August Challenge Team 7 Drop It 'Cause We're Hot(Closed Grou

Options

Replies

• sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Well it sounds like we are a motivated group and it is nice to meet all of you. I can't wait to get this started!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    We now welcome RickyBobby07. Mandysjourney was put on two teams by accident so we have a new member!
  • BethanyCee
    BethanyCee Posts: 70
    Options
    Hi, Team 7! My name is Bethany, I'm 24. I've been overweight for pretty much my entire life. Earlier this year I decided I wasn't happy with my lifestyle and just wasn't feeling comfortable, so I made some common sense changes that slowly snowballed into active weight loss. I'm not sure where I was at my heaviest, but I'm estimating it was around 250. It was probably a little more, but 250 is a good round number to work with, so I'm just going with that for the purposes of my scale on mfp.

I've been losing at a pretty decent pace and would like to keep it up. I'm looking forward to this challenge keeping me on my toes and getting to know all of my wonderful teammates!
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Back again, no cute poem today, but statistics on me:

Age: 54 years (that's 655 months - it's seems like a long time)
    Height: 5' 4"
    Starting weight on MFP 137 lbs
    Current weight: 128 lbs (this fluctuates; I was 125 lbs on Monday)
    Goal weight: 120 lbs

Favorite cardio, walking/treadmill Least favorite: elliptical (but I do it for the love of pain (LOL))
    Favorite strength exercise: calf raises or pushups Least favorite strength exercise: crunches

Favorite motivational quote: Daria: "Isn't there anytime when how you look doesn't effect how your judged?"
    Jane: "When you donate your organs unless it's your eyes." ( I try to prove this wrong every day.)
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I've been noticing on the other challenge groups they've all got badges for their team in their signatures. Should we come up with something? I have no idea how to do this, hoping someone else does. I think it would be great to have this on our sigs. What do you think?
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    hey minimadge and rickybobby07, remember that once you post here, you can find the site again easily by just clicking on your "my topics" link at the topic of message boards.
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    I've been noticing on the other challenge groups they've all got badges for their team in their signatures. Should we come up with something? I have no idea how to do this, hoping someone else does. I think it would be great to have this on our sigs. What do you think?
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    I tried uploading an appropriate image for both genders to be a "badge", let me know what you think.
  • spngebobmyhero
    Options
    is the "hello I am hot" the sig? I love it! link?
  • jadery24
    jadery24 Posts: 53
    Options
    I love it too!
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    This is what I typed in the signature box to acquire the picture; you can copy the whole thing and paste it to your signature.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBDoQ9CvRafWKyO-JQXjNXg2_T-WSRnax9x6Nn5hh153n36vs9
    You have to enclose the link between two img spacers. In the second space insert a / before the img letters. Make sure your insert the letters img in brackets.
  • spngebobmyhero
    Options
    Thanks mkaluzny!! I added it and I hope that others do too. Gotta make sure not to add anything else to my signature or it'll be way too long!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    Looks like we have a great group. I am looking forward to starting this challenge and getting to know you all better. WE CAN DO tHIS because WE ROCK.......
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    HI Ladies :flowerforyou:

I'm Lonnie. I'm 31 no hubby, no kids, no bf right now.

I came into the world a "big girl" 9lbs 4oz and it's been down hill ever since lol!!! I had back surgery @ 11 and I wasn't able to move much (not that I did anyway) but by 12 I was a whopping 202. By 23 when I went to my first weight watchers meeting I was 328 :sad: I was in a room full of strangers and I was so upset all I wanted to do was :cry: I'm finally at a place where I no longer want to be fat. I don't want to be on meds at the age of 40 because I didn't take care of myself. And also if I ever do get married and then have children I don't want my kids to ever know one day of the hell I went through growing up.

I'm determined to be different and MFP has taught me so much and I've mad a lot of good connections. This is a wonderful site and I'm glad a friend told me about it. Let's get this done :bigsmile:
  • spngebobmyhero
    Options
    Hello gang!! I have the challenge for the first week. Do your best every day and let me know if you need any more info about any of the exercises.

AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 1
    This is the week one team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine.
    This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team
    captain for ideas.

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks*(see below)
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – Walk, Run or Jog 1 Mile (extra)
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches*
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 40 UP and Downs *
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 25 Pushups *
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 25 Squat Lunges*
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

If you are uncertain on how to do an exercise get with your captains as they will have a weblink to each
    exercise.

Week One Weekly Team Challenge

Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over
    their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days
    your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
    as you are much stronger than you believe.

Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.
    Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended
  • spngebobmyhero
    Options
    Also, the creator of this challenge is asking everyone to take a "before" shot this weekend. It will be so fun to see if you have a transformation during this month! I will message everyone with my email so that we can do something fun with the before and afters :)
  • zukekitty
    zukekitty Posts: 185
    Options
    What is an "Up and Down?"
  • zukekitty
    Options
    And any suggestions to make my badge work?
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    And any suggestions to make my badge work?

You need to put the letters img in brackets in front of the link and put /img in brackets after the link
  • zukekitty
    Options
    Thanks! I guess it's been too many years since my html class.