The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• franklin5280
    franklin5280 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Guess I’m eligible for a couple more years. Please, add me but no soliciting. Lost 145 lbs so far, less than 100 to go! Made lots of mistakes along they Journey.
  • Armymedic2018
    Armymedic2018 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Been here many times before, under many guises. Got a new job, but office based and can feel the weight going back on. So lm back. Based in the UK
  • TheNeener81
    TheNeener81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am eating low carb high protein but found myself struggling to get enough calories in so i started eating more fatty foods but then my sodium and cholesterol jumped up. Is there a happy medium here?
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I also found that. I have been trying to eat low carb and low fat. The higher carb veg like carrots, pumpkin and onions tend to tip me over the carb scale but it is not bread or donuts so I console myself with that
  • gemmademelza
    gemmademelza Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40. Looking for similar friends to support or motivate each other. Over the last year I've put on a stone and a half (!) and I was half a stone overweight to start with. I now find myself at the point where I need to lose 3 whole stone to be safely within my BMI bracket!! Anyway this is day one and it's not about where I've come from it's about where I'm going to or something along those lines. I've no real idea how you get friends on this site or how it works but hope to find out!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    @gemmademelza I'll add you for a start. By the way there would be many people on this site who don't know what a Stone us, so may be a good idea to convert your weights to lbs as well. As in you just gained 21 lbs more, and actually need to lose 42 lbs overall.
  • SunnyCyclist77
    SunnyCyclist77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 in December and think I might have hit the 'mid-life crisis' because all I seem to do at the moment is obsess over exercise and my diet. I mustn't complain though, I'm much fitter and have been losing weight and I think this is preferable to growing a pony tail and wearing horrible shirts because I think they look 'cool'.

Feel free to add me, I'm looking for friends to share my journey with on here.
  • JimmyC1992
    JimmyC1992 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    I’ll be getting closer to middle aged when I turn 48 this summer so feel free to add me
  • Sasha24201
    Sasha24201 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 and this is the first time i've thought of myself as "middle aged". Ugggggh.
  • Versicolour
    Options
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    How come so many of you don’t have your profiles filled out?

I don't know what more to add
  • TX_Sheepdog
    TX_Sheepdog Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    How come so many of you don’t have your profiles filled out?

we are old and very forgetful, lol
  • TFBurke
    TFBurke Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi all! In my 50s and took up fencing. Looking to get in my best shape. Feel free to add me.
  • fhorn
    fhorn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You know 40 didn't bother me at all. I mean you can still be a pro athlete at age 40 So it can't be that old right. I turn 45 this year and it's really getting to me. I do plan on living to be a 100 years old so technically I'm not middle aged yet. ;)
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Welcome everyone!!!!! Happy Fit Thursday :):):)
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone!!!!! Happy Fit Thursday :):):)

and to you as well Nichole.
  • realtreeman
    realtreeman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all, feel free to add me, could use the support.
  • Tedo201
    Tedo201 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Age is just a number ;)
  • Versicolour
    Options
    Tedo201 wrote: »
    Age is just a number ;)

That it is. A number I often forget. But then I have been forgetting the specific number attached to me since I was mid 20's
  • DJtobias13
    DJtobias13 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    @TheNeener81 There's nothing wrong with carbs, what you have to watch is the type of carbs you're putting in your body. Any diets that restrict too much of one thing are hard to sustain, so try dropping the protein and fat down a little bit and add more whole grains, veggies, and fruit.