What the flip up with my SCALE!!

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    So you're freaking out about the scale not moving for 5 days? Weight loss is not linear. Water weight, hormones, etc can all make the scale not reflect far loss. Be patient.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I am so tired of the scale. I am not going to eat tomorrow. Thats how upset I am

It's not the scale
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Seriously! I lost over 60 pounds before and the scale always moved! No it's stuck! I am so done with weight loss

Yep, seriously, this is something that happens later in your diet. When you first start dieting many people see a regular drop every day - I did for the first fifty pounds or so. Then it becomes a series of plateaus and whooshes. It's NORMAL and this happens to almost everyone who has a lot of weight to lose. Wait a week and see if you don't have a big loss in that time!

Please don't stop eating, and you don't need to beat your scale! Just take a deep breath and keep on the path.
  • TeachergirlCeleste
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I am beyond frustrated.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

Why though?
  • TeachergirlCeleste
    Options
    I am so tired of the scale. I am not going to eat tomorrow. Thats how upset I am

It's not the scale

Well, I am not eating tomorrow

Are you old enough to be on MFP, OP?
    you have to be over 18...

Lol! I am 25
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Why though?

Because the scale needs to move. I beat it really bad. I need to track my inches
    You've got a weekend coming up, sleep in late and see if the water weight comes off then - a lot of the time a couple extra hours of sleep helps a lot. Hang in there! I don't blame you for being frustrated, plateaus are frustrating. But you need to take care of yourself, not eating and being a teacher is just asking to get sick at this season.

Hope you see a change soon! Let us know.
  • DaintyWhisper
    DaintyWhisper Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Try tracking the food you eat with a food scale. You'd be so surprised how much you think one serving of something is and how much one serving really is! It's disappointing sometimes.. But, if you're stuck and wondering why the scale isn't moving, try to crack down on measuring your calories accurately. It will definitely help! Don't give up! As to why you're holding onto your weight, it could be a number of different things. Around my period, I always seem to hold onto pounds longer.. Or, if I eat a salty, high carb meal meal I will "gain" 5-7 pounds by the end of the day. It can take a few days to get back to normal. But, it will get there! I think it's a good idea for you to track your inches. Sometimes when the scale isn't cooperating, you will have another outlet to remind you of your success. : )