bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Name: Lisa
    Height: 5'2"
    Total Weight lost: 5 kilos
    Time it took to lose: 3 months
    How long in maintenance: a few years
    Maintenance weight range: 52-54 kilos

Average weight in 2017 (estimate- was not doing regular weekly weigh ins: 56

1st January:
    8th January:
    ----9th January: 60.5 kilos (hightest weight in 30 years)
    15th January: 58.3 kilos
    22nd January: 58.5 kilos
    29th January: 58.4

Success of the week: I walked for about an two and a half hours yesterday, and didn't have much starch and hardly any sugar. I'm going to aim for walking a little more, six days a week. I am not crazy about leafy greens. I don't hate them, but I can skip them. But I've decided to aim for 6 servings per week of leafy greens, and 2 servings per week of berries. This is supposed to be good for the brain. Yesterday: salad and raspberries.

Struggles: I was feeling blocked weight-wise, and so tried joining weigh watchers online yesterday morning, because I had lost weight with WW online about 7 years ago. (but actually, like many people of short stature, I had actually readjusted and had less per day than the then brand new recommended minimum of 35 PP (reduced by WW the following year). In fact I had done 27 PP average, because when I did 35 PP it didn't really work).

I'm wondering if any others have tried the new WW 2018 program. Being small and not very young (slower metabolism) my calorie maintenance need is quite low. On the new WW, I like the idea of not having to track EVERYTHING which seems more sustainable. In the past it was just fruit and veggies that were "free", which was possibly a bit edgy with bananas, or squash. With 200 "free" options, including yogurt, beans, skin-free chicken and fish, I am concerned that this year's WW program may work well for people with considerable weight to lose, but I'm wondering about for people who are small and close to maintenance. Eating much lean protein and fruits and veggies does keep one satiated. Double-tracking seems like a lot to do. Thoughts?
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @Gutcutter500 baby steps! You might be a runner and not know it