August Challenge Team 7 Drop It 'Cause We're Hot(Closed Grou

Options

Replies

• aybee77
    aybee77 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost weight for 3 weeks now, but I just measured myself, and my waist, hip, and chest measurements are all down from last month (-0.75 lb, -0.5 lb, -1 lb). :-) This keeps me motivated to press on.
  • jadery24
    jadery24 Posts: 53
    Options
    I'll pledge 7 miles (one per day) to the 100 mile challenge. Let me know if I need to do more, I pledged low because I plan on doing A LOT of exercising this week, and I don't want to hurt myself!
  • sunniebeehealthy
    sunniebeehealthy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    All six days of calories challenge MET.
    All six days of >64 oz of water MET

Exercises:
    100 jumping jacks MET
    extra mile MET
    50 crunches MET
    40 up downs MET
    25 push-ups MET
    25 squat lunges MET
    Current weight : Same :(

I will come at this week with determination! :) I pledge to do 5 miles towards the mile challenge... Thats a mile extra a day for 5 days...

Great work ladies and gents... :) xo Happpy Monday
  • sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost weight for 3 weeks now, but I just measured myself, and my waist, hip, and chest measurements are all down from last month (-0.75 lb, -0.5 lb, -1 lb). :-) This keeps me motivated to press on.

Don't fret, I have gone months of not losing weight but lost tons of inches! You don't just want to lose weight you want to shrink the body right?! Get it!
  • Lopez84
    Lopez84 Posts: 10
    Options
    Calories challenge - DONE
    >64 oz of water - DONE

Exercises:
    100 jumping jacks - DONE
    Extra Mile - DONE
    50 Crunches - DONE
    40 up downs - DONE
    25 push-ups - DONE
    25 squat lunges - DONE
    Current weight - No Change - I'll measure myself and see if those changed

I will pledge 8 miles to the 100 Mile Challenge.
  • sass30
    Options
    Okay, it looks like there has been 47 miles pledged towards the 100 mile challenge. That's almost half way and I know not everyone has pledged. Come on people we got this. Even if you think you can only do 1 extra mile for the week, just commit!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Ok I pledge 3 miles to bring us to 50. I will try to do more but 3 I can definately do. I have some time constraints so I just wasn't sure how much I could do. :smile:
  • zukekitty
    zukekitty Posts: 185
    Options
    I found this recently in an older (1998) Cook Healthy, Cook Quick cookbook from Sunset Magazine. This also freezes well.

Jamaican Chili

Ingredients

Vegetable cooking spray
    1 tsp olive oil
    1 1/2 c chopped onion
    2 cloves garlic, crushed
    2 1/2 c chopped sweet yellow pepper

1 Tb ground cumin
    1 Tb hot hungarian paprika (I only had sweet so used that)
    1Tb chili powder
    2 tsp sugar
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp ground cloves

2 (14 1/2 oz) cans no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained
    1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained
    1 (15oz) can canellini beans, drained
    1 (15oz) can black beans, drained
    1 cup water
    2 Tb no-salt-added tomato paste

2 TB balsamic vinegar
    1/4 cup plus 2 Tb minced fresh cilantro

1. Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; add olive oil. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; saute until onion is tender. Add yellow pepper; saute until pepper is tender. Add cumin and next 5 ingredients; saute 1 minute.

2. Stir in tomatoes and next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.

3. Remove from heat;stir in vinegar. Ladle chili into individual bowls. Top each service with 1 tablespoon cilantrol.

Yield: 6 (1 2/3 cup) servings

Nutritioal info per serving:
    Calories- 266
    Fat- 2.5 g
    Sat Fat- .3 g
    Carbohydrate- 50g
    Fiber- 9.5g
    Protein- 14.3g
    Cholesterol 0mg
    Sodium 554mg
  • zukekitty
    Options
    My cold doesn't seem too bad so far so I will pledge 2 miles. Being conservative just in case. If we do more than we pledge does it count towards the total?
  • sass30
    Options
    I would think that any extra miles done that were not pledged should count towards the 100 miles anyways. What does everyone else think?

