(As a guide for January) Average weight recorded from December: 117.0 lb

Average weight recorded from 2017 (12months): 116.7 lb

Week of...
    1st January: 118.2
    8th January:
    15th January:
    22nd January:
    29th January:

Success/struggles of the week: The water park was a blast. Saturday was over 3000 calories eaten, but the rest of the week was in line. Also, my Fitbit Flex is pretty "water resistant."
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart I feel your pain, lol. I was wondering how you liked the Garmin. Now we know. In my nonprofessional opinion, you are doing very well. You have not dropped below normal weight, you can pretty much eat what you want and the weather is perfect for running! (Can you tell I am a bit jealous regarding the running?) I haven't run since 12/20 :(
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,979 Member
    Options
    Thanks @mk2fit I love the garmin for running. The fitbit one was really good just tracking steps, but it is so nice to be able to see pace, etc while running without having to dig out my phone. I've missed a few running days since Christmas, but today should be perfect running weather. I will take advantage of it while I can.
  • HarperAnn6
    HarperAnn6 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    Name: Rye
    Height: 162 cm
    Total Weight lost: 41 lb
    Time it took to lose: 9 months
    How long in maintenance: since Jan 1, 2018
    Maintenance weight range: 143-153

(As a guide for January) Average weight recorded from December: 154.5

Average weight recorded from 2017 (12months): 175

Week of...
    1st January: 152.2
    8th January: 151.6
    15th January:
    22nd January:
    29th January:

Struggles/Successes: Lots! Bad habits from the holiday eating are haunting me as I keep wanting to graze and snack. Trying to counter by being very strict with my eight hour eating window and doing an FMD Sunday to Thursday to see if I can ‘reset’ my taste buds and hunger and grazing habits. (Other reasons also) So I might lose some weight this week, but I have the room to do so without concern.

I, too, have had a resurgence of snacking / grazing over the holiday season. I am trying to get myself out of the habit, but it is hard! At least the tempting foods are just about gone or have been removed from the house. Still, I find myself gravitating toward my husband's snack foods -- foods I don't even really like! Weird!
  • OY74NmFGBL
    OY74NmFGBL Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    icemom011 wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »
    @Nudgey02 I've eaten chocolate every day while losing 80 lbs and in maintenance 21 months.

A little helps you go a long way.
    And @pkweier , same here. Chocolate every day, loosing, maintaining, gotta have some!
    I knew I'm not the only one, hehe.

Heck yeah chocolate daily is like a MUST! I've enjoyed it too all the while dropping 82 or so pounds. If I deprived myself more than likely I'd fine myself eating a whole bag of mini reese's cups with a few cups of milk LOL. I enjoy a piece of almond bark after lunch and I add some chopped almond bark to my yogurt daily. Chocolate just makes it special.
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Name: Lori
    Height: 5'7"
    Total Weight lost: 150
    Time it took to lose: 2.5 yr
    How long in maintenance: Sept 2016
    Maintenance weight range: 153-157

(As a guide for January) Average weight recorded from December: 156.9

Average weight recorded from 2017 (12 months): 155.5

Week of...
    1st January: 158.2
    8th January: 161.0
    15th January:
    22nd January:
    29th January:

I'm back from a trip with a little water retention. It's started to drop already. We had a fun time! One of the things I enjoy about these trips is being able to fit into airplane seats, arena seats, climb the steps in arenas, and walk to and from the hotel with no difficulty. I used to lag way behind my group when walking, now I have force myself to slow down or I'd be 2 blocks ahead of the same friends.

The last couple of weeks several of my real life friends have said they are trying to walk more so their steps keep up with mine! I never thought I would be the one inspiring others to get fit and move more, lol.

I do need to go back to a slight deficit for a couple weeks regardless to get back to mid-range. Things have crept up the last 2 months from what I thought was water weight etc at the time but it's gotten higher than I'm comfortable with. Now is the time to reign it in!

Still trying to figure out my fitness goals for the year. On my lifting days I think I want to lift more and on my swimming days I think I want to swim more. I do both already, but can't do "more" of both. So hard to decide!

I hope everyone's New Year is getting off to a great start!

I also like that I can fit in airplane seats and climb stairs without being out of breath. I used to have to sit everywhere while others were having fun cause of my weight no more I’m out there enjoying it all. I might even try zip lining
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    sofchak wrote: »
    HarperAnn6 wrote: »
    Success / Struggles: I'm a little afraid to be at the top of my range, but I plan to be a bit more careful not to eat compulsively / unconsciously. All those little bites of things add up. If anyone has a "protocol" they follow when they reach the top of their range or if they need extra motivation, please let me know. On the plus side, at least I am aware of what has caused the slight gain.

Hi @HarperAnn6 - having now reached the top of my range 3x in the last 6 months, my recommendation is to make small changes - cut 100-200 calories a day or exercise 2x more a week. I find that it’s mentally less taxing that way.

In contrast, the first couple times I hit my top range, I took drastic action, cutting 500-700 calories a day to lose weight faster because I panicked. I just felt miserable, like I failed.

The slower approach doesn’t feel as much like punishment and I honestly barely notice a difference between losing and Maintenance that way. It’s a marathon, not a sprint - even in Maintenance.

Good luck.

Great advice. It's more or less what I do too. Also, I think having this app and using it actively helps me too. I can always go back to my food diary and look at what I've been eating in the past for inspiration. Or if I've stopped logging, revert back to logging and weighing my food.
  • HarperAnn6
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Success / Struggles: I'm a little afraid to be at the top of my range, but I plan to be a bit more careful not to eat compulsively / unconsciously. All those little bites of things add up. If anyone has a "protocol" they follow when they reach the top of their range or if they need extra motivation, please let me know. On the plus side, at least I am aware of what has caused the slight gain.

Hi @HarperAnn6 - having now reached the top of my range 3x in the last 6 months, my recommendation is to make small changes - cut 100-200 calories a day or exercise 2x more a week. I find that it’s mentally less taxing that way.

In contrast, the first couple times I hit my top range, I took drastic action, cutting 500-700 calories a day to lose weight faster because I panicked. I just felt miserable, like I failed.

The slower approach doesn’t feel as much like punishment and I honestly barely notice a difference between losing and Maintenance that way. It’s a marathon, not a sprint - even in Maintenance.

Good luck.

Thank you very much for your advice, Sofchak! I really appreciate it as I am still finding maintenance quite difficult. As you noted, it is counterproductive to panic. It definitely makes a lot more sense to make smaller changes. Now that the weather is a bit warmer here, I should be able to get out and exercise. Also, the holidays are over, which should help me curtail my eating a bit.
  • HarperAnn6
    edited January 2018
    Options
    fidangul wrote: »

Good luck.

Great advice. It's more or less what I do too. Also, I think having this app and using it actively helps me too. I can always go back to my food diary and look at what I've been eating in the past for inspiration. Or if I've stopped logging, revert back to logging and weighing my food.

Great idea to go back to these basics, Fidangul! Thank you for your response. MFP helps keep me accountable, but I have been a little sloppy with logging and measuring lately. I have to make these practices more of a priority.