Options
Here's where we stand for week 2

uyMIw.jpg

I hope everyone is having a good week so far. Stick with it!:smile:

Replies

• linhstanaway
    linhstanaway Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow, all of your starting weights are light!! Good luck to all of you. :happy:
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I weigh in at 110lbs last night.

rKeaton - you don't have to do 30 Day Shred everyday. I think the DVD is only intended to be done daily by people who don't do anything else. I have a couple friends who do 30DS when they can't get to the gym. Although I am not sure how much of a workout it would be for you since you are doing bootcamp, you might feel like it's not enough. It's a good workout for 20 min, but it is only 20 min, KWIM.

So I started 30 days slim down instead of brazil butt lift because DH put the DVDs on our media player and I can't select the different videos on there. He is going to fix it for me, but who knows when he will get around to it. I am making it harder by using weights with all the cardio moves. DH is starting p90x again. I guess seeing me working out motivated him to start again. Yay!!!

DD is turning 3 on Saturday. Her daycare is having its end of the year celebration this Thursday, so we are celebrating her birthday at school tomorrow. And then a mini vacay to Vegas. It will be tough in Vegas, but I have to push myself.
  • kripley1229
    Options
    I stole this from another thread. These are Oprah's get to know you questions...

Who was your favorite celebrity as a child?
    What type of pets do you have?
    What is your favorite color?
    What is most memorable about your high school years?
    What word describes you best?
    What is your greatest accomplishment?
    What drives you every day?
    What is your favorite food?
    Where do you want to retire?
    What is your business goal this year?
    Where do you like to vacation?
    Who do you admire?
    What is your mission?
    If you were invisible, where would you go?
    What traits in others are you attracted to?
    What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you?
    How do you want to be remembered?
    What would you do with a million dollars?
    If you were on an island, who would you want to be with? Why?
    You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about?
  • kripley1229
    Options
    1. Fred savage- I had such a crush on him
    2. A 1-eyed cat named Cosmo- for Kramer on Seinfeld
    3. Green
    4. Cheerleading and softball-strange combination, I know
    5. Caring
    6. My children of course!
    7. The fact that I need to get healthy
    8. Lasagna
    9. Orlando-I want to work at Disney
    10. Actually do my lesson plans ahead of time and stick with them
    11. Disney-we go every spring break
    12. My Gamma
    13. To one day get to heaven
    14. My students' houses
    15. Kindness, humor
    16. My Gamma paid for mine and my children's college educations
    17. As a kind and loving person
    18. Probably save most of it
    19. My husband, that way we can finally be alone again!
    20. Relationships completely change after graduation
  • MaxandHenrysMom
    MaxandHenrysMom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I liked your list -- I had a super grandmother (and grandpa), too. I wish they had lived to see my two boys.

Here's mine:

1. TV did not play much of a role in my life as a kid. We had an old black and white that only got PBS if you stood just right and used tin foil on the rabbit ears (dating myself here).
    2. No pets -- though I bet that changes when my boys get older. Their eyes light up whenever they see a dog or cat.
    3. Blue
    4. Cheerleading and English class.
    5. Upbeat / Smart
    6 Earning my Ph.D and having my boys (we went through three rounds of IVF)
    7. I want to be a great (healthy, patient, and energetic) mother
    8. Icecream
    9 Buffalo -- I love my city
    10. Bring less work home
    11. Beach
    12. My parents
    13. Have a strong family and make a real difference in my students' lives
    14. Into my favorite authors' studies and watch them at work.
    15. Intelligence, generosity of time and spirit
    16. This is a hard one: I feel fortunate to find kindness almost daily in my life.
    17. Dedicated to family / generous to students / thankful.
    18. Schooling and college for my boys and neices and nephews.
    19 My husband - we met when I was 17 and he is still my favorite person to spend time with.
    20. Celebrate and move on.
  • qtiekiki
    Options
    I am out of town, and it's too hard to response to the questions on my phone. I will be back on Saturday. Sorry that I am MIA.
  • MaxandHenrysMom
    Options
    Have a great time in Vegas!
  • kripley1229
    Options
    We understand! I hope that you're having fun in VEGAS!
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    WHO WANTS TO BE A HOT MOM – ALL GROUPS UPDATE!!

