Options
    slifter16 wrote: »
    What is it you think sweat does?

Help burn more calories

Erm......no
    Oh well idk then,

Eat less move more.

I honestly think it’s more to just eating less, moving more yeah but idk about plainly eating less

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Count your calories. Put in the work.

That’s all you can do.
  • slifter16
    slifter16 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Count your calories. Put in the work.

That’s all you can do.

Been working on it
  • slifter16
    Options
    It's honestly liberating when you realise there is no 'this one weird trick' and it's all down to you and the numbers: your calories consumed, your calories expended. I spent my whole life thinking my weight was out of my control, until I started calorie counting and voila, the weight came off and has stayed off.
    Yeah, and that’s why I love this app because it has REALLY helped me control what I eat and how much I eat and things like that. I’ve been looking at too many “Get Skinny Quick” schemes and “Skinny Minnie Teas”
  • slifter16
    Options
    Not only better, really it's all that works. The saying "if it works, it ain't legal, and if it's legal it doesn't work" is very, very true. Save your c ash for new clothes when you lose it the simple, natural way ;)
    Thanks for the inspiration! This is my like 100th time on my weight loss journey and I’m just following the group and I’m not really sure what even works for ME

It's likely your 100th time trying to lose weight because you look for quick fixes and miracle products to get results.

Consistently eat at a calorie deficit (a sensible one, not a massive one thatll likely lead to binges) and you'll succeed. Don't be restrictive with your food choices - "strict but not restricted"!

So this may sound weird but, how am I supposed to eat healthy then. Can I eat whatever I want as long as I stay in my calerie count for the day? Or does it have to be filled with lean meats and Raw veggies and protein this and protein that. I’m just starting but sometimes I feel to overwhelmed and I give up. I just bought a air fryer to start myself off, so I don’t have to use grease in any of my food. I’ve been baking chicken and trying to find healthy and DELICIOUS recipes that don’t taste like *kitten*. Sometimes I won’t eat an entire day so I can have a lot of caleries left so I can eat a whole pizza at dinner time.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options

Help burn more calories

No ... sorry.
  • Machka9
    Options

Help burn more calories

Erm......no
    Oh well idk then,

Eat less move more.

This!
  • TheDon2018
    TheDon2018 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've tried all these hype trends. All it does is speed up losing water weight and u can do that by drinking a good amount of water on a daily <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    Not only better, really it's all that works. The saying "if it works, it ain't legal, and if it's legal it doesn't work" is very, very true. Save your c ash for new clothes when you lose it the simple, natural way ;)
    Thanks for the inspiration! This is my like 100th time on my weight loss journey and I’m just following the group and I’m not really sure what even works for ME

It's likely your 100th time trying to lose weight because you look for quick fixes and miracle products to get results.

Consistently eat at a calorie deficit (a sensible one, not a massive one thatll likely lead to binges) and you'll succeed. Don't be restrictive with your food choices - "strict but not restricted"!

So this may sound weird but, how am I supposed to eat healthy then. Can I eat whatever I want as long as I stay in my calerie count for the day?

Yes!

Isn't that freeing! :)

But you will discover that certain foods have good staying power ... they keep you full longer. And other foods seem to leave you hungry again 30 minutes later. You may want to eat the foods that keep you full longer mostly, and keep the other foods for occasional use.

For example, for me, pears have a lot more calories than I thought, and I'm ravenous again in about 30 min when I eat them. So unfortunately, as much as I like pears, they aren't a particularly good choice for me.

However, for me, my lunch of brown rice, chicken and veggies does keep me full for a decent amount of time.

You'll have to find out what works for you.

• slifter16
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

So this may sound weird but, how am I supposed to eat healthy then. Can I eat whatever I want as long as I stay in my calerie count for the day?

Yes!

Isn't that freeing! :)

But you will discover that certain foods have good staying power ... they keep you full longer. And other foods seem to leave you hungry again 30 minutes later. You may want to eat the foods that keep you full longer mostly, and keep the other foods for occasional use.

For example, for me, pears have a lot more calories than I thought, and I'm ravenous again in about 30 min when I eat them. So unfortunately, as much as I like pears, they aren't a particularly good choice for me.

However, for me, my lunch of brown rice, chicken and veggies does keep me full for a decent amount of time.

You'll have to find out what works for you.
    I like this bit of information! I always thought it was STRICT no SWEETS NO CARBS PERIOD and all I hear about is a Keto Diet, or a Green smoothie 10 day cleanse and I’m just extremely overwhelmed trying to fit in I guess that what you can call it, but not knowing what’s best for me is pure agony!

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,438 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way: Food is like petrol.

You buy a jerrycan full of petrol for your mower but your mower is still full and you don't need to mow because the grass is not growing. Thus you put the full jerrycan somewhere and leave it there. Having too much petrol is like having too much food: your body stores food as fat and you store the extra petrol for later as well.

Then suddenly the grass starts to grow and your neighbours start talking that you should really keep your garden more tidy. Thus you start mowing and the petrol in the tank goes lower but you still have the petrol in the jerrycan, so you constantly fill the tank up with the petrol from the jerrycan and the tank in the mower remains kind of full. This is similar to eating the right amount of food for neither losing nor gaining.

Now you have a neat garden.

But then the grass starts growing again. The tank in your mower is still full, but the jerrycan empty. So you get the mower out and start mowing. The petrol in the tank gets less and you don't fill it up anymore because you don't have more petrol. Ooops! You just about manage to mow your garden but now you have less petrol in the mower than when you started as you don't fill it up anymore. This is similar to eating less food than your body needs: you lose weight and you lose petrol in the mower as you don't fill it up again.

Now imagine you do the same at cold temperatures and at warm temperatures. The mower doesn't care. It still uses the same amount of petrol. The same is true pretty much for your body: it doesn't matter how much you sweat. You still need the same amount of food for gaining, losing or maintaining weight.

(yes, I do feel a bit odd today)