GhOst StorIes....

Options

Replies

• HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I personally have never experienced seeing a ghost but my daughter always has had different encounters per say.

I can recall her being as small as two years old and she would follow with her eyes different things around the room and point at them. None of us could ever figure out what she was pointing or smiling at and it continued on for many years of her young childhood.

When she became a teen, she always has dreams about talking to people in our family that have passed away. She explains them in such great vivid detail you get goosebumps on your arms and tells us what they have said in words that you can't even imagine where she would have gotten them from.

When her and I are travelling in the car together at night, we are always putting out at least three or four streetlights. Some people say its fluke but it never happens unless we are together!

i too have dreams about deceased family members all the time. they are always happy and "light" usually telling me they love and miss me or to tell another family member something. isnt that sooo strange? these dreams are VERY real. you wake up and feel as though you really visited these people. in my dreams we both know they are "dead" too. i believe your daughter. theres more to this life than just this.

Sounds to me like you are a medium of sorts. Or you are more open to seeing things that normal people do not.

I absolutley believe. I think proof is in EVPS, EMFS, the spiritbox, etc...
    spirit box!!! thats what i was trying to think of earlier! i agree with you. as for being a medium or somethign like that...im not sure. ive had random people who i later found out were psychic tell me that i have a gift. to me....thats what i would call it. it happens when it happens and usually never when i ask for it. as a child before i even knew what a ghost was i saw a shadow in my doorway...several times. these things have always just been with me i guess. some times my mom looks at me like im nuts and other times shes completely amazed by something that i know.
  • HoLLyZ82
    Options
    Another note, every since I was younger, I have always been very sensetive to the other side, or the demon world if you will.

Many times when I was little I would wake up in the middle of the night and play with children in my room - They were black figures/shadows. They would be playing around my dresser then I would wake up, see them, play, go to the bathroom and when I would be back in my room they would be gone.

I also get a 6th sense for people who seem to almost be posessed - not like the exorcist, but almost soulless. Its hard to explain.

Just the last part about where you have a 6th sense for people who are soulless. That is creepy. I believe it too. :)

It is very crrepy. There will be times when I will accidently lock eyes with someone..and it is almost like they ave black eyes..it is so so weird, and I get the chills. Every hair on my arm goes up. My mother has this same 6th sense. Maybe it is that "womens gut feeling" but I feel like it is something waaayy more than that.
    '
    jenna, have you ever gone to see a psychic or anything? im wondering if they woudl pick up on this 6th sense type of thing you have. im always so interested in this stuff so i think it would be awesome just to get some verification... if it were me :) i believe you though. so many people are actually gifted but just pass it off as nothing or dont even realize it.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Another note, every since I was younger, I have always been very sensetive to the other side, or the demon world if you will.

Many times when I was little I would wake up in the middle of the night and play with children in my room - They were black figures/shadows. They would be playing around my dresser then I would wake up, see them, play, go to the bathroom and when I would be back in my room they would be gone.

I also get a 6th sense for people who seem to almost be posessed - not like the exorcist, but almost soulless. Its hard to explain.

Just the last part about where you have a 6th sense for people who are soulless. That is creepy. I believe it too. :)

It is very crrepy. There will be times when I will accidently lock eyes with someone..and it is almost like they ave black eyes..it is so so weird, and I get the chills. Every hair on my arm goes up. My mother has this same 6th sense. Maybe it is that "womens gut feeling" but I feel like it is something waaayy more than that.

Yeah and I believe that people who worship the devil or provoke him often can get possessed. Maybe not in the way that we see in the movies but yes I think they can.
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options

That's really cool/creepy! Does that happen a lot or just occasionally?
  • FaeryBaby
    FaeryBaby Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I totally believe in ghosts/spirits! I don't have a lot of ghost stories, but there have been a few minor things that have happened to me that make me a believer.

There's two that I can remember that have to deal with animals...one time, my sister and I were sitting on the couch, and we heard our dog (a cocker spaniel) come running down the stairs and slide across the hall in the kitchen before seeing her run past the wall and down the basement stairs. She ran so fast she was like a blur, and she's never like that, so my sister and I both looked at the basement door and said "Pidgeon, what are you doing?" Then we heard her whine from beside the couch. She had been laying in her crate the whole time.

