Juicing yes or no

Options
13»

Replies

• WilsonAndrewN
    WilsonAndrewN Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    smoothies rather then juices. fuller and tastier.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    kazgorat1 wrote: »
    jbrown2339 wrote: »
    kazgorat1 wrote: »
    Why not blend? I do smoothies with fruit and veggies and use vanilla yogurt or almond milk....they taste good but I keep the fiber. Juicing seems wasteful given the loss of that fiber.

When I have a protein shake, I usually blend in a banana. What veggies do you use? Any thoughts on what would go good with a banana and vanilla protein powder?

Kale or spinach work,they impact the color but not taste depending on how much ya add.

I have often thought of using spinich. Do you use raw leaves, frozen, or canned?

Fresh. I use 60 g of kale and / or swiss chard per smoothie; spinach is milder.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    Why not blend? I do smoothies with fruit and veggies and use vanilla yogurt or almond milk....they taste good but I keep the fiber. Juicing seems wasteful given the loss of that fiber.

Ya, I've juiced in the past but:

1. Hated throwing away the fiber
    2. Got headaches
    3. Was not the least bit satiated

Now I make smoothies which have a good mix of protein, fat, and fiber, and keep me full for hours.
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I would never consider a juice fast, however I love a good carrot, veggie juice. I just love the taste and enjoy one almost every day. I also eat plenty of veggies too, along with a varied mix of protein, fats and carbs. Eat what you like, log it all, drink water and it will happen without a jump-start. Good luck.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You asked for an unequivocal answer so mine is a “no”. It is incomplete, unnecessary and still easy to go over on calories.

As a replacement fill up your daily prep containers with the combined fruits and vegetables you would have juiced that day. Masticate them the old fashioned way. Supplement with a protein source every day like a couple boiled eggs, Greek Yogurt, a couple cheese slices, a chicken breast, steak or salmon steak.
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your insight. I think i will continue to eat healthy and replace my coffee with creamer and artificial sweetener with a glass of fresh juiced vegetable. :)

I still think you would be better off with something in the blender vs. juicing, but do what makes you happy. Maybe try both ways and see what works best.
  • Laruto
    Laruto Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm considering a juice fast to jump start my weight loss efforts. Your opinion would be appreciated!

It worked for me! I prepped by eating veg a week before but only made it 3 days juicing. After however, I felt so wonderful I made one small lifestyle change at a time that all stuck and slowly over past 2 years am down 20kg! It really changed my mind frame and I took a hard look at my lifestyle and wanted to do better for myself and feel strong and healthy. One day at a time, one workout at a time, one meal at a time and NO negative self talk - shut that bullying voice up in your head and say something nice to yourself immediately! Best of luck on your lifelong journey!