What is attractive?

Options

Replies

• Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's that simple. Everyone is attracted to what or who they're attracted to. My boyfriend thinks the women in the magazines are too skinny. And after all the years we've been together, I'm pretty confident he's not just saying that. He's also not the only man I've heard say that.

On the other hand, there are men who really like super skinny.

Some men like large breasts, some small. Some like a nice leg, some a big rear end, some a small rear end.

There is no "most" in this question.

I also find that people fall in love with someone and then the things about the person they love become what is attractive in their eyes, even if they wouldn't have found those things attractive before, if that makes sense.

Lol, and sometimes what they find attractive doesn't matter in the long run. My fiance likes short girls and he likes them SUPER skinny. I am 5'9" (taller than him) and will never be super skinny.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    simply saying "I will do anything you want.. and btw.. afterward i will make you a pizza..."

That does it for me.. but then again.. i am fat... so dont believe me... anything with food and sex is a good day for me..

I agreee with the last bit ;)
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    a pulse!! haha
  • BrianTheNegotiator
    BrianTheNegotiator Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Anything can be attractive to someone who likes it. To me, the most attractive thing is confidence (not arrogance, confidence) and personality in general. A few pounds + confidence > hot but insecure or rude. Friendly + a few pounds > smoking hot but *****y. And I think most guys prefer a 'regular' woman over the stick figures they try to sell you in magazines.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's that simple. Everyone is attracted to what or who they're attracted to. My boyfriend thinks the women in the magazines are too skinny. And after all the years we've been together, I'm pretty confident he's not just saying that. He's also not the only man I've heard say that.

On the other hand, there are men who really like super skinny.

Some men like large breasts, some small. Some like a nice leg, some a big rear end, some a small rear end.

There is no "most" in this question.

I also find that people fall in love with someone and then the things about the person they love become what is attractive in their eyes, even if they wouldn't have found those things attractive before, if that makes sense.

Lol, and sometimes what they find attractive doesn't matter in the long run. My fiance likes short girls and he likes them SUPER skinny. I am 5'9" (taller than him) and will never be super skinny.

No kidding! The boyfriend really likes Jenna Elfman and (even more) Salma Hayek. One is ridiculously tall, lean and blond. The other is very dark and Latin.

I have curly, blondish red hair, am short and have an hourglass figure. I always tease him and ask what the heck he saw in me! lol
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    curves ............a real woman
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    My ideal boyfriend/husband to be would be -

-gorgeous smile
    -personal hygiene must be top notch ;) - always smelling fresh, clean breath, hair must be tidy :)
    -a few tattoos either on the chest, top of arms or back
    -must have a great personality - be able to take a joke like, good sense of humour, must always be up for fun and not just be a boring sod :)
    -he must drive, and have a nice car :) (im very fussy!) ahaa
    - must be strong and muscly - able to pick me up ;)
    -trustworthy!! - i want to spend the rest of my life with someone who i can trust and tell them anything without feeling uncomfortable.
    -must be a little bit taller than me, dont like lads too tall and skinny, it will make me look short and stumpy :)
    -must have those 'come to bed' eyes :D

Basically im just looking for a lad whose 100% sexy all over! :)

Hard to find one of them around here, i always seem to go out with twats!! Who takr advantage of you =\
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    For me it depends on the guy.....different qualities attract me to different people....

What attracted me to my ex all those years ago was his eyes, smile and slight shyness, then his physique. He made me feel comfortable and safe with the way he spoke and lets just say I spent a weekend with him when I barely knew him....I would NOT normally do that for obvious reasons..Lets just say I let my parents know where I was even though I was an adult....there was just something there at the time that said go for it regardless of the fact I'd only known him a fortnight! I remember it was a great weekend! I spent the following 14/15 yrs with him until about a month ago when we separated.

Otherwise, It might be as simple as similar interests or maybe just his mannerisms..or just his sense of humour..it really depends on the guy....

Generally speaking, I find a guy attractive if they have nice eyes, smile, is a deep thinker / talker, is friendly, caring, honest and understands me, they work hard, have similar interests and can enjoy fun times & share my sense of humour. (which can be limited but only cos I'm blonde - takes me longer to get the punchline on occasions).......especially if they can turn me on with words alone....cos then I know the physical would be more than 100%! (in some cases, depends on the guy).

Otherwise, attractive could be purely down to how they look.....if they have all the above and the looks then definately! A guy who can surprise me (in a nice way) is great too.

I have found in the past I can be attracted to the bad boy look too (loads of piercings, tattoos, skin head etc.....like i say, it really depends on the guy - they're all different!! There was a guy once many years ago I found attractive, but certainly not for his looks - it was his kindness and personality and the way he danced at the time....he went off to a budhist summer camp and came back completely transformed - looked & acted totally different, a bit too straight laced in my opinion.....was totally turned off by the change...he wasn't the same guy I'd got on so well with and fancied a year earlier. Don't get me wrong, there were some changes for the better, just not the same guy I'd fancied previously.