Another time was shortly after we had to put down our dog, Jack (he was 17 and had cancer). Not long before we put him down, my mom bought a bulldog puppy named Stubby. Jack *hated* Stubby...Stubbs couldn't walk past Jack without him yelping like he'd been attacked. Anyway, Jack always had his spot behind the couch under a lamp where he used to lie, and about a week after we put him down, Stubby walked past that spot and I heard Jack yelp, and for a split second, I could see him in his spot. Even Stubby stopped and stared at the back of the couch.

As for non-animal related stuff, back when I was in high school, there was one time I was up really late (4 am or something) telling ghost stories on the computer when all of a sudden, I heard this voice in my ear yell "that's enough!" and my right arm got yanked back. I couldn't move it at all until I stood up and walked away from the computer desk!

Then, when I was 20 and moved into my apartment, my first night there, my boyfriend and I were about to go to bed when I felt someone watching us (creepy kind, not the nice ones) and could see weird shadows in the corner by the closet. I told my boyfriend, who didn't believe in ghosts at all, but he said he could feel it too. He went into the bedroom and got his katana (yeah, he had a sword...he thought he was tough lol) and stood in the middle of the living room and said "I don't care who you are, but get the **** out of our apartment". Right away, the shadow moved across the living room, out the door and jumped off the balcony. Haven't had any creepy feelings here since
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Ok I have another one my coworker told me happened to his friend. Her, her husband and her child lived in an older townhome, the first thing that she noticed was she would hear footsteps upstairs as if someone was walking from the bedroom to the bathroom and back. The really freaky thing is she was vacuuming upstairs one day and all of a sudden the vacuum turned off. She looked down the hall and it had been unplugged, so she plugged it back in and went back to vacuuming and it happened again, so she plugged it back in, this time when it was unplugged she looked down the hall real quick and she saw a gray cloudy figure of a man coming up from the plug, he looked at hear and was covering his ears....then he dissipated in a grayish cloud. A little while after that they moved and when they were all packed up and getting ready to drive away she looked in the rearview mirror and saw every light in the house come on and then turn off and she left. Oh yeah supposedly there was an older man that lived there before and he was ill and died in the upstairs bedroom, maybe he was walking to the bathroom for medicine......OoOoooO
  • HoLLyZ82
    Options
    I totally believe in ghosts/spirits! I don't have a lot of ghost stories, but there have been a few minor things that have happened to me that make me a believer.

There's two that I can remember that have to deal with animals...one time, my sister and I were sitting on the couch, and we heard our dog (a cocker spaniel) come running down the stairs and slide across the hall in the kitchen before seeing her run past the wall and down the basement stairs. She ran so fast she was like a blur, and she's never like that, so my sister and I both looked at the basement door and said "Pidgeon, what are you doing?" Then we heard her whine from beside the couch. She had been laying in her crate the whole time.

Another time was shortly after we had to put down our dog, Jack (he was 17 and had cancer). Not long before we put him down, my mom bought a bulldog puppy named Stubby. Jack *hated* Stubby...Stubbs couldn't walk past Jack without him yelping like he'd been attacked. Anyway, Jack always had his spot behind the couch under a lamp where he used to lie, and about a week after we put him down, Stubby walked past that spot and I heard Jack yelp, and for a split second, I could see him in his spot. Even Stubby stopped and stared at the back of the couch.

As for non-animal related stuff, back when I was in high school, there was one time I was up really late (4 am or something) telling ghost stories on the computer when all of a sudden, I heard this voice in my ear yell "that's enough!" and my right arm got yanked back. I couldn't move it at all until I stood up and walked away from the computer desk!

Then, when I was 20 and moved into my apartment, my first night there, my boyfriend and I were about to go to bed when I felt someone watching us (creepy kind, not the nice ones) and could see weird shadows in the corner by the closet. I told my boyfriend, who didn't believe in ghosts at all, but he said he could feel it too. He went into the bedroom and got his katana (yeah, he had a sword...he thought he was tough lol) and stood in the middle of the living room and said "I don't care who you are, but get the **** out of our apartment". Right away, the shadow moved across the living room, out the door and jumped off the balcony. Haven't had any creepy feelings here since
    yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes!
  • HoLLyZ82
    Options
    Ok I have another one my coworker told me happened to his friend. Her, her husband and her child lived in an older townhome, the first thing that she noticed was she would hear footsteps upstairs as if someone was walking from the bedroom to the bathroom and back. The really freaky thing is she was vacuuming upstairs one day and all of a sudden the vacuum turned off. She looked down the hall and it had been unplugged, so she plugged it back in and went back to vacuuming and it happened again, so she plugged it back in, this time when it was unplugged she looked down the hall real quick and she saw a gray cloudy figure of a man coming up from the plug, he looked at hear and was covering his ears....then he dissipated in a grayish cloud. A little while after that they moved and when they were all packed up and getting ready to drive away she looked in the rearview mirror and saw every light in the house come on and then turn off and she left.

that is nuts. i think i wouldve **** my pants on that one lol. i LOVE all these stories so much. death is just a part of life...its NOT the end just a new beginning :)
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm loving these ghost stories!

