I don't lose weight

Options
workhard115
workhard115 Posts: 13 Member
edited January 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey guys, I would say that around 5 months ago I started healthy life. I eat 5 times a day and my menu is around 1200 kcal(40%carbs,40%proteins and 20%fat),I drink 2 liters of water per day. Another thing is that I train 3-5 times a week and it includes 15 minutes of cardio and 1 hour of weight-lifting at the fitness. I am 166 cm and when I started I was 58 kg and I lost 3 kg which was fine but now from 2 weeks on I am 57,5 and I keep on healthy eating but nothing changes. Can you tell me what I do wrong. I hope that these kilos are muscle but I am not sure. Thanks for your help o:)

Replies

• CatL1911
    CatL1911 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height as you and a slightly lower weight, but I have a small frame and I guarantee that I lack your muscle mass since my physical activity is primarily cardio based. I agree that you should get your body fat percentage measured as muscle will throw off the number on the scale. Also check your sodium intake and remember that you can retain water after a hard workout, so that can also affect the number you're seeing. Something I like to do is to take body measurements - waist, hips, thighs, etc. and compare those over time, since that's more indicative of how you actually look compared to the scale.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I would say that around 5 months ago I started healthy life. I eat 5 times a day and my menu is around 1200 kcal(40%carbs,40%proteins and 20%fat),I drink 2 liters of water per day. Another thing is that I train 3-5 times a week and it includes 15 minutes of cardio and 1 hour of weight-lifting at the fitness. I am 166 cm and when I started I was 58 kg and I lost 3 kg which was fine but now from 2 weeks on I am 57,5 and I keep on healthy eating but nothing changes. Can you tell me what I do wrong. I hope that these kilos are muscle but I am not sure. Thanks for your help o:)

Do you mean it's only been 2 weeks that you haven't lost any weight?

If so, that's definitely not enough time to worry. Be patient as weight loss when you're already a a healthy weight is slow.

^^ this
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    you have not put on kilos of muscle in 2 weeks if that is what you are thinking?

are you weighing all your food - you mention nothing about this?
  • workhard115
    Options
    you have not put on kilos of muscle in 2 weeks if that is what you are thinking?

are you weighing all your food - you mention nothing about this?

Yes, I do weigh it every time
  • workhard115
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Am I reading your post correctly... 5 months seeing progress, 2 weeks with no progress? That's pretty normal, especially if/when you don't have much weight to lose.

In that 5 months, have you been pretty strict/consistent with your intake at 1200 cals?

No progress is okay but the problem is that I put on the weight I have lost. And yeah, I have been realy consistent. Of course I sometimes have cheat meals but everything is measured
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    In that 2 week, what kind of weight fluctuation are we talking about? Some is very normal.

Even with logging your cheat meals, your total intake is still where it should be? Still in a deficit?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Am I reading your post correctly... 5 months seeing progress, 2 weeks with no progress? That's pretty normal, especially if/when you don't have much weight to lose.

In that 5 months, have you been pretty strict/consistent with your intake at 1200 cals?

No progress is okay but the problem is that I put on the weight I have lost. And yeah, I have been realy consistent. Of course I sometimes have cheat meals but everything is measured

To understand correctly, you have gone two weeks without weight loss and in that two weeks you've had some cheat meals (gone over your daily calorie goal)?
  • workhard115
    Options
    In that 2 week, what kind of weight fluctuation are we talking about? Some is very normal.

Even with logging your cheat meals, your total intake is still where it should be? Still in a deficit?

Well, not every time but the cheat meals have been part and parcel all of these 5 months not only 2 weeks or something but I do not allow myself more than just a cheat day in 1 or 2 weeks