TEAM WITHERING A WEIGH - WEEK 2 - (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
Hello TEAM WITHERING A WEIGH!!! :bigsmile:

I apologize for being so late with our week 2 information! I have had a very busy weekend!!

There are NO MORE PASSES!! If even ONE of us does not complete a challenge - the team does not get the bonus points! :sad:

ALL reporting will take place in here.

Here are the challenges! WE CAN DO THIS!! :happy:

CHALLENGE : Unleashing AUGUST WEEK 2 the Beast Within!

This is the week two team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine.
This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team
captain for ideas.

Week Two Daily Exercise Challenge

Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for
the team!

WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #2 YOU ARE NO LONGER
ROCKSTARS YOU’VE MOVED ON TO BEAST MODE! :devil:

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks*
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup or bottles of water if u
don’t have weights

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches* + 50 Mountain Climbers
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup
or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights)
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 50 Globe jumps + 100 Jumping Jacks + 100 Stair Climbs (jog or run)
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 40 Shoulder Presses + 1 extra mile + 50 crunches
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWrzp9Mnyg) Shoulder Press

Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge

Each team must coordinate a 100 mile walk, run, jog outside of their normal running jogging. You will to
volunteer how much you can walk. If the team does accomplish the 100 mile challenge they will be
rewarded with 5 bonus point.

In addition to the 100 mile walk each team member must submit their
favorite recipe to the group forum, along with the nutritional value. If someone submits your favorite
you must find another recipe to submit.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
as you are much stronger than you believe.

Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.
Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.

LET'S KEEP WORKING TOGETHER TO KICK THE CRAP OUT OF AUGUST!!!

Replies

• faye_daisy
    faye_daisy Posts: 148
    Options
    Spinach Pizza
    Ingredients
    1 tortilla Ortega - Whole Wheat Tortillas (8 Inch)
    1/4 cup Pellicano's - Southern Italian Pizza Sauce
    1/4 cups Fresh Spinach
    1/2 Generic – Tomato Large
    6 olives Black Pearls - Medium Pitted Black Olives
    1 g (2 tsp) Sage, Fresh
    1/4 cup Kraft - Fat Free Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
    8.5 slices Hormel - Turkey Pepperoni Slices

Lay the tortilla on a cookie sheet. Spread on pizza sauce with a spoon. Add spinach, tomatoes, black olives, sage, cheese and pepperoni slices. Cook on 350 for 20-25 minutes depending on how crispy you like your pizza
    Calories 272 Fiber 5, Fat 8, Protein 19, Carbs 31
  • faye_daisy
    Options
    100 mile walk is that to be done all in week 2?
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    @ faye_daisy... Looks like it. We just have to coordinate between the team members.

TEAM - I think there will be 20 of us... so we should be able to handle it... I know dk and susan will be jogging/running already!

100 / 20 = 5 miles each. Surely we can each walk/jog/run 5 additional miles within the week? If someone needs to take less and someone else can volunteer to take more - please speak up here. Otherwise - let's report our miles in here...

Daily reports should look something like this example...

deep swimmers presses - check
    walked 1 mile towards team 100 mile challenge

Remember - these are supposed to be IN ADDITION TO your normal workout - so if you normally walk a mile per day - try to get in 2. :bigsmile:
  • faye_daisy
    Options
    put me down for 5 :)

edit I will try for more but kids go back to school this week and it will be hectic so i figure a low number but go for more :laugh:
  • LouD76
    LouD76 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone..

My Monday Weigh in will be 120.2kg / 265lbs...

Its TTOM for me at the moment so hope it will be all over before the next weigh in.. would hate to show again because of it.

I've printed out the exercise for this week. Jules I'll confirm on Gtalk that I have done them. I won't be online tomorrow as we have a public holiday - Woman's Day, but will be back again on Wednesday. Will count my calories on my phone app so don't worry.. :-)

Have a good day everyone...
  • LouD76
    LouD76 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Favourite Recipe:

PIZZA CHICKEN
    1 boneless chicken breast, pounded flat if thick
    Salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning, to taste
    1 tablespoon pizza sauce
    4 slices pepperoni
    1 teaspoon butter or oil
    2 fresh mushrooms, sliced
    2 thin green pepper rings
    1 ounce mozzarella cheese, shredded

Season the chicken with salt and other seasonings; grill. Meanwhile, sauté the mushrooms and pepper rings in butter or oil until slightly tender, but not mushy; set aside. Spread the sauce over the chicken, then top with the pepperoni, the pepper rings, mushrooms and then finally, the cheese. Sprinkle with a little additional Italian seasoning, if desired. Bake at 350º about 10-15 minutes or until hot and the cheese is melted. Serve at once.

Makes 1 serving
    Can be frozen but the peppers will get soft

Per Serving: 310 Calories; 16g Fat; 36g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Weigh in first, I'll get you a recipe today!
    162.2 - 1.2 down from last Monday!
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Baked Chicken Parmesan
    Serves 4

16 oz. - Kroger - Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Raw (Frozen)
    0.38 cup - Kikkoman - Panko Bread Crumbs
    1/8 cup - Kraft - Shredded Parmesan, Romano, And Asiago Cheeses
    1 Tablespoon - Land O' Lakes - Unsalted Butter
    2 piece - Sargento - Light String Cheese (Reduced Fat Low Moisture Mozzarella Cheese)
    1/2 cup - Ragu - Old World Traditional Spaghetti Sauce

Heat oven to 375. Melt butter and coat chicken breast. Combine shredded cheese and panko. Roll chicken breast in mixture. Place in a baking dish sprayed with PAM. Cover chicken with spaghetti/pizza sauce. Rip your string cheese into smaller pieces and place on top of the chicken.
    Bake for 25 - 30 minute or until chicken is cooked all the way through and cheese is bubbly.

Per Serving: 235 Calories; 9g Fat; 27g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate;1g Dietary Fiber; 494mg Sodium
  • ShannGall
    ShannGall Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good Morning: 132.5... Starting weight for the week.
  • pugs4eyes
    pugs4eyes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Lost one pound week one. Gonna work hard this week. Tammy
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I am sick beyond sick. I knew it was inevitable that this would happen. Its gone around the house. I tried so hard to stay away from it.. but it has hit me like a freight train. Bleh. I didnt get the last workouts done because of it. I am going to TRY my hardest to get this all done this week with out dying.

Tomorrow will be very stressful as we have a meeting with the lawyer. Wish us luck.. trying to get custody of my step kids. :)

OOPs! Weigh today is 129.4
  • DLMcCutchen79
    DLMcCutchen79 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I lost 2.4 pounds for week one, making my starting weight for week two 197.2
  • susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Official weigh-in for week 2 - 204.5......down 2.5 pounds :)
    Jogged 4.23 miles this morning
    Put me down for 5 extra miles this week - I'll walk them with my kiddos! :)
    Will share a recipe lata......gotta get busy and act like I work here!! tee hee
  • amymoore728
    Options
    Weigh in today - 139.5. Lost 1.5 pounds.
    Also took measurements and I have lost more inches since July 1st, when I last measured! So excited.
  • DLMcCutchen79
    DLMcCutchen79 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Having this tonight!

Moo Shu Chicken

Makes: 10 rolls

Nutrition Facts

* Amount Per Serving
    * Calories 190 (will vary depending on the tortilla's used)
    * Protein(gm)12
    * Carbohydrate(gm)25
    * Fat, total(gm)5
    * Cholesterol(mg)19
    * Saturated fat(gm)1
    * Dietary Fiber, total(gm)3
    * Sodium(mg)897

Ingredients

* 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
    * 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
    * 2 cloves garlic, chopped
    * 2 teaspoons fresh ginger grated
    * 1 bag broccoli slaw
    * 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
    * 4 scallions, sliced
    * 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
    * 2 tablespoons reduced- sodium soy sauce
    * 10 flour tortillas (6 inches) ( I use Tumaro's Gourmet Tortillas Multi Grain, Low in Carbs, 95% fat free made with oats and soy flour. They have way more flavor than a regular flour tortilla and only 60 calories per tortilla.)
    * 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (boil boneless, skinless, chicken breast in water until cooked, then shred)

Directions

1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, and ginger. Cook one minute. Add broccoli slaw, half of the scallions, sprouts, vinegar, soy sauce and stir until blended. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes, until vegetables are softened.

2. Stir in the hoisin and chicken; stir to combine with vegetables and heat through.

3. To serve, heat tortillas following package directions. Spoon 1/2 cup of chicken mixture down center of tortilla and roll up.

You can add egg to this recipe as well. 1 cup of egg beaters. (to use whole eggs you'll need 4 large eggs beaten). To add egg start with one teaspoon of the oil, warm oil in skillet, add eggs. Scramble until soft set. Remove from pan, place on plate or bowl. Then begin with step one above. When at step 2 add eggs with chicken and stir to combine with vegetables and heat through. Egg beaters will add an additional:
    Calories 12
    Protein 2.4
    Carbohydrate <1
    Fat, total 0
    Cholesterol 0
    Saturated fat 0
    Dietary Fiber 0
    Sodium 46mg
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Great job all and good morning, I am down 2.4lbs this week which puts me at a weight of 184.6. My inches are down as well. Please put me down for 10miles I will do 2mile each day. I don't really cook but I will post a meal a little later.
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Yea.. so I don't know if anyone noticed but I put my weigh in at approx 100lbs lighter... OOOPPPPSSSS...

Sorry.. its this damn summer cold clogging up my head.

I am weighing in at 229.4 this week.
  • dk_runs
    dk_runs Posts: 106
    Options
    I still weigh 131.4 - dammit!
    As for the 100 mile challenge, I can definitely crank out an additional 5 miles for the team, possibly more. I am following a very regimented training plan for a 1/2 marathon, so I will have to review it when I get home to see where I stick in some extra miles...but 5 miles extra for sure.
    Recipes - coming later on today. Again, I have to wait until I get home to dig up the recipe I used over the weekend.

Happy Monday all!
  • keeks8281
    Options
    Monday weigh in - 179! :happy:

I'll post my recipe & exercise later. Also, put me down for an extra 5 miles this week!
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    2.5 miles done 8 to go.:wink: