McDonalds New Big Mac Range in the UK - please help

2»

Replies

• Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Is it possible, you may find the sauce is not as exciting as it once was. For some as they change their diets their choice of foods naturally changes. If it fits into your day or week do as you wish.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    The more you think about it the worse the craving will get, do it and get it out of your system, I have McYucks from time to time without spoiling my plan as I just count it in or adjust the day before and after.
    Let us know how it was lol
  • Jasp03
    Jasp03 Posts: 54 Member
    Just like many others have said, I think if you really have that craving and need to get it out of your system, just do it, but do it smartly. Maybe leave out the fries and the soda so it won't be as bad. Usually over thinking it is where the problems start happening.

Now if you're trying to follow your macros to a T (not just calorie counting), then maybe it's not a good decision to make.
  • ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    It's just a big mac, only bigger. Is it really so tempting?
  • an0nemus
    an0nemus Posts: 149 Member
    Anyone else getting flashbacks of the "Royale with Cheese"?
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Enjoy one every now and then. Just budget into your daily calories. Taking away foods you like make you fail in the long run. You should view Myfitnesspal as a tool to relearn how to eat food again. Take away bad habits and be able to make a judgement on how much you should eat on a daily basis mentally to be able to maintain in the future.
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    If that's what you want, just make sure it fits into your daily calorie goals. I eat fast food and takeout pretty frequently and I've lost 40lbs. in 9 months. I prelog everything and have the greatest success when I save my biggest meal for dinner. No foods are off limits to me. I would never succeed otherwise because I would get sick of limiting my diet. Last night I had a regular big mac, a side salad, and medium fries and I woke up lighter than I did yesterday because I didn't go over my deficit.
  • nicoleawalton
    nicoleawalton Posts: 3 Member
    If that's what you want, just make sure it fits into your daily calorie goals. I eat fast food and takeout pretty frequently and I've lost 40lbs. in 9 months. I prelog everything and have the greatest success when I save my biggest meal for dinner. No foods are off limits to me. I would never succeed otherwise because I would get sick of limiting my diet. Last night I had a regular big mac, a side salad, and medium fries and I woke up lighter than I did yesterday because I didn't go over my deficit.

Thank you for sharing your experience @DomesticKat and others. I feel the same. I can't limit myself or I would easily break. I have a long journey to my goal weight so I really think I need to be able to work it in to my calories every now and then. I still haven't had it yet. I'm still considering it for the weekend. I've worked it into my daily calories and its completely achievable. However I might still go with the smaller option. I might not even have it at all! I don't feel like I neeeed it now, I just kind of want it! I will let you all know what I do!