What the flip up with my SCALE!!

Options
So this Sunday I had a major weight loss victory. I have lost 25 pounds since I started in December. I was 340 pounds which is the largest I have ever been in my life. Today I am 315. Although I am happy with my weight loss, the scale refuses to move! I weigh myself every day after work so that I can see how much water weight that accumulated throughout the day. EVERY DAY THIS WEEK MY WEIGHT FLUCTUATES TO 318! And then when I work out and go to sleep and weigh myself again in the morning it goes back down to 315 or 316! What is the problem!? I assume that it is the scale I was using is that each time I get on it, the numbers jump or it changes to different metric units.
I purchased a new scale from Amazon, and it will be here by Saturday. I will then compare the scales to see which one is most accurate.
I burn over 3,000 calories a day, work out five times a WEEK for 30 mins, and eat below or right at my calorie intake.

Today for lunch I had a
Turkey Sandwich on wheat bread, slice cheese, and mustard
Yogurt
and half of banana

Breakfast
oatmeal
half of banana

Dinner
Peanut butter and banana
( I do not be hungry when I leave work)

I am a teacher, and my students eat snack before they leave, and I also ate some of those peanut butter snack cookies(only 3)

So what is the big deal with the scale! I am going to give up RIGHT THIS INSTANCE. I was literally CURSING MY SCALE OUT AND BEATING IT.

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Are you worried because you weigh more in the evening than the morning or because you've held steady at 315/316 each morning for a few days? Either way, it's probably not your scale, and it's definitely not anything to worry about. Patience.
  • TeachergirlCeleste
    Options
    You're confused that your weight is more at night, after a day of eating/drinking/moving/exercise, compared to the morning?

.... 3lbs difference is very little, imo

I know but it's not digesting
  • TeachergirlCeleste
    Options
    You're confused that your weight is more at night, after a day of eating/drinking/moving/exercise, compared to the morning?

Do you not poo? Or do you poo food whole?

Yes I poop each day I come home from work
  • TeachergirlCeleste
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Are you worried because you weigh more in the evening than the morning or because you've held steady at 315/316 each morning for a few days? Either way, it's probably not your scale, and it's definitely not anything to worry about. Patience.

It steady weight!. Not going anywhere
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

Do you not poo? Or do you poo food whole?

Yes I poop each day I come home from work

So you're digesting food.... It takes a while.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

It steady weight!. Not going anywhere

If you are tracking accurately and honestly, it will. Your body won't defy physics, I promise.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Guys I think she’s wondering why her weight in the morning isn’t going down from 315.... I don’t think she’s concerned that her weight fluctuates during the day...

Read it again
  • TeachergirlCeleste
    Options
    Guys I think she’s wondering why her weight in the morning isn’t going down from 315.... I don’t think she’s concerned that her weight fluctuates during the day...

Exactly. My weight is not going anywhere
  • TeachergirlCeleste
    Options

Thats not your scales fault...

Well what do I have to do
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Thats not your scales fault...

Well what do I have to do

Be patient. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear