The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• MsIrvine
    MsIrvine Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi All :-) I am 47 and I am not new but I am starting over :-) about two years ago I lost 45 pounds using this app and I gained 47 back :-( It has been over a year so I am going to try this again. Pray for me ;-) I have 100 pounds to lose. Add me if you would like I need all the accountability I can get! Thanks!
  • Sharon909
    Sharon909 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    45 yrs and starting to feel like it. Add me!
  • WolfDenOne
    WolfDenOne Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    I like the idea for this group. Joined MFP about 5 years ago, made great gains, met the love of my life. We got together and then slacked off, so we're back!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Sharon909 wrote: »
    45 yrs and starting to feel like it. Add me!

Hmm, try putting the 5 at the beginning instead of the end, then let know how you start to feel. :)
  • TripleSnake
    TripleSnake Posts: 77 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    35 for next 5+ months (though already had some crisis after 35th birthday, hopefully the last one). Going for 100-120 lbs journey, 20 is already off when I cut off carbs (after lots of unsuccessful tries to loose weight in other ways in last 10 years, including sport)! Feel free to add me.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'll be 39 in a couple of months (4 months and a few weeks, not that I'm counting). I could use new friends!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    52, here, and back after losing just shy of 50# in 2013/14 and putting half of it back on in 2016/17. Have another 20 to go, but having done this before, I do know that it is do-able.
  • Secretnotes
    Secretnotes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    58, so I can belong for a couple years, right? I need to drop about 15 pounds to get back to a healthier weight. I can use a support network! Then I guess I'll have to move to the finely-aged over 60s group.
  • alhebert1979
    alhebert1979 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    38 here. Dang, guess I'm middle age now.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    dnm1207 wrote: »
    I can't decide if I'm middle aged or if I'm old. Not sure if I'm in the right place or not.

my dilemma exactly. :/
  • TonyB0588
    Options
    dnm1207 wrote: »
    I can't decide if I'm middle aged or if I'm old. Not sure if I'm in the right place or not.

Depends how old you are? The title says Upper 30s, 40s, and 50ish.
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I did not consider myself middle-aged in my 30's....but now that I'm knocking on 50....I must accept it.
  • trains72
    trains72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Been on and off My Fitness Pal a few times. Started back again hard core ready to lose this last 15lbs of my mommy tummy. Great to see a spot for people my age. I will be 46 in June and wanting to hit my goal before my birthday. Been working out 5-6 days a week for an hour to an hour and a half. When will it start melting away?
  • trains72
    trains72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    And feel free to add me....to motivate and help me through this journey.
  • richardthrift71
    richardthrift71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    On the wrong side of 40 but fighting the middle age spread hard. More active than I've been in years and slowly losing the weight
  • TonyB0588
    Options
    trains72 wrote: »
    And feel free to add me....to motivate and help me through this journey.

Okay. Will do.
  • stephaniesarty
    stephaniesarty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    32 need some friendly motivation!! Add me:)
  • detra78
    detra78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 39 years old, and I really want to work on getting healthier. Nice to meet everyone.
  • stacerracer
    stacerracer Posts: 77 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Turning 34 tomorrow!!!! Im gettin to the upper 30s!! Feel free to add me!