Nutella

Options
13»

Replies

• ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    While Nutella isn't necessarily a "bad" food, it certainly isn't something I would purposefully incorporate into my diet for its health benefits. It is high in sugar and calorie dense, and there are certainly better options.

But I'm not a fan of the taste anyway. On the other hand, a jar of Le Pain Quotidien's "Brunette" hazelnut praline spread is not safe in my house.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Not nutella, but cookie butter cannot cross my threshold. I had it with almost every meal and did not fit into my goals lol. It's so good! I just can't moderate!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I love Nutella but its calorie dense so I use it sparingly.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Not nutella, but cookie butter cannot cross my threshold. I had it with almost every meal and did not fit into my goals lol. It's so good! I just can't moderate!

someone had this stuff at work- I also don't get the obsession with this. I'd rather you know- have cookie dough.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'm completely addicted to Speckuloos. It's high sugar, high cal, but I still have some when I want. Just use Nutella in moderation, there's nothing wrong with it.
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    If it fits into calorie goals then why not? I love the stuff but don’t have it often as it’s so moreish.

Worst thing about it is the palm oil content and the associated deforestation of the worlds rainforests.
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Nutella is the food of the gods. I would smear Nutella all over my body so I could absorb it into my pores, if that were possible.

Because of this, I refuse to have it in my house, or even come near it at the grocery store.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

someone had this stuff at work- I also don't get the obsession with this. I'd rather you know- have cookie dough.

It's like convincing yourself you're eating spreadable cookie dough...... but I'd take both
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    While it's delicious, and fine in moderation, I certainly wouldn't label it a "health food."
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Nutella is safe. I do NOT have Nutella in my house because I cannot control my binge eating with it. That is to say, I promise myself scads of impossible cardio exercise later for a jar of Nutella and my crackers today.

You are my best friend for loving Nutella, but crackers? Specifically which cracker? Must be a butter cracker cause anything else would be super weird.

Me? I'm good eating it by the spoonful. And that's why I don't buy it.

When he first said it, I thought Ritz or Townhouse.

Now that you've questioned it, I'm thinking shrimp crackers. Yikes.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    A healthy diet is balanced and varied. No foods are in themselves healthy or unhealthy, it's all about dosage and frequency. Healthy eating is a healthy diet, paired with self-trust and a relaxed attitude towards food. Demonizing foods, food groups and nutrients is the opposite of a healthy attitude to food. Neutral information and critical thinking is invaluable in order to have a healthy relationship with food these days.

^ THIS X infinity
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Nutello is basically a chocolate spread! However, if it fits into her calories for the day it's fine. I occasionally have it on toast for breakfast.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

It's like convincing yourself you're eating spreadable cookie dough...... but I'd take both

but- it tastes NOTHING like cookie dough?

That's why I don't get it- maybe the one we had was weird- it was cookies and cream and it had a questionable "crunch" in it and then a vanilla part- and a chocolate part- and yeah- just... bleck.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I've never had cookie butter. I could live without nutella. Cereal, on the other hand. I would like to eat all of the cereal.
  • Jadu786
    Jadu786 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion guys!
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I want to live in a world where Nutella is seriously considered a health foid.