Breakfast ideas that don't include eggs, hot oatmeal, or yogurt?

Options

Replies

• gorditalindaz
    gorditalindaz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon on toast, bean tacos, chorizo and eggs, chorizo and beans, currently I am having a large coffee with 4 tbs of heavy cream at 200 cals a pop and calling it breakfast.
  • JMcGee2018
    JMcGee2018 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Breakfast meat like bacon or sausage, toast with peanut butter or jelly, fruit, cereal, a green smoothie.
  • pennyjean75
    pennyjean75 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Back bacon (aka Canadian bacon). You get that great breakfast meat taste in a nice lean package.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I also just don't eat breakfast- if you aren't a breakfast person- don't force yourself to eat. Just eat when you're ready.
  • augustsageruns
    augustsageruns Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I went through a phase of eating a baked sweet potato topped with cottage cheese and a sprinkle of chopped pecans. It held my hunger at bay longer than any other breakfast I’ve tried. Depending on size of potato, this could fit your calorie goals. It’s good without the pecans, too. Maybe a sprinkle of cinnamon to make it seem more breakfasty?
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I have some fruit or toast with peanut butter. I plan frequent snacks, so I don't worry too much about food not filling me up for hours on end.
  • mom2kateRH
    mom2kateRH Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I like a slice of really good bread toasted, with goat cheese and berries on top

I also like bread with almond butter, banana slices and chopped walnuts

I make these breakfast bars sometimes, where I put almond butter, dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, etc), coconut, a little bit of oil as binder, cinnamon, nutmeg. blend it up, pat it into an 8X8 square, and chill.

• Cerinichols
    Cerinichols Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I find that eating fruit with my breakfast (around 6:30 a.m.) really helps me feel full until around 10:30 a.m. I usually have scrambled eggs with a clementine, or english muffin with berries, something like that.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I have mini-bagels or light English muffins with Laughing Cow, bacon, avocado, tomatoes, etc. pretty often, sometimes with a side of Greek yogurt and/or fruit. The carb base comes out to around 100 calories, which leaves plenty of room for toppings/sides. Or you could go rogue and eat foods not specifically intended for breakfast -- there's no law about "breakfast foods!"
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    how about a fresh fruit smoothie? Blend fruit and juice together, add some chia or flax seeds and you're good to go. Other then that, what about PB toast?

Right now I am trying to use the food I have in my house, so I am making zucchini bread (I got so MUCH zucchini from the garden) and having a slice of that in the morning with a cup of black coffee.
  • stormdancer
    stormdancer Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    For the last month, for breakfast I've been having 1 tin of Trader Joe's - Unsalted Sardines In Spring Water with 8 Triscuit crackers, which has the virtue of not needing to cook it.
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    For me time is super short in the a.m. - I drink a protein drink (a mix of Click Espresso protein, and Walmart Whey protein). It tastes great, keeps me full for hours (at least 4), isn't too expensive, etc. I'm boring I drink it almost every day.
  • Veronyk_13
    Veronyk_13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like to have an avocado on toast (which I call AvocaDOAST XD) or an almond butter toast topped with slices of banana. I sometimes pair that with a spinach or kale smoothie to which I add fruits and a tablespoon of chia seeds for extra protein. Total is usually around 285 - 310 calories.
  • Happysoul0317
    Happysoul0317 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Morning Start Prime Griller Veggie Burgers on a half of a toasted lavash with goat cheese and ketchup. It's 250 calories or less and very filling. These veggie burgers are the best tasting ones out there, in my opinion. Super quick to make.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Veronyk_13 wrote: »
    I like to have an avocado on toast (which I call AvocaDOAST XD) or an almond butter toast topped with slices of banana. I sometimes pair that with a spinach or kale smoothie to which I add fruits and a tablespoon of chia seeds for extra protein. Total is usually around 285 - 310 calories.
    what is the obsession with avocado on toast?

• madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato hash sans egg.

Onion, sweet potato, kale, any type of meat. I usually use roasted turkey breast, or corned beef, or roast beef as I always have one of the above in the fridge from leftovers.

• Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    For under 300 calories, I often make an apple-almond butter sandwich on whole grain bread. I'm using Dave's Killer Bread thin sliced at 60 calories a slice, half a Pink Lady apple, and 1 T of the kind of almond butter you grind right in the store so it doesn't get all hard to spread.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I don't have to eat "breakfast foods" for breakfast. I eat about 100-300 calories.

Cottage cheese, fruit, granola bar, sandwich, soup, dinner leftovers, yogurt, regular instant oatmeal, half a bagel, toast are all things I might eat. I had popcorn chicken and a small orange this morning.
  • abarriere
    abarriere Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    my husband dislikes eggs, so he does a lot of sides forbreakfast, like some roasted potatoes, fruit and bacon. Either that or he does english muffin with peanut butter, small bagel with cream cheese and tomato, cottage cheese and melon, or a protein shake or smoothie, stuff like that. If you like to cook, you could always make a breakfast hash and just leave out the egg. You could fry one on top if you are feeling it. I like to make bison quinoa hash and put an egg on it, it tastes like a taco bowl.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Probably the best suggestion I can give you is to look up recipes online using the ingredients you DO eat at breakfast and see what the per serving calories are. You can always round it out with a bit of something else if it's too low, or eat a smaller portion if it's too big. ... You are the only one who knows the specifics of your food habits and likes ... and it's fun to spend some time looking things up ... for ... your .... self ... because you will like what you decide to try out.