you to my friends list as MFP won't allow more then five friend invites within ten minutes...would love to add you to the list. Send me an invite please so I can get this challenge on track at my end of things...good luck to all!
  • spngebobmyhero
    Options
    I would like to welcome kezzavt to our group!!! We had a no-show member so we were able to get a wonderful and enthusiastic replacement!
  • sass30
    Options
    Welcome kezzavt!
  • fitwatch
    fitwatch Posts: 61
    Options
    OK, I am here! I was out for a couple days but now ready to play. Is there a group target or is everyone trying to lose 1-2 pounds per week?

I wonder how everyone does with water consumption. I tend to drink only 1/2 of the recommendation or 4 glasses per day. Not sure why!
  • sass30
    Options
    Okay, so I know that our captain wants us to send our totals to her at the end of the week but it motivates me to post daily so that's what I am going to do. Please feel free to do so also, it's encouraging to see how well others are doing. I drank 144 oz. of water today, walked 2.7 miles and closed my diary under my target calories. I also posted a before pic on my profile if anyone wants to check it out. the one in the grey sports bra was taken yesterday (141 lbs). The one in the bikini was taken last October before starting P90X (165 lbs).
    I hope everyone is meeting their goals today! You are all fabulous!

fitwatch - I am 11 lbs away from my goal weight so I would be very happy and very surprised if I can even lose 1 lb a week. If I lost 2 lbs even for one week out of the month I think that I would pee my pants with happiness!
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hey, team - how about a little inspiration (and because I was in that silly kind of mood)
    Drop it ‘Cause we’re hot
    Let’s give it all we got.
    Healthly diet and exercise
    Will take us to the proper size.
    So, let’s tie on those running shoes,
    And spread the news of what we lose.
    Go team!

Im on a differant team but i just had to say WOW! Love the poem thingy! :)
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options

MWRGift-1.gif

Doesn't do a thing for me!

Me either...now if it was a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie...well then we might have a problem
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Alright teammates - I will post my success on here as well. All goals got met today. It was supposed to be my day off from running or anything really, but I walked at lunch time for the whole half hour,(so there's my extra mile) I am on bottle number 5 so by the end of tonight I will have drank 160 ounces, and I am under my calorie goal. What made it better was that I was called to play as a sub tonight for softball as well. So fun! Now go kick it to the curb everyone! Let's get it done!!
  • kezzavt
    Options
    Okay Homies...before I head to LA LA land I'd like to say, thanks for taking me in at the last minute. It's because of you I got off my butt and much to my dogs delight took him for a brisk walk this evening before eating dinner! Definately a first for moi. yanno..this thing just might work for me, the whole support thing. It's nice to have my own set of cheerleaders.
    *HUGS to ALL*....catch you tomarrow.
  • sass30
    Options
    Maybe I'm just feeling cocky tonight but I am gonna go ahead and say that I am gonna double, no triple tomorrow's challenge for the abs!
    Hope everyone met their challenges for the day and I will be back tomorrow!

GO TEAM DROP IT 'CAUSE WE'RE HOT!!!!!!!
  • kezzavt
    Options
    okay ...could someone please tell me how to get one of those "HOT" signs?? email me please. NIGHT ALL!
  • BethanyCee
    Options
    all goals met today. are we supposed to be posting this somewhere else? or still here? I don't even know.
  • jadery24
    jadery24 Posts: 53
    Options
    Had a great day today! Completed all the goals. The greatest thing happened when I finished my work out. At the community center where I work out, they were having a night out festival thing, and as I was leaving, I saw some firemen spraying down a bunch of people. I took off my tennis shoes and dove right in! How about that for a post work out shower?
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't get to walk today, couldn't get out. I did do push ups(25 of them) - so I'll get my mile in later in the week when I'm able. I've got all the water down and I'm WAY under calories today.
  • zukekitty
    zukekitty Posts: 185
    Options
    Probablly not done with my eating yet today, but have enough calories banked there is no way I will be going over. Went over on water and did my one mile walk. I was told by a physical therapist a few years ago that walking was the worst thing I could do for my knee condition. Ever since I have been working on strengthening that knee. Yesterday and today was the first time I could walk on a treadmill for longer than 5 minutes. So thank you Tuesday challenge for showing me I can walk again!