Eggs after 7pm

Options
Is it ok to eat like 1 hard boiled egg after 7 or no? Just wondering because I know you're not supposed to eat certain foods after 7.

Replies

• Penguin668
    Penguin668 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I didn't hit my calorie goal yet that's why I was wondering.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you work or not, but if you're in a cube farm, your neighbors might not appreciate the added sulfur in your diet
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Penguin668 wrote: »
    Is it ok to eat like 1 hard boiled egg after 7 or no? Just wondering because I know you're not supposed to eat certain foods after 7.

Who says you aren't supposed to eat certain foods after 7? That sounds like nonsense to me unless you're trying to prevent acid reflux or a sleeping problem. If you think it's necessary for weight loss, it isn't. Hard boiled eggs are a common late night snack for me. If you're following doctor or dietitian advice, then you should check with them to get more specifics about what they want you to do and why.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    There are no foods you shouldn't eat after 7, except:

a. if there are foods that cause you to have issues sleeping (acid reflux, etc.)
    b. if you're asleep at 7
  • Eelkov
    Eelkov Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That whole "dont eat after a certain time" was debunked years ago.... makes no difference. Obviously things like caffeine will keep you up... sugar will give you energy that you may not need at that time... but in general, it makes no difference.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Eelkov wrote: »
    That whole "dont eat after a certain time" was debunked years ago.... makes no difference. Obviously things like caffeine will keep you up... sugar will give you energy that you may not need at that time... but in general, it makes no difference.

Not necessarily. I sometimes have ice cream or a can of diet soda right before bed and have no trouble falling asleep.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Oh geeze louise
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Eelkov wrote: »

I wish caffeine had the ability to keep me up. Sigh.

OP, as others have said, eat when you want. Time based eating is debunked and utterly illogical in any event.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Eating eggs, or any food after 7 pm, will not prevent you from losing weight.

Whatever web site, magazine or book you read this information - stop going to that site or reading that material. If you heard it from a person, stop talking to them about diet and related topics.

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    I suppose if you're prone to egg farts and you stink up the bed at night after your dinner omelette so bad that your spouse banishes you to the couch, then you might want to avoid eggs after 7. But that's the only reason I can think of.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    The only real worry about eating late is that some people are prone to acid reflux or other stomach issues, in which case late eating could affect your sleep.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    This is laughable. I routinely eat ice cream up until and after midnight and have no problem maintaining a healthy low double digit bf%
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Eggs all day every day. Don't buy into the hooey telling you what to eat and when. Go with how you feel, staying within your calorie and nutrition requirements.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    jamrow35 wrote: »
    Only concern I would have for eating eggs after 7pm would be gassing my wife out of the bed about 4-5 hours later...lol. Egg farts....not silent....very deadly.

See, to me, this is a reason to start eating eggs before bed.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    well- I'm boned- I eat like 5-8 every night for dinner around 10 PM.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I eat most of my food after 7. At about 11pm I have 2 soft boiled eggs on buttered toast. Eat when it suits you while respecting your caloric goal.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    jamrow35 wrote: »
    Only concern I would have for eating eggs after 7pm would be gassing my wife out of the bed about 4-5 hours later...lol. Egg farts....not silent....very deadly.

This is funny!! I had no idea eggs are supposed to make people fart. Will be observing any post egg flatulence from now on.