What food is the most satiating for you?

Options

Replies

• dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    filling would be peanut butter though I don't eat it all that often because it is a trouble area for me. I try to get in green & a protein for a good filling meal, not processed junk.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Eggs, oatmeal, lean proteins.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    It depends. Typically I would say protein+fiber... so a protein bar. But sometimes it's high volume that works. Other times it's mental hunger and I need one cookie or a little ice cream bar and I'm good
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Protein for me. Eggs, Meat, Cheese etc. Had Gammon ham, fried egg and mushrooms for lunch at 1pm and it is now 6.15 and just starting to feel a bit peckish.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Usually it's a volume thing for me.
    But to name a few specific foods- carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, lettuce, spinach and hard boiled eggs.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Raw walnuts, one hard boiled egg and an avocado. For some reason that keeps me full for the whole day until I can eat a big dinner!!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Foods containing the highest of fiber!
  • CourtneyUT
    CourtneyUT Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    If I don't have eggs for breakfast, I stay hungry all day. Weird, but I guess I need that protein boost in the morning. I have found that eating higher fat and lower carb keeps me feeling full and happy. Not LOW carb, but LESS carbs. When my meals are 50% carbs or more, I am hungry all day.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Fiber + Fat combo. I'm definitely in agreement with folks who mentioned baked potatoes. I often do a potato topped with black beans, cheese, and sour cream for dinner, and I'm full for hours.
  • Mazintrov13
    Mazintrov13 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    For me I find protein, fibre and fat in that order.
    For specific foods I find cottage cheese, eggs, fish, broccoli, Brussel sprouts and red meat are the most satiating
  • ServusChristi
    ServusChristi Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    All-you-can-eat Chinese buffet. J/K! Steel-cut oats in the morning for sure (I throw in a big spoon of gelatin powder first, to add protein). Great northern beans cooked down to soup are very filling later in the day, high in protein and potassium.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I find Greek yogurt and some types of protein bars in particular to be very satiating. In general, some combination of protein and fiber, and sometimes fat, works best for me.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Meat!
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, nuts, fruits, peanut butter
  • Elle_Marie_Fit
    Elle_Marie_Fit Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I always feel so nourished when I eat a mashed banana mixed with plain, whole fat yogurt sprinkled with cinnamon.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Red meat. A 3 oz serving of filet mignon is usually enough to completely satiate me. Paired with some brussel sprouts or broccoli or asparagus and I can get by for a while.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    As long as it includes a ton of vegetables/protein/large volume of food im pretty satisfied. Also greek yogurt and protein bars
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I also can not do eggs or oatmeal... they dont do ANYTHING for my hunger weirdly enough
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    6 Oreos
  • Teresamaria860
    Teresamaria860 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat a primal diet. I do not eat grains nuts or seeds so for me the most satiating food is fat. I will usually add 2-3 tablespoons to every meal in the form of ghee, butter, lard, beef tallow. For breakfast one of those tablespoons is often coconut oil. And I sometimes add olive or avocado oils. But my body prefers animal fats. This is in addition to whatever fat I mightnuse for cooking. I've lost 25 pounds since I began eating primally. My cholesterol is so low my doctor told me I had less than a 1% risk of a stroke and My blood sugar is no longer in the pre-diabetic range. So this dietary choice is really working well for me