There was another guy who I dated years and years ago who was about 6ft odd, shoulder length curly black hair, gentle looks and was great to talk to......but when the crunch came he wasn't my type....horribly smelly feet and his recreational habits that I found out about, were not on my list of OK.

One very bad mistake I made with a very close male friend was to say I'd fallen for him - got on brilliant - always ended up back at his house after a night out at the local club....(friendship nothing more)....after a year I found I'd fallen for him (his long dark curly hair, his friendship, the way he cared etc). We were so close as friends, we used to hold hands and he used to give me piggy back rides home whilst drunk)......the moment I mentioned I'd fallen for him it changed everything....he was really upset I'd ruined a perfectly great friendship....of which I lost with him....it upset him too much as he really enjoyed the fact he could be such close friends with a female and not have the physical. Shame - To this day, I regret the words that fell from my mouth that night...

Best stop reminiscing....I do think the older you get, the qualities that attract you to the opposite sex, change over time....to a degree....

Things i do NOT find attractive in men is arrogance, inflated ego's, players, possessiveness, domineerance, lies, manipulators, boozers (talking every day) and down right disrespect for women. ugh! Hate those with absolute loathing!

Anyways, drawn this out more than it needed to be - too much time reminiscing....oops!!
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    simply saying "I will do anything you want.. and btw.. afterward i will make you a pizza..."

That does it for me.. but then again.. i am fat... so dont believe me... anything with food and sex is a good day for me..

^Lmao, but sooo true.

I like different people for different reasons, I may lust after a man with tattoos & a bad boy attitude, but I'm more likely to fall in love with a silly, carefree, makes a fool out of himself because he'd rather do that than conform to the norm type of guy that makes me laugh & is just plain adorable. With a bit of a dirty naughty sexual side that makes raunchy comments at unexpected times that really get my hormones in gear if ya catch my drift ;)

for a second i thought you were talking about me.. but since there is no comment about huge hairy man boobs... i decided it wasnt.... sad..

Well I just figured big hairy man boobs was a given. I mean duh! ;P
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    A pleasant smile and friendly personality.
    Intelligence and strength,not being willing to be put down or held back.
    Funny and loves to laugh.
    A feminine figure with hips and curves. :smile:

There goes Carl, taking my breath away yet again!
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    physically - calves are what get me. there is just something about them i cannot resist! also, i am a tall lady - so tall men are attractive.

other than that, i like when a man is not afraid to make decisions. they need to be assertive and not always rely on me to do things for them. confidence is very attractive as well
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    i like when a man is not afraid to make decisions. they need to be assertive and not always rely on me to do things for them. confidence is very attractive as well

Totally agree. I went on a date recently with a guy who wanted me to decide everything (he even wanted me to tell him what to order for dinner!). When I told him I felt like I was being bossy by having to tell him what to do (I was trying to be subtle), he said "I don't like making decisions."

I was too stunned to speak, but I was thinking "Excuse me? Do you need a minute to check and see if your balls are still there?"

It's depressing to know within the first five minutes of a date that you will not be seeing that guy again.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I find a cute smile, lovely eyes, and confidence very attractive in a woman. I also am attracted to painted nails both on the fingers and the toes. Maybe it's weird, but hey... ask and you shall receive! LOL :happy:
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    A sense of humor!~
  • BethanieK
    BethanieK Posts: 201
    Options
    Intelligence, and wittiness are really important to holding my attention, I get bored easily. But the initial attraction usually starts with the way they carry themselves, smile (teeth), eyes, and forearms. A nice *kitten* helps! :)
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    If we are talking total package:

I like dark haired ladies with blue eyes. Large chest, smaller waist, bigger hips. About as tall as me or slightly shorter. I like some hips on ladies, it just looks like the way a woman should be built. Pretty smile is always good as well. I like sweethearted ladies who are not too girly to go fishing or do some guys stuff with me, but not so butch that you cannot tell they are female. I also find it very attractive if I think a woman is great with kids and parents because that says a lot about their character, like if a guy treats his mom well he'll treat his woman well. I also like a woman that's pretty sharp, it's hard to have a conversation with someone (male or female) if they are rubbing two brain cells together to stay breathing.

The above type of woman (a.k.a my wife) is my perfect woman.
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    Physically: bedroom eyes, tattoos, not too "muscle-y", nice teeth, and I'm a sucker for dimples.

Also, a good sense of humor and someone who can handle all my moodiness. :wink:
  • BAMA66
    BAMA66 Posts: 240
    Options
    Pretty smile, eyes and a good personality.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    honesty, not lazy, not arrogant, and makes me feel beautiful and appreciated.
  • meg_sue
    meg_sue Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Men who are not afraid of nor ashamed of their masculinity. There are too many girly men in the world today, so when a guy is just unapologetically male, that's very attractive to me.

I agree all day long! My husband is a man's man. He is smart, tough as nails, and actually is a man of his word. He is my unicorn, I never thought I would find one like him. His masculinity, bald head, and goatee is what caught my attention when we first met. Then after getting to know him I was completely lost. Life is good!