Options
124»

Replies

• MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    TheDon2018 wrote: »
    MichSmish wrote: »
    I am like a right handed person with two left hands when it comes to most girly things like makeup and hair styling lol. When I do put on makeup, I do minimal liner on my eyes, mascara, and light lip color/chapstick. And I cannot for the life of me figure out how to properly work a curling iron. I’ve watched multiple YouTube videos, but when I try to curl my own hair it’s like i have no thumbs and I’m a cat trying to write like a human.

Have u tried a curling iron that rotates for you? You basically take a small chunk of hair brush it through and put the end of your hair (to the best of ur ability depending on if it's layered as close to the end) in this mini clip/tong at the bottom of the iron, then u press the button and it will rotate clockwise or anti clockwise for u. You hold it for 10-15-20 seconds depending on the temperature and the type of hair you have, you release the minitong at the bottom of your hair where u initially had secured the end of your hair, let go and voila. If u don't have one u should invest in one of them check online!

I’ve heard of them, and seen some videos of them too. I just can’t seem to bring myself to pay $200 for a hair tool :grimace:

I guess, obviously, it’s just not that important to me lol. I’m just annoyed at myself that I can’t figure out how to operate a regular curling iron :lol:
  • TheDon2018
    TheDon2018 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am like a right handed person with two left hands when it comes to most girly things like makeup and hair styling lol. When I do put on makeup, I do minimal liner on my eyes, mascara, and light lip color/chapstick. And I cannot for the life of me figure out how to properly work a curling iron. I’ve watched multiple YouTube videos, but when I try to curl my own hair it’s like i have no thumbs and I’m a cat trying to write like a human.

Have u tried a curling iron that rotates for you? You basically take a small chunk of hair brush it through and put the end of your hair (to the best of ur ability depending on if it's layered as close to the end) in this mini clip/tong at the bottom of the iron, then u press the button and it will rotate clockwise or anti clockwise for u. You hold it for 10-15-20 seconds depending on the temperature and the type of hair you have, you release the minitong at the bottom of your hair where u initially had secured the end of your hair, let go and voila. If u don't have one u should invest in one of them check online!

I’ve heard of them, and seen some videos of them too. I just can’t seem to bring myself to pay $200 for a hair tool :grimace:

I guess, obviously, it’s just not that important to me lol. I’m just annoyed at myself that I can’t figure out how to operate a regular curling iron :lol:

That is pretty dear in price not gonna argue. Haha just keep practicing before u hop into the shower :) maybe get heat resistant gloves so u can deal with the iron and your hair fearlessly and just try to focus on the motion of the tutorials on YouTube :) either way you'll be able to do it one day for sure good luck chica
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options

That is pretty dear in price not gonna argue. Haha just keep practicing before u hop into the shower :) maybe get heat resistant gloves so u can deal with the iron and your hair fearlessly and just try to focus on the motion of the tutorials on YouTube :) either way you'll be able to do it one day for sure good luck chica

Thanks! Hopefully I’ll get it down someday! :lol:
  • TheDon2018
    TheDon2018 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So my biggest makeup challenge is probably doing a CUT crease like a proper cut crease I can do it but I still haven't found the perfect place to put my "crease" since I have lids for days so I always put it above otherwise it won't show and it won't look as nice so still experimenting which shape I love the best. Nikkietutorials is my all time fave beauty youtuber hands down.

As for my holy grails it's
    -Age rewind concealer (but I wanna get the tarte shape tape to up my game as it seems to be THE concealer)
    -Laura Mercuer tranclucent powder
    -Fenty Beauty Killawat in Mean Honey and Hustla baby :blush:
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I love makeup. I wanted to be a makeup artist for many years. I kind of just lost my passion for it though. I can’t get into the current IG, war paint, overly penciled in brows trend though.......It’s too much. I also go out in public.

I’m not a fan of contouring. I think it only looks good when it’s done professionally. I just like to put on a little bit of foundation, sweep some bronzer all over my entire face and lids, a little bit of mascara, slightly pencil in my brows and depending on my mood I will usually pair it with a dark lip. Takes me 5 mins and it looks like I actually tried lmao. This is the lipstick I am currently loving. I always get compliments when I wear it. Wet & wild megalast liquid catsuit in Goth topic. I love the entire line.

r4bik3s2dns7.jpeg

• bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    It’s like a deep brownish, merlot color.

s0pw7x9db7kb.jpeg

The older I get the more I lean towards minimal, natural makeup. Beyoncé is like the queen of natural makeup. I look to her for inspiration.
    utmom55bcujc.png
    b32bszox8fsi.png
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    mij140 wrote: »
    avzdr4ged091.jpg

I recently discovered this lip balm by Treat Beauty. It makes your lips feel incredibly soft and it smells amazing. It's huge (3x the size of a regular balm) so I don't lose it in my purse. Cheapest on Amazon. :smile:

