Low carb diet did not work for me !

Options
vasinger1
vasinger1 Posts: 11 Member
edited January 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
I tried the high fat low carb diet, and I actually gained weight! I was told to avoid potatoes like the plague, that pasta was "bad", and that carbs make you hungry. Non sense! I am now eating plenty of potatoes, pasta, pizza, and I am NEVER HUNGRY! I eat plenty of high fiber such as oatmeal , (I take psyillium husk) , and plenty of Mexican food such as burritos, rice and beans, etc. I am losing weight and it feels so much easier than the low carb diet. I get irked when people say low fat diets don't work. I did bacon and eggs for breakfast (did nothing to curb my appetite), cheese burgers without bun, it just made more hungry! Maybe low fat doesn't work for some people, but it's working for me !

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I also find all the 'oh so bad' carbs most satiating. Proper bread, baguette, flatbread, rice, potatoes, pasta, bulgur, couscous... Everybody is different.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    What helps with satiety is really individual. Good for you for recognizing that!
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    It's very helpful to figure out what types of foods help you feel full. I also find that realizing that I can enjoy my sweets and still meet my weight loss and nutritional goals to be extremely helpful. I think I will be able to sustain my goals much better because of this understanding.