I've had several experiences in my life, and it's the one reason that I'm not atheist! I know that there is something after death, but I'm not sure what.

Anyway, one of my stories- This one is not so extreme, but was kind of freaky.

I was taking a bath, and I heard a banging sound right outside of the bathroom. (I was home alone)

I jumped out of the tub and opened the bathroom door (not the smartest move, I guess, since it could have been an intruder I suppose...) and one of the pictures that hangs on the wall in the hallway was in the middle of the living room floor. It was as if someone had thrown it, since where it hangs and where it landed was about 10 feet apart. I searched the house, and I was still alone... or was I? ;-)
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is really a "ghost story" and I have always been very much the skeptic. However, I have a dolphin snowglobe (no snow inside, just blue water) that would play music and light up when you turned the dial. I was planning a dolphin themed nursery for my first baby and that snowglobe was given to me as a gift. The excitement of preparing for a baby was replaced with devastation as my little girl was stillborn. I put the snowglobe on a dresser in my bedroom. At night, (at the exact time she was born) this snowglobe would light up blue so brightly that it woke me and my husband up. It didnt play music on its own, just the light.

The first time, I thought it was a coincidence and had to cry myself to sleep again as I looked at the alarm clock on the nightstand and saw "the time" glaring at me in red numbers. It did this every single night for a month. We were always awakened by the bright blue light and it was always the exact time she was born. That was six years ago and it has never lit up on its own since, just for the month after she passed.

I was in a really bad place at the time, completely consumed by grief. Eventually, that blue light became a source of comfort for me as I felt it was her way of telling me that she was never really gone, just watching over us.
  • HoLLyZ82
    Options
    Not sure if this is really a "ghost story" and I have always been very much the skeptic. However, I have a dolphin snowglobe (no snow inside, just blue water) that would play music and light up when you turned the dial. I was planning a dolphin themed nursery for my first baby and that snowglobe was given to me as a gift. The excitement of preparing for a baby was replaced with devastation as my little girl was stillborn. I put the snowglobe on a dresser in my bedroom. At night, (at the exact time she was born) this snowglobe would light up blue so brightly that it woke me and my husband up. It didnt play music on its own, just the light.

The first time, I thought it was a coincidence and had to cry myself to sleep again as I looked at the alarm clock on the nightstand and saw "the time" glaring at me in red numbers. It did this every single night for a month. We were always awakened by the bright blue light and it was always the exact time she was born. That was six years ago and it has never lit up on its own since, just for the month after she passed.

I was in a really bad place at the time, completely consumed by grief. Eventually, that blue light became a source of comfort for me as I felt it was her way of telling me that she was never really gone, just watching over us.
    WOW that is amazing. I definitely think it was her trying to get your attention. amazing how things like this happen...especially during the griefing period. Im so sorry you had to go through something like this but what a miracle to show you that there is something beyond this.
  • dirtyblue
    Options
    I love all these stories. Never was really a big believer, until my husband passed 10 years ago and I had some very vivid experiences around the time of his death.

But jump back 10 years before that. We were caretakers of a house built in 1785. I grew up around the house and there were always stories of it being haunted. My husband had left for work, he worked 3rd shift, one night. I was standing in the kitchen, noone else was in the house. I had my back to the room doing dishes. I suddenly felt like something passed right behind me, like I caught it out of the corner of my eye and it got really cold.

I would also have to be up in the main part of the house many times all by myself to clean it. I would just talk away, telling whoever was there that I was there to take care of their house. That I really loved it and I was just there to make sure it was well taken care of. I sort of felt like I was welcomed in their rooms.

So jump to the time around my husband's death. His death was very unexpected. I was staying at my parent's house and I woke up in the middle of the night sobbing so I went downstairs so I wouldn't wake everyone else up. I was just sitting on the couch all balled up crying and I started to talk to my husband just telling him that I needed him to help me. I couldn't do this without him, then all of a sudden I felt a totally warm hug just encompass me. I immediately stopped crying, like someone just shut off the switch.

When I finally went home after his death, I could feel him in the house. He was definetly there with us. My girfriend stopped over one day, she is very intune, as she walked through the front door, she stopped. She then got a big smile on her face and told me my husband had just given her a hug. Something he would do to everyone who came in our home. I told her yes, I knew he was still there. Then one day the girl next door told me she was over our house and she saw him walk up the basement stairs, without anyone else telling her we knew he was there. And then one day I knew he was no longer there. He had moved on.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I love all these stories. Never was really a big believer, until my husband passed 10 years ago and I had some very vivid experiences around the time of his death.

But jump back 10 years before that. We were caretakers of a house built in 1785. I grew up around the house and there were always stories of it being haunted. My husband had left for work, he worked 3rd shift, one night. I was standing in the kitchen, noone else was in the house. I had my back to the room doing dishes. I suddenly felt like something passed right behind me, like I caught it out of the corner of my eye and it got really cold.

I would also have to be up in the main part of the house many times all by myself to clean it. I would just talk away, telling whoever was there that I was there to take care of their house. That I really loved it and I was just there to make sure it was well taken care of. I sort of felt like I was welcomed in their rooms.

So jump to the time around my husband's death. His death was very unexpected. I was staying at my parent's house and I woke up in the middle of the night sobbing so I went downstairs so I wouldn't wake everyone else up. I was just sitting on the couch all balled up crying and I started to talk to my husband just telling him that I needed him to help me. I couldn't do this without him, then all of a sudden I felt a totally warm hug just encompass me. I immediately stopped crying, like someone just shut off the switch.

When I finally went home after his death, I could feel him in the house. He was definetly there with us. My girfriend stopped over one day, she is very intune, as she walked through the front door, she stopped. She then got a big smile on her face and told me my husband had just given her a hug. Something he would do to everyone who came in our home. I told her yes, I knew he was still there. Then one day the girl next door told me she was over our house and she saw him walk up the basement stairs, without anyone else telling her we knew he was there. And then one day I knew he was no longer there. He had moved on.

I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful story.

I too have experienced one of those hugs during a time of grief and when feeling hopeless. Nothing can convince me that our God is not great and our loved ones do not watch over us after experiencing that.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else smell flowers when a loved one comes to visit?

This used to happen to me a lot as a child but not so much as I got older. I would smell overwhelming flower fragrances when I was thinking about a family member that had passed and there would be no possible source for the flowers.

Then in highschool my Uncle passed away and I would smell flowers for a few weeks after his passing. At random times and in random places (one time driving down the road with the windows up and no flowers anywhere close by on the roads) One day I saw my dad just stop and inhale deeply and get this look calm look on his face. I asked him if he was smelling flowers and he said yes. I couldn't smell them but he said it was an overpowering smell of roses and lavender. I thought it was neat that it was very specific to the person, those flowers were meant for him at that time.
  • Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    Love these stories!! :heart:
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Okay I myself have not seen anything paranormal awake but I have had a dream here or there. About 10yrs ago my husbands uncle (who was only about maybe 5yrs older than hubby and very close to him) was murdered in a drive by. After his murder his girlfriend of over 5yrs did something very foolish and stupid which Im not going to get into.

However, about 1yr or 2 after he passed I had a dream. In my dream I was in my house and for some wierd reason the diseased's girlfriend was living with us. Strange stuff would happen in the house like it was haunted especially in the girlfriends room. I ran out at one point and ended up at a store where I met one of my brother inlaws. I asked him if he would drive me to my moms house but I need to go to my house to pick up somethings. When I got to my house I had my oldest son with me and I told him to go to the basement and his room to gather up some clothes since we were going to stay at my moms (Im not sure where hubby was throughout this dream he never apeared) well as my son was about to walk into his room he turned towards the middle of the dinning room and asked me do you see it. Which I replied yes. It was hubbys uncle!! I was really scared in my dream but as he approached me and sat next to me in the couch (where I was sitting) I was not scared anymore the fear diminished. I asked why he was scaring us and he said it was not us it was her (his ex) he wanted her out. (never found out what he meant by that) After that he said "never forget me" at this point I held his hand and I replied "We wont".

