40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,669 Member
    Bailed on my bike ride yesterday (burned out and not making good decisions after a rough day), so I rode today at lunch and will do today’s scheduled yoga just before bed.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,725 Member
    czvanut wrote: »
    Ooooh Thanks! I love Jambalaya and Gumbo too!

I should add that I didn't do the slow cooker with the chowder recipe - I just made it all in a pot on the stove - cut up the raw chicken and cooked it with the veggies - took about an hour total since I just let it simmer for a while so the flavors would meld. IT was still awesome.

Yeah - I've found that either method works for most soups and chowders. The slow cooker is great for a meal that doesn't require any stirring or tending.

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,098 Member
    I had to skip my weightlifting today...too crammed at work to squish it in. tomorrow is just as bad. hope I get a thursday workout in.
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    I hear you. I managed a short walk while my laundry was going. I might do another short walk before bed but that'll be late
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    “Body Beast Build: Back & Bis”= Done!
  • __TMac__
    The kids are home for a snow day, which would typically mean a lie-in for me. But the snow and ice won’t be here until about 9am so I took the opportunity to get out while I could. Hit treadmill at the Y for 3m. Back home by 8am!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    No Hammer and Chisel today, just a 5-mile slow and easy run.
  • juanwilly
    juanwilly Posts: 100 Member
    Juanwilly
    30min@Elliptical/1m@track/weights x 2
    5.24 mi | 1:18:27 |

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Had a swim today, which was a nice change of pace. Did some warm up laps, then 5 x 50's with paddles/pull buoy, then 12x50's @ 1:20, then 12 x25 @0:40, with every 4th effort in each set done as fast as possible. After the cool down laps, the swim totaled 2250 yds.

The best thing about swimming is that there is no pounding during the workout and not soreness after, just some fatigue. :)
  • 40 years old need to lose about 100 pounds looking for great people to join my journey add me
  • gam3rguy
    "Focus T25: Core Speed"=Done!
  • AllPositive1
    AllPositive1 Posts: 33 Member
    gam3rguy wrote: »

Never got this one. I start beta next week. I'm a bit scared to be honest.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy wrote: »

Never got this one. I start beta next week. I'm a bit scared to be honest.
    Beta's not too bad. Gamma is pretty rough though. :p

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Had my "crossfit" cardio session today. Made it through it all, kicked my behind. Good workout though.

Bad leg is cranky with the booties I decided to wear, but too bad, it can just start getting over itself :|
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Hi all, the past 3 days have been brutal, with very little of anything physical on my part. I really need to snap outta that funk!
  • BettyM1017
    I almost skipped today's workout. Alarm went off, and I decided I needed a day off. Reset the alarm for 2 hours later and rolled back over to go back to sleep.

Then the other voice kicked in with all the reasons why I should be at the gym.

Got up, went to the gym.

Yup, this was this morning in a nutshell:
    mqdgtzbswz6a.jpg

Way to go! No one ever regrets the workout they do....only the one they don't do!
  • BettyM1017
    Chisel Balance today. It's an odd workout, but I like it.
  • __TMac__
    Got up stupid early to meet a deadline, and struggled with it until 2pm. Then I threw my laptop out the window (although I may have imagined that part), and went to the pool. Just me and the lifeguard. It helped. I’ll get back to work soon. But first: Coffee.