How can I lose this stubborn thigh fat?

Options
I know that as a female it will be more difficult for me to lose my inner thigh fat, but the way it gathers by my knees is so unflattering!

Does anyone know the cause of fat collection in this area or what I can do, aside from proper nutrition of course, to improve the looks of this area? Photos are below.
I am currently losing weight and making good progress but it seems I’ve had these fat pockets my whole life which is why I must know where they come from!

https://imgur.com/a/BTpF1

Replies

• xosunny520
    xosunny520 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I know this. I am looking to understand the reasons behind fat collecting in this area & why it is so stubborn.
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Your body tends to hold onto fat closer to your core than your extremities. So as you lose weight, you face, hands, feet usually start to lose fat first, and then arms, legs, and then your core. Theres some variance from person to person, though. Some people hold onto the fat in their stomach (my problem there), others their butt, etc., and it seems your case its thigh.

But really the only way to lose that stubborn fat is to keep working on your weight loss progress. I can understand your frustration. Ive gotten so close, and yet I look in the mirror and still have a gut. So Ive still got more weight to shed.

Though honestly, from looking at your pictures, you look perfectly fine.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    Continue with your calorie deficit and incorporate some strength training if you aren't already doing some, it won't spot reduce but will help with your body composition.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    xosunny520 wrote: »
    Thanks! I know this. I am looking to understand the reasons behind fat collecting in this area & why it is so stubborn.

Genetics. Some people have chubby cheeks (fat deposits), some have saddlebag thighs, you have fat around your knees. Sadly, liposuction is probably the best option for removal as this will be the last place you'll lose weight.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    Lol, the poster above told you.....................genetics. People store fat in certain areas based on the genetics bestowed upon them by their parents. That's why it's not uncommon for females to emulate their mothers shape later in life. Same for males in many cases too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    evileen99 wrote: »

Genetics. Some people have chubby cheeks (fat deposits), some have saddlebag thighs, you have fat around your knees. Sadly, liposuction is probably the best option for removal as this will be the last place you'll lose weight.

This. If it bothers you enough, it may come down to lipo. We have the same legs. They still look like that when I'm super lean. I would need to drop down to the 10-11% BF range to get rid of it. I'm assuming you don't store your fat evenly and you have a relatively lean torso. Genetics.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Where you store fat is genetics, typically for women this is the thigh area due to biology. So you can't change how you lose fat. You can eat in a small deficit, get adequate protein, do resistance training and be patient. However there is a chance you don't have the muscle base to support lean thighs, then you will have to build muscle either by eating at maintenance or surplus. Even then, it may improve but not completely get as lean as you want them.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Why certain areas I don't know. What I do know is the last area you lose fat is also the first area to get it back.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    Why certain areas I don't know. What I do know is the last area you lose fat is also the first area to get it back.
    Google "android and gynoid fat distribution". That explains why certain areas.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    We can't spot reduce but losing weight will help as will strength/resistance training. Genetics will factor in.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    The same way you lose fat everywhere else: discipline, patience and consistency.
  • yourfitnessenemy
    yourfitnessenemy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My inner thighs are the last place to go too.