August Challenge "FUNKY UNCHUNKY MONKEY'S" (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• petchonka82
    Options
    Weapons of Mass Reduction would like to challenge you to a new daily challenge for today! Are you up for it.
    50 mountain climbers!

Before you ask...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyeZM-_VnRc

Done! I <3 pain!
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    So glad I was alone in the back room as I finished the 40 ups and downs, and yes I broke them into segments, just couldn't do them all at once...come on Friday we can do it FUM!!!!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 2: Unleashing the Beast Within!
    This is the week two team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team captain for ideas.
    Week Two Daily Exercise Challenge
    Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for the team!
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #2 YOU ARE NO LONGER ROCKSTARS YOU’VE MOVED ON TO BEAST MODE!
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks*
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches* + 50 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights)
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 50 Globe jumps + 100 Jumping Jacks + 100 Stair Climbs (jog or run)
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 40 Shoulder Presses + 1 extra mile + 50 crunches
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWrzp9Mnyg) Shoulder Press
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!
    Week Two Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team must coordinate a 100 mile walk, run, jog outside of their normal running jogging. You will to volunteer how much you can walk. If the team does accomplish the 100 mile challenge they will be rewarded with 5 bonus point. In addition to the 100 mile walk each team member must submit their favorite recipe to the group forum, along with the nutritional value. If someone submits your favorite you must find another recipe to submit.
    *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member. Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended. Release your potential and it will take you further than you imagined.

:bigsmile:
  • ablake80
    ablake80 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wowww.... thats hardcore. LOL. I'm really scared of week 2.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Week 2 there is mountain climbers. Is there a replacement exercise? I can do almost anything but my body just can't do that yet. I can do planks instead?
    Wowww.... thats hardcore. LOL. I'm really scared of week 2.

agreed. lol i got a nervous stomach when I read
  • bell33usx2
    bell33usx2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! Day 4 & 5 are scarey. Day 4: In the video he says you will scream like a girl. Hmmm....I am a girl so yes, I am sure to scream. :laugh: Day 5: Earth shaking is what that will be. Hang on tight cause it won't be an earthquake. Just us Funky Monkeys getting busy!:tongue:
  • clydeisme
    Options
    If thats what week 2 looks like, I'm really scared to see what week 3 and 4 will bring!!!
  • mamathrash2
    mamathrash2 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Week 2-WOW!!!!! That's all I've got.
  • mamathrash2
    mamathrash2 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

Each team must coordinate a 100 mile walk, run, jog outside of their normal running jogging. You will to volunteer how much you can walk. If the team does accomplish the 100 mile challenge they will be rewarded with 5 bonus point.

I will commit to 8 miles for our group challenge.
  • heathergettingfit
    Options
    QUOTE:
    "Week Two Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team must coordinate a 100 mile walk, run, jog outside of their normal running jogging. You will to volunteer how much you can walk. If the team does accomplish the 100 mile challenge they will be rewarded with 5 bonus point. In addition to the 100 mile walk each team member must submit their favorite recipe to the group forum, along with the nutritional value. If someone submits your favorite you must find another recipe to submit. "

:bigsmile: (((((((( I will commit to --7-- miles for the week two team challenge. )))))))))) :bigsmile:

****Here is my recipe****

QUINOA BREAKFAST CASSEROLE

Breakfast casserole in which the cooked quinoa serves as the crust. Made with free range organic eggs. Recipe used a norwegian style cheese, but any cheese can be substituted. Reheats well for several meals.

Crust:
    Quinoa, 2 cup cooked (cook according to package)
    100% Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs (Seasoned), 0.25 Cup
    Salted Sweet Cream Butter, 0.5 tbsp (14g)
    Canola Oil Cooking Spray

Casserole Filling:
    9 Medium Organic Free Range Eggs (can use regular non organic eggs as well)
    Bergenost Norwegian Style Cheese, 2 ounce (grated)
    Spinach - Raw, 0.25 cup (cut into strips)
    Pepper and Onion Mix (Frozen), 0.5 cup
    Salt and Pepper (to taste)

Instructions:
    Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8X12 casserole baking dish with Canola Oil cooking spray (thin coat).

Melt down 1/2 tbs. of sweet cream butter. In bowl mix the 2 cups of cooked quinoa (cook according to package), 1/4 cup of seasoned bread crumbs, and melted butter. Mix. Pour mix into the baking dish and spread evenly with a spoon. Push mix up sides of dish as well. Bake for 10 minutes in oven and then remove.

Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Place frozen peppers and onion mix in non-stick pan and saute over med heat for two minutes. Then add spinach and cook for another minute. Stir at least twice.

Add veggie mix to whisked eggs. Add salt and pepper. Additional spices can be added if desired (parsely, pepper blend, paprika, etc.). Mix well.

Put half of the cheese on top of the baked crust. Pour egg mixture over. Then add other half of cheese on top of eggs.

Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. Mix will puff up while in the oven, but will settle when removed. Let casserole sit for 5 to 8 minutes. Cut into 8 bars and enjoy.

This makes a great on-the-go breakfast meal because the quinoa and eggs hold a "bar" shaped really well.

Nutrition Info:

Total per casserole:
    Calories 1576
    Carbs 96
    Fat 90
    Protein 93
    Fiber 13
    Sugar 4

Total per Serving:
    Calories 197
    Carbs 12
    Fat 11
    Protein 12
    Fiber 2
    Sugar 1
  • bell33usx2
    bell33usx2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

Each team must coordinate a 100 mile walk, run, jog outside of their normal running jogging. You will to volunteer how much you can walk. If the team does accomplish the 100 mile challenge they will be rewarded with 5 bonus point.

I will drop in 5 miles to this challenge. :wink:
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    i give SIX MILES to this challenge...how many left now??
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I can do 10 miles!
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    Options
    You can put me down for 12 miles for the week.
  • alisa1973
    alisa1973 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    put me down for 10 miles for the week but I can do more if needed.
  • heathergettingfit
    Options
    Let's tear it up this week monkeys!!! :angry:
  • happymiche
    happymiche Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'll commit to 6 extra miles for the week! Here we go......!!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    12 miles. . .. . for me. Gives me a chance to dust off the tread mill in addition to the cardio that I am already doing. . . Boy this week is going to be a killer. .. I need to step it up though. . . . Good luck all!:bigsmile:
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    Options
    My FAVORITE recipe...

Topic: Mediterranean Stuffed Tomatoes Sun 05/23/10 04:00 PM
    2 lg tomatoes
    1/2 c packaged garlic croutons
    1/4 c crumbled goat cheese
    1/4 c sliced, pitted kalamata olives
    2 T low-fat Italian dressing
    2 T chopped fresh basil

Preheat broiler. Cut tomatoes in half horizontally. Discard excess seeds, then scoop out pulp and chop. Place hollowed out halves cut-side down on paper towels. Combine tomato pulp, croutons, goat cheese, olives, dressing, and basil. Mound mixture into tomato shells and place on a broiler pan. Broil 4-5 inches from heat for 4-5 min or until hot and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.

Serves 2
    Cal- 206
    Protein- 3 g
    Carbs- 8 g
    Fiber- 1 g
    Fat- 7 g
    Chol- 6 mg
    Sodium- 300 mg

Recipe from "Women in Motion" vol 5, number 4

I LOVE this recipe! I do a few substitutions, such as parsley for basil, and dif olives, etc., based on my own tastes. Enjoy!