I did 4 miles today, and .75 of those miles I ran!!! Major big deal to me because since graduating high school I have always said that I will only run in the event that I need to save my kids, rabid dogs are chasing me or zombie apocalypse.
    I've gotten 168 oz of water and closed the diary under calories. And as I stated in my earlier post this morning the squat kicks are done.
    Everyone is doing awesome! Let's kill it!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    You ladies rock. I went to the zoo today with 3 of my daughters and granddaughter. I did 3.5 miles of walking and had alot of fun doing it. I will pledge 8 extra miles this week and did 50 squat kicks, also got in my water, and doing great on food intake so far.........
  • sass30
    Options
    This is so good I could eat the whole thing myself. Wegman's is a grocery store chain in upstate NY where I live, there are other great recipes on Wegmans.com if anyone is interested.

Butternut Squash with Baby Spinach (serves 8)

2 pkgs (20 oz each) Food You Feel Good About Cleaned & Cut Butternut Squash, cut in 1-inch cubes
    2 large red onions, peeled, chopped (about 4 cups)
    3 Tbsp Wegmans Basting Oil
    Wegmans Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper to taste
    1 pkg (6 oz) Food You Feel Good About Fresh Baby Spinach
    3/4 cup Food You Feel Good About Sweetened Dried Cranberries

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine squash and onions on large baking sheet; drizzle with basting oil. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper; toss lightly.

Roast 55 min, until tender and brown. Toss squash, spinach, and dried cranberries in large shallow serving dish.

Nutrition Info: Each serving (1 cup) contains 140 calories, 26 g carbohydrate, (4 g fiber), 2 g protein, 5 g fat, (0 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, and 40 mg sodium.
    Calories: 140
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    sass - I can't wait to try your recipe. I love squash. In fact, I have copied all the recipes so far to a word file; so that they will be easier for me to find.

I am feeling a little guilty about only pledging to do 8 additional miles. I know I can do more. I will give 3 miles a day for 5 more days. (That gives me time to recover). So instead of 8 miles; I change my pledge to 18 - a gain to the team of 10 miles. I CAN do this.

zukekitty - I hope you are feeling better. I love the idea of a vegetarian chili. This sounds like something I will save and make on a chilly day (pun intended)

I met all the goals today and even did the mile for tomorrow's challenge.

Good luck team.
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    All challenges met today - squat kicks done, water done and under calories. I also walked an extra mile to put in the team bank --- :happy:
  • zukekitty
    Options
    All challenges met today
  • jadery24
    jadery24 Posts: 53
    Options
    Had a blech-y day calorie wise, but I won't let it get me down! Did the challenge for today and drank my water! Just gotta get back on track tomorrow
  • spurradic
    spurradic Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    well, water and calorie goals met today as well as squat kicks and one set of 50 crunches. im going to be doing my challenges a little out of order because of my regular workout schedule (dont want to overdo it), but have a check list of the challenges that im keeping track on so i dont miss any :)

i can pledge at least 15 miles this week toward the 100 mile challenge. maybe i can squeeze in more, but dont want to over pledge and disappoint.

as for the recipe, ill have to dig around to see if i can come up with one that i like well enough to share :)
  • sass30
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Got the swimmers presses in...all 50! Did only 5 lbs weights though, figured I would do it as a muscular endurance exercise. Supposed to rain today but I will get my miles in rain or shine! On the upside it's only supposed to be 75 degrees today, will be a nice break.
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    finished the swimmers presses, already at 32 oz of water. I got in 3 additional miles on the treadmill (so I can donate those to the team), I did today's extra mile yesterday. All is good, but I am a bit sore. I feel sorry for those of you who have been moving. Lifting boxes always leaves me scratched up and sore.

Have an awesome day, you are my motivation. Without the team, I would not be pushing myself quite so hard.
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Checked my other challenge for today. It was mountain climbers - so I did those and did the 50 mountain climbers for tomorrow. It feels good to be ahead. If I do the crunches today, I could have an almost challenge free day tomorrow, except for the extra miles of course. Let's see if you can get me motivated with your good reports today.