I need help with healthy lunch meals!

Options
lacharlachar
lacharlachar Posts: 7 Member
Hey peeps! I ran out of idea’s for lunch, i can’t just live one salads. I find lunch harder to deal with than dinner. Im so odd! Please help me!

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    What do you like to eat? Eat that... In reasonable portion sizes to stay within your calorie goals.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I've made turkey chilli for lunch this week. I meal prep on a Sunday afternoon and stick it all in the freezer
  • Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    In Canada there is a brand of products called “President’s Choice”, that have some great healthy products for meal preparation. This week for lunch I am having chicken breast with the following veggies slow roasted: red pepper, broccoli, cauliflower and string beans. I’m using the President’s Choice light Memories of Szechwan sauce (which is a peanut satay sauce) as a condiment; it is only 50 calories per 30mL and very tasty.

Last week was all Greek: chicken breast with cucumbers, tomatoes and lettuce, with a bit of tzatziki for the chicken and a drizzle of Greek salad dressing for the veggies. I know that’s technically a salad, but it didn’t feel like a salad to me.
  • merflan
    merflan Posts: 216 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    burrito bowls with either ground beef or chicken made with cauli rice instead of regular rice, turkey burgers, chicken stir fried with peppers and onion

also if you are on instagram look up a meal prep hashtag and you'll get loads of ideas
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I normally do roasted veggies with some kind of protein (often chicken)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I have chicken, sweet potato and zucchini green curry for lunches this week :)
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats with some fruit mixed in.
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 405 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I love to batch cook vegetable fried rice.
    It freezes well. You can use up all your wilted vegetables and throw in any fresh or dried herbs to taste.
  • lacharlachar
    Options
    Gilgamesh wrote: »
    In Canada there is a brand of products called “President’s Choice”, that have some great healthy products for meal preparation. This week for lunch I am having chicken breast with the following veggies slow roasted: red pepper, broccoli, cauliflower and string beans. I’m using the President’s Choice light Memories of Szechwan sauce (which is a peanut satay sauce) as a condiment; it is only 50 calories per 30mL and very tasty.

Last week was all Greek: chicken breast with cucumbers, tomatoes and lettuce, with a bit of tzatziki for the chicken and a drizzle of Greek salad dressing for the veggies. I know that’s technically a salad, but it didn’t feel like a salad to me.

• lacharlachar
    Options
    Oh nice! Sounds good! Thanksss!!
  • PEvers1
    PEvers1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This week, I prepped stuffed green peppers with ground turkey, Rotel, and rice.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    If your main goal is to lose weight, then portion control is more important than what you choose to eat. That said, some foods are easier to lose weight with than others since they have a nice balance of bulk vs. calories.

What kind of calorie target are you shooting for with your lunches?
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I'm having some black bean enchiladas, an apple, and a cheese stick. 400 calories and quite filling.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Turkey sandwich (low-cal wheat bread, turkey, tomato, lettuce, and sometimes some avocado) for like 200 calories. Add in some greek yogurt and a banana and you've got a 400-450 calorie sack lunch extraordinaire!
  • Skworon
    Skworon Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Lentil and artichoke stew only 200 calories
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Soup and crackers.

Leftovers in a wrap with a little mustard.

BLT sandwich with Miracle Whip and and turkey bacon.

Chilli and a bun.
  • mybfisred
    mybfisred Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Burrito bowl sounds yummy and easy
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I make a wrap.

-Tortilla (whole wheat)
    -1/2 can tuna
    -Cucumbers