Do naturally thin people actually think different?

Options
Is it true that a naturally thin person and an overweight person thinks differently about food? If so, what's the difference?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,956 Member
    Options
    Which one are you and what do you think about food?
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is skinny, he's almost a foot taller than me and weighs less than I do (he's close to underweight)... He often either forgets or can't be bothered getting food until like 7pm and then just has a big dinner, though he'll occasionally snack on sweets or crackers... I don't know how he manages, I'd be cranky and have a hunger headache halfway through the day
    His only exercise is a short walk to the bus station and back, he has a desk job and spends his free time playing videogames/doing sedentary stuff - he hates exercise
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I would call myself "naturally lean" as I've never been outside of the low to mid BMI range and for most of my life with no effort or thought. I don't really get hunger signals. I could go all day without eating if I was busy enough. I started adding some pounds with a desk job and boredom eating. I'm also a stress non-eater. As much as people will say it's not genetic, I think to a certain extent it is. My mom was the exact same way. Of course age and inactivity caught up with her too.