Does it actually taste/smell like butterscotch, though? I'm a sucker for the flavor. :)
  • ZRunner5Lulaica
    ZRunner5Lulaica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Eyeliner will always be my enemy. I'm glad that the punk raccoon eyes were in-style when I started doing makeup (I rocked those smudgy rings for about 2 years in highschool). The only eyeliner I've been able to reasonably wing is a Kat Von D liner.
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Just takes some practice and lots of remover wipes lol
    You can do it
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I dunno, does nail lacquer/polish count as makeup? If so, then I have a penchant for collecting super shiny nail polish varieties. Wish it didn't take so long to set, though.. I end up fidgeting and messing up and having to redo it more often than not.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Eyeliner. Just the word makes me recoil. Last time I applied it? Many many years ago & I looked like id been punched repeatedly in both eyes, so I decided to leave it. But I'm bored with my plain eye look & have bought estee lauder double wear zero smudge liquid eyeliner & watched a few YouTube videos.

I feel empowered & am about to step back into the world of eyeliner. If that chicka in the video can apply flawless eyeliner 'wings' then so can I! Don't get me started on eye shadow, I could actually probably be quite handy on a horror film make up set cos that's the general look I'm left with after a play about with some 'pallets'.

What's your biggest challenge when it comes to make up? How do you feel about contouring ? I would love to try it out! And whats your beauty must have make up or not, I just bought kat von D everlasting lipstick and it is nice but I ate dinner & it's kinda came off quite a lot :/ hmmmmm pretty colour though.

I do winged eyeliner on most days. I have eyes that are a bit hooded so I found that the best way for me to get even wings is:

1. Apply it to my left eye first as that's the eye that's harder to do since I'm right-handed
    2. Keep my eyes open while I apply it so I can see what it will look like

I cannot close one eye or look down and do it, I'm too near-sighted and because my eyes are hooded if I manage to do it that way it looks stupid once I open my eyes.

I contour most days, but I do it lightly since I'm so fair-skinned. I look absolutely ridiculous when I do forehead contour - not to mention so many girls are far too heavy-handed for my liking and I think they look really stupid.

My must-haves are:

1. Beauty blender
    2. Moisturizer

I love your eye makeup, it's clean looking and classic. Makes me want to practice, what eyeliner do you use?
    i also really like kevyn aucoin lip color, it looks natural on but like opalescent beforehand. its like magic.

0a45bbgh2vm5.jpg
    wctuyatvmxdg.jpg

I need this...what is the colour called?
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I mastered the wing liner look before it was totally mainstream :trollface: , it's kind of like riding a bike, once you learn you never forget.

What I can't seem to get right is face makeup! I live in a small city so we don't have any high end makeup places and cheap drug store foundation and such ruins my sensitive skin. I just ordered a beauty blender and a new foundation from sephora so maybe I'll get it right this time.

I just hate the feeling of wearing makeup, and I think my boyfriend is starting to get annoyed with me asking if my face is orange every two seconds.

Also, I have no business wearing lipstick but I can't stop buying them. I don't wear them, just kind of collect them I guess.

My usual daily look is primer, a light powdered foundation, setting spray, and some mascara. Maybe some eyeliner but usually I don't care to spend the time on it.
  • Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge is brows. In the past it was lipstick and foundation. I've noticed that as I've gotten older my brows have thinned out a little. I am going to get them tinted to see how it looks, then perhaps look into finding a reputable location for micro-blading. Lipstick and foundation have never been friends of mine. Any kind I've tried have always felt heavy and cakey on my lips and skin - so, I don't wear it.

I do love gel eyeliner - that stuff is amazing! If I'm not using gel eyeliner, I'm using a pencil liner from Clinique or Urban Decay and blending out any harsh lines. I enjoy experimenting with eye shadow on the weekends. During the work week, I like to keep it neutral - Macadamia, Butterscotch and Toffee from Pure Cosmetics Nude palette have been my go to colors so far. I don't contour, I just don't see the need or the point. I'm not trying to change how I look, just enhance what I have.

Must haves: Sun Bum sunscreen in spf 30; smashbox photo finish primer in Radiance or bare Minerals prime time original primer; It Cosmetics bye bye under eye concealer (this stuff is fantastic); Bare Minerals mineral veil or Cover Girl advanced radiance pressed powder in Creamy Natural; up&up sport lip balm in spf 50; and Labotica green tea lip & eye point remover cleansing tissue (eye make-up remover pads) for end of day.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,764 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Eyebrow ladies - help me out. My eyebrows have thinned over the years, especially at the edges. They've also gotten much lighter. I've tried pencils to fill out the edges but I look like 6-year old playing with mom's makeup. What are your secret products and techniques?