What food is the most satiating for you?

Replies

• dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    filling would be peanut butter though I don't eat it all that often because it is a trouble area for me. I try to get in green & a protein for a good filling meal, not processed junk.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,383 Member
    Eggs, oatmeal, lean proteins.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    It depends. Typically I would say protein+fiber... so a protein bar. But sometimes it's high volume that works. Other times it's mental hunger and I need one cookie or a little ice cream bar and I'm good
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Protein for me. Eggs, Meat, Cheese etc. Had Gammon ham, fried egg and mushrooms for lunch at 1pm and it is now 6.15 and just starting to feel a bit peckish.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Usually it's a volume thing for me.
    But to name a few specific foods- carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, lettuce, spinach and hard boiled eggs.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Raw walnuts, one hard boiled egg and an avocado. For some reason that keeps me full for the whole day until I can eat a big dinner!!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,899 Member
    Foods containing the highest of fiber!
  • CourtneyUT
    CourtneyUT Posts: 48 Member
    If I don't have eggs for breakfast, I stay hungry all day. Weird, but I guess I need that protein boost in the morning. I have found that eating higher fat and lower carb keeps me feeling full and happy. Not LOW carb, but LESS carbs. When my meals are 50% carbs or more, I am hungry all day.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Fiber + Fat combo. I'm definitely in agreement with folks who mentioned baked potatoes. I often do a potato topped with black beans, cheese, and sour cream for dinner, and I'm full for hours.
  • Mazintrov13
    Mazintrov13 Posts: 134 Member
    For me I find protein, fibre and fat in that order.
    For specific foods I find cottage cheese, eggs, fish, broccoli, Brussel sprouts and red meat are the most satiating
  • ServusChristi
    ServusChristi Posts: 98 Member
    All-you-can-eat Chinese buffet. J/K! Steel-cut oats in the morning for sure (I throw in a big spoon of gelatin powder first, to add protein). Great northern beans cooked down to soup are very filling later in the day, high in protein and potassium.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 604 Member
    I find Greek yogurt and some types of protein bars in particular to be very satiating. In general, some combination of protein and fiber, and sometimes fat, works best for me.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Meat!
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Oatmeal, nuts, fruits, peanut butter
  • Elle_Marie_Fit
    Elle_Marie_Fit Posts: 138 Member
    I always feel so nourished when I eat a mashed banana mixed with plain, whole fat yogurt sprinkled with cinnamon.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Red meat. A 3 oz serving of filet mignon is usually enough to completely satiate me. Paired with some brussel sprouts or broccoli or asparagus and I can get by for a while.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    As long as it includes a ton of vegetables/protein/large volume of food im pretty satisfied. Also greek yogurt and protein bars
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    I also can not do eggs or oatmeal... they dont do ANYTHING for my hunger weirdly enough
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,794 Member
    6 Oreos
  • Teresamaria860
    Teresamaria860 Posts: 4 Member
    I eat a primal diet. I do not eat grains nuts or seeds so for me the most satiating food is fat. I will usually add 2-3 tablespoons to every meal in the form of ghee, butter, lard, beef tallow. For breakfast one of those tablespoons is often coconut oil. And I sometimes add olive or avocado oils. But my body prefers animal fats. This is in addition to whatever fat I mightnuse for cooking. I've lost 25 pounds since I began eating primally. My cholesterol is so low my doctor told me I had less than a 1% risk of a stroke and My blood sugar is no longer in the pre-diabetic range. So this dietary choice is really working well for me