Help Yourself Drink More Water!

Options
StephEx
StephEx Posts: 69 Member
So when I first started my journey 22 days ago, I was drinking maybe at the most 4 cups of water. But I found my new addiction to make sure I get at least 8 cups of water Each day or more. Its the 33.8 FL oz Smartwater. Although I refill my bottle water with tap water, because lets face it I cannot afford to buy a smartwater everyday twice a day! haha. 1 Bottle of the 33.8 fl oz is 4 cups of water, and so I make it my goal to drink at least 2 of those a day, and it works! Ive Lost 5lbs in 22 days!

So if your like how I used to be, get a 2 smartwaters, when you drink one, refill it with tap water and stick it in the fridge drink the other one, and the first one with be in there cold since you refilled it! Keep it going as a system!

Replies

• fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm training myself to do this.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I always have a water bottle with me. It's like my second purse! haha Anyway, save yourself some cash and just get a decent bottle that you can toss in the dishwasher. They make metal ones and good plastic ones. I'd say they're between $9 - $15 which I'm assuming is about 7 days worth of Smartwater bottles. :)

Congrats on meeting your goal!
  • xnissax
    xnissax Posts: 40
    Options
    I just found an app for my phone that reminds me on the hour to get a glass of water so today I've been drinking loads!
  • rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea. I kind of do something similar -- I have a 3-cup water bottle that has a filter in it. The lid has a little dial you can turn to keep track of how many bottles you've had that day. I take it to work and try to drink at least 2 bottles while I'm at work and one when I am home in the evenings. Don't have to worry about it tasting bad thanks to the built in filter.
  • Kjanthony
    Options
    i do this daily and drink 4-5 bottles of water. it helps me keep track of how much i drink. good to know someone else does this!:smile:
  • InStabilityKills
    Options
    I started this journey about 15 days ago. I keep a water bottle at work that holds about the same amount of water as the smart water bottles and in an 8hr shift I drink at least two of them. I've lost 8 pounds so far! Water becomes very addicting once you start drinking it this way.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I have a 32oz plastic container on my desk which I drink out of, I keep a 128oz jug in the fridge to refill ...
  • melsat
    melsat Posts: 14
    Options
    I do the same thing. I find it easier when you have a larger bottle of water and only have to drink two to get in your daily goal. That is what I did when I first got on here and now I find myself going over my water goal. I think you just get used to drinking it after a while. Good luck!

P.S. I LOVE Smart Water!!!!!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Good ol' tap water works too... no need to buy smart water :)
    just get some good water bottles, or any bottles that you like (I love my blue seaglass bottles) and I have about 8 blender bottles that I'm always carrying around with a protein shake or mio or crystal light naturals... Doesn't have to be expensive to be good!
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've got a water bottle from victoria's secret that holds four cups of water AND fits perfectly in the massive water bottle holder on my treadmill. I've gotten used to drinking one of those a day, and then one tall glass of water at every meal, so I get all of my 8+ cups in.
  • sunnydaiz
    Options
    GETTING MY WATER USUALLY ISN'T A PROBLEM FOR ME BECAUSE I LOVE IT, BUT IT'S ALSO THE ONLY LIQUID BESIDES MY MORNING COFFEE THAT I DRINK!!!!
  • dancer4275
    dancer4275 Posts: 149
    Options
    Hey! Actually, 8 glasses of water per day may not be necessary or good.
    It's an old Chinese medicine rule that water can be good or bad.
    Water can float the ship. or. Water can sink the ship.
    It's very different for each person.
    I drink very little water throughout the day. At night, when I have dance class for a few hours, I drink a lot of water because I'm thirsty and my mouth gets dry.
    On days that I'm not doing strenuous exercise, I don't drink that much because it makes me sick.
    Many causes of sinus/nasal congestion problems come from drinking too much water.
    We live in a world that says to drink water all the time. 8 glasses a day.
    Some may need 8 glasses of water a day. Athletes. Construction workers.
    Some may not.
    Don't listen to the general "everyone should have lots of water!"
    Listen to your body.
  • Birdwatcher777
    Options
    If there were a like button I would click on it. :o)
  • thompasarahjane
    Options
    Thanks for the tip I find it hard to remember to drink my water although i always drink about 4-6 cups of tea a day
  • jkd1214
    jkd1214 Posts: 27
    Options
    I also keep a water bottle with me. I live in JAX and the water is AWFUL!!!! I buy the True Lemon packets and add those and it helps me drink my water while at work. The calories are low and they taste great. At home I'm trying to get my fella to stop drinking soda so we buy the carbonated flavored water. They are cheap and he loves them.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Yeh I bought a pretty blue Lululemon bottle and it has words of wisdom written all over it.....kinda inspires me to drink my water lol but Im a cheapskate and use tapwater haha but its the same idea a bigger water bottle makes it easier to drink the recommened amount
  • georgiag111
    Options
    I was doing so great drinking water 10+ cups a day , before I started I wouldnt drink water just coffee and Mtn. Dew so that was a HUGE for me, Now sadly last few days I been doing bad and only averaging 4-6 cups a day if that .. MUST DRINK more water!
  • amyers35
    amyers35 Posts: 51
    Options
    That's a good idea. I kind of do something similar -- I have a 3-cup water bottle that has a filter in it. The lid has a little dial you can turn to keep track of how many bottles you've had that day. I take it to work and try to drink at least 2 bottles while I'm at work and one when I am home in the evenings. Don't have to worry about it tasting bad thanks to the built in filter.

Are you serious? that sounds so awesome!! where did you get that? i love the tracker and the filter sounds perfect
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    i have a bubba keg that i keep at my desk at work. i normally only go through one of those a day at work... sometimes i refill it, but not normally. when i get home i have a jug that holds 8 cups of water and i normally finish it before i go to bed...
  • glitzem
    glitzem Posts: 6
    Options
    I can only drink water when Im at home or work as I need the loo too often......Im trying to think that Im peeing away the fat!!!