Options

Replies

• Bre_Deveraux
    Options
    i'll commit to ten !
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Have we found out if we are still supposed to post about our diaries? I kind of feel that we should even if it isn't part of the challenge. I think it's a good accountability.
  • VelcroPooh
    VelcroPooh Posts: 152
    Options
    I don't see where 3 of our members have ever posted anything. They may be emailing Captain and we don't know, but if that's the case, we need to know how many miles they are committing to so we can see how close we are going to be.

Only 3 missing members! I thought there was about 10 missing members LOL Well thats better than I expected then.
    If Captain Netty can tell us on Saturday what the mile count is at so far, I will happily go out and walk all day long to get the numbers up (not 100 though haha).

When do we find out the scores of all the August teams? x

That's what I was thinking too but we have had about 5 that have posted on here once or twice, they just don't yack like me! Lol.
  • AmyKayzz
    Options
    10 miles!!! Okay - I'll try - but no guarantees!! And I agree with someone here that this weeks challenges were thought up by the devil himself... OUCH!!!
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I completed the 50 squat kicks and BOY are my thighs burning! I also managed to walk 1.744 miles today :smile: gonna try & do that every day! xx
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    LOL - you're all funny, I enjoyed reading everyone's posts today :happy: I got a big grin on my face now, and LOL at a few!

Off to walk my big butt off @ lunch. Since it's my birthday today, I let the dogs sleep in (yeah...that's it....the dogs....)
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    As far back as thursday all of our members were accounted for... I have a lot of catching up to do when i get home from work today so then ill let you guys know then....

I will go over miles walked on thursday so that it gives us a few days to make up what we are missing...
    So everybody keep track of your own miles until then!!!

Everybody is doin a really good job. :o)
  • VelcroPooh
    Options
    LOL - you're all funny, I enjoyed reading everyone's posts today :happy: I got a big grin on my face now, and LOL at a few!

Off to walk my big butt off @ lunch. Since it's my birthday today, I let the dogs sleep in (yeah...that's it....the dogs....)

Awww.....Happy Birthday Stephanie! I hope it's wonderful and full of smiles!
  • frg4bama
    frg4bama Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yeah ! Happy birthday Stephanie
  • alwaysangel
    Options
    Happy Birthday Stephanie! Hope your day is fabulous! Great job exercising on your bday. That certainly shows commitment!! :flowerforyou:

Angel
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday stephanie!!! :drinker:
  • Meg1077
    Meg1077 Posts: 11
    Options
    Happy Birthday Stephanie!
    So I'm probably the last person holding out on buying a smart phone which means I don't have constant access to post.
    That being said I am up for the extra 5 miles. I will try to do more but I don't want to commit then not come through for my team!
    I was down 3.4 this morning when I weighed in so YAY!! I had a terrible lunch so boo! But I learned a lesson even when I think I'm picking something decent off the fast food menu the ugly truth is there really isn't anything decent to choose.
    I hope everyone has a great evening & if you didn't do your squat kicks for today WE CAN DO IT!!
  • VelcroPooh
    Options
    Lol. Fast food is hard! I did have Taco Bell the other day. They have a fresco menu that is low calorie. I had two chicken soft tacos for like 320 calories. Everyone also says that Hardees has put out a new turkey burger that is really good and I think they said about 480 calories, which compared to a normal burger is about a half to a third of the calories.

I got my squat kicks in, then something possessed me to try Level 1, Day 1 of the 30DS and then five minutes of belly dancing! My thighs feel like jello! I've got my water in but I have no idea what I am doing for dinner yet, so I'll have to log later.
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Steph! ^_^ :flowerforyou:

I'm uber scared of going to do my miles tomorrow! I live 5 minutes from the London riots :cry:
  • alwaysangel
    Options
    HeY Captain,

I used your recipe for the low fat Tuna casserole, modified it a bit but I thought it was good. Next time I want to use 2 cans of tuna for there was hardly any meat in it. More meat more protein more protein fuller longer. My husband just had milk and cookies. I'm getting ready to have some strawberries.

Thanks for the tip,

I like the idea of a recipe exchange.

Angel
  • Stephanie08
    Options
    Oh I totally forgot about the recipe exchange, but I have it written down, so I'll do it.

Today - I did well! Thank you all for the Happy Birthday wishes, my BF took me out to a restaurant that the birthday person gets their meal for free, at my request. I had the baked scallops, pushed the mashed potatoes off to him and ate the veggies and a salad! I can only guess at that calories, but with my walking today I was under calories as far as I know. I don't normally count exercise calories, but since it's my birthday, I threw caution to the wind :glasses:

So checks all around: Food, Water, Kick Squats, Walking 2.3 miles in today. I really really want to be down 5 lbs this week (I know maybe not that attainable, but I'm going for it)
  • Stephanie08
    Options
    Happy Birthday Steph! ^_^ :flowerforyou:

I'm uber scared of going to do my miles tomorrow! I live 5 minutes from the London riots :cry:

Shame I haven't been paying attention because I'm usually up on news, what are they rioting over there?
  • VelcroPooh
    Options
    I forgot about the recipe too. Ok, here's one of my favs right now because I love cornbread and was really bummed that I thought I was going to have to give it up until I found this one and it's super easy.

49 Calorie Cornbread Muffins

1 cup cornmeal
    4 tbsp. low calorie mayonnaise
    1 1/2 cups buttermilk

Mix together and pour into 12 muffin tins sprayed with "I can't believe it's not butter" cooking spray. Bake in a 450 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.

Nutrition Facts: Calories 49, Calories from Fat 6, Total Fat .6g, Sodium 36mg, Cholesterol 1mg, Carbohydrates 9.3g, Dietary Fiber .7g, Sugars 1.5g, Protein 1.8g

I really like it if you are eating it with beans or something. My hubby suggested adding a little low fat cheese and some jalepenos for a mexican flavor (would have to add some calories for the cheese).

I got everything completed for today. Exercise, water and under calories. SCC88 you be really careful.
  • holly200
    holly200 Posts: 18
    Options
    I got everything done for the day: under calories, challenge met & drank my water. It was a beautiful evening here so I walked three miles with my husband!
    Happy Birthday Steph!! And I'm with VelcroPooh....be careful SCC88! I saw London on the news and it looks really bad over there!!!
  • Bre_Deveraux
    Options
    happy birthday steph !

am i the only person who isnt able to update their diary or exercise ?
    completed everything today and got in two miles !