Dam I still get goose bumps remembering this dream. As soon as I woke up I turned to my husband woke him up and said to him " carlos said not to forget him" at this point half awake he replied "what?" I told him my dream and he said I gotta go visit his grave his birthday is coming up. That was a tad bit creepy to me but it felt nice that he came to me to tell his family his message!
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    strange lady lives around the corner from where i grew up. one day she's backing her car out of the driveway and hits her 3 year old son. he dies. terrible tragedy.

a few years later a young couple and their 3 year old son move into the house. my mom is going around collecting donations for the heart and stroke foundation and talks to you young woman. she asks my mom if she knew who lived in the house previously. my mom tells her the story about the lady and her son
    the young woman's face turns very pale

she tells my mom that one night a few weeks before in the middle of the night her son was crying and woke her up. she went out into the hallway and saw him standing there crying out for her. she's wondering how he got out of his room. she calls him over but he just stands there. she walks over to pick him up and he disappears. she goes into his room and he's sound asleep.

a few months later my mom was out for a walk and stopped in to see how the couple was going. the young woman said that their cupboards and doors will open and shut randomly. small objects get moved around but it wasn't a violent spirit/ghost and they had just learned to live with it.
  • HoLLyZ82
    Options
    strange lady lives around the corner from where i grew up. one day she's backing her car out of the driveway and hits her 3 year old son. he dies. terrible tragedy.

a few years later a young couple and their 3 year old son move into the house. my mom is going around collecting donations for the heart and stroke foundation and talks to you young woman. she asks my mom if she knew who lived in the house previously. my mom tells her the story about the lady and her son
    the young woman's face turns very pale

she tells my mom that one night a few weeks before in the middle of the night her son was crying and woke her up. she went out into the hallway and saw him standing there crying out for her. she's wondering how he got out of his room. she calls him over but he just stands there. she walks over to pick him up and he disappears. she goes into his room and he's sound asleep.

a few months later my mom was out for a walk and stopped in to see how the couple was going. the young woman said that their cupboards and doors will open and shut randomly. small objects get moved around but it wasn't a violent spirit/ghost and they had just learned to live with it.

that is super creeeeeeepy but seems like a typical "haunt". boys of the same age and such. yikes amundo.
  • VELVET2688
    Options
    i have tons of ghost stories. It has been happening to me since I was 18, now I'm over 50. After all these years I finally figured out how to make them go away and leave me alone. My husband and I were in bed one night, and I could hear plain as day, a lot of voices. It was like I was in a large crowd, and there was an old time radio playing...so I was tapping my feet to the music. I was trying to tune into one conversation to see what they were talking about....when all of a sudden my husband asked me if I had left the tv on down stairs ( I thought I was the only one that could hear all the noise)...I said no, I had checked earlier...he too could hear the voices, and music. This happend many nights. I thought by moving to a new house it would quit, but it had not. There were many times, I'd lay my keys on a table, and I'd come back into the room 10 minutes later and the keys would be laying some where else... they seem to come and go. I caould always tell when they were coming,,,my dog would be anxious and throw up. the way I finally got the Spirits to leave me alone...I dawned on me one day..it just hit me like a brick...to ask GOD to make them go away. I did that 2 years ago..and have not heard or seen them since...and I'm telling you I have stories that would curl your toes, on things that use to happen. So , I'm now ghost \ Spirit free.
  • treeman821
    Options
    I was visiting my grandmothers house when I was around 5-6, my grandmother was cooking dinner facing the stove the door was directly behind her so she couldn't see anybody walking in the house. It was around 5:00 and that was the time my aunt came home every weekday,my aunts room was right near the door so it was normal for her too walk in the house and go directly too her room and change or do whatever she did when she got home from work. I was coloring on the kitchen table so I was occupied. We heard my aunt walk in the door she said hi too both of us,my grandmother was having a conversion with her talking about her day and what was going on that night as they normally do everyday. My grandmother was stirring something and she was glued too that stove. My aunt even asked how school was and I told her it was good and she asked me if I wanted too help her clean her fishtank in a little while. She knew I loved the fishtank and always asked me too help. I remember the phone was old and it was one that was hanging on the wall and it was probably 5-6 feet off the ground so I couldn't reach it., as I recall the phone started ringing & ringing, my grandmother was asking my aunt if she could answer the phone but my aunt didn't respond. Finally my grandmother put the wooden spoon down so she could answer the phone.... It was my aunt telling my grandmother she was gonna be late. It's something ill never forget or will ever be able too explain, my grandmother looked in my aunts room after the phone call and it was untouched and looked outside and her car wasn't there.. pretty tramatizing for a young kid.. today my grandmother is 85, and we still remember that cold winter day., there is plenty of stories that happened after that and there plenty before that. The house was haunted and our family knew it but he never hurt or harmed anybody.. till this day he is still there. People who don't believe that's fine but there is no doubt in my mind