Hello, future hot moms! I noticed no one was tracking the 10 separate groups, so I thought I’d jump in! Basically, I love to track ANYTHING, I was bored today, and I want to instill some friendly group competition. Here are the group totals from 7/25’s weigh-in:

GROUP 1 – Lost 14.7 pounds (6 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 2 – Lost 0.6 pounds (4 out of 7 members reporting)
    GROUP 3 – Lost 16.5 pounds (8 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 4 – Lost 11.7 pounds (8 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 5 – Lost 2.8 pounds (4 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 6 - No Check-Ins (0 out of 7 members)
    GROUP 7 – Lost 2.5 pounds (8 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 8 – Lost 2.8 pounds (8 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 9 – Lost 2.2 pounds (6 out of 9 members reporting)
    GROUP 10 – Lost 2.1 pounds (3 out of 4 members reporting)

GRAND TOTALS – 55 moms checked in, 55.9 pounds lost

Bragging rights go to Group 3 for losing the most weight! (Yay, team! That’s my group!!)

But before you get too excited, I also calculated the “% to GW” totals for each group. This is important, as there are major weight differences between each group with each member having a different amount of pounds to lose to reach her goal weight. I also could only calculate this percentage for the members who reported a GW. Here are the “% to GW” totals:

GROUP 1 – 2.62%
    GROUP 2 – 0.17%
    GROUP 3 – 6.3%
    GROUP 4 – 2.82%
    GROUP 5 – 0.36%
    GROUP 6 – No Check-Ins
    GROUP 7 – 1.46%
    GROUP 8 – 2.24%
    GROUP 9 – 1.18%
    GROUP 10 – 16.41%

Bragging rights go to Group 10 for the highest percentage!

Now you know how the other groups are doing.

Will someone please, oh please, adopt Group 6? I’d volunteer my group, but I’m not a captain.

Any suggestions for future updates? Did you find this helpful at all?? If yes, I can put all this info in an official chart and do it each week. Send me a message , and let me know! I included all the group names below, in case other captains want to check out what the other groups are doing….

Good luck with Monday’s weigh in!!

-- Future Hot Mamas – Group 3
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MAMA group 4 (closed group)
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MOM group 5
    -- Hot Moms Group 6 (closed group)
    -- “Who Wants to Be a Hot Mom” Group 7
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom?!: GROUP 8 CLOSED THREAD.
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom-Group 9 (closed group)
    -- Hot Mom (Closed group)-Mommies in Control
  • MaxandHenrysMom
    Options
    This update is nice! I like hearing about other moms working hard toward their goals. It makes me more motivated.
  • kripley1229
    Options
    Okay it's weigh in day again! Sorry I've been kind of MIA. I had a bad week. Yesterday was the anniversary of my dad's death 3 years ago. I fell off the bandwagon for a few days, but I'm back today to start anew! Thankfully I didn't gain any. I weighed in at 119 this morning. I'll post an updated chart tomorrow.
  • MaxandHenrysMom
    Options
    Okay it's weigh in day again! Sorry I've been kind of MIA. I had a bad week. Yesterday was the anniversary of my dad's death 3 years ago. I fell off the bandwagon for a few days, but I'm back today to start anew! Thankfully I didn't gain any. I weighed in at 119 this morning. I'll post an updated chart tomorrow.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad week and the loss of your father. Anniversaries of losing someone can be really tough.

It's a new week.

I weighed in at 111.5 again, so no changes for me. I don't feel too badly though since I got some good news. Today I was measured at the gym and my body % dropped from 29(point something) % to 24.5% in the last 5 weeks. I think my goal will be somewhere around 20-22%, which is about right for my age, I think.

My goal this week is to try and lose 1/2 lb.
  • qtiekiki
    Options
    Ok I am back. I am still very much out of it. I weighed in at 110lbs yesterday, so no changes. Lots of food while we were in Vegas. At least, we did lots of walking. DD made me carry her quite a bit, so I guess that's my weight training. LOL.

kripley - New week for both of us. We can do it. It's never easy losing our loved ones.

rkeaton - 5% body fat lost in 5 weeks is great.

And here's my answers for the "get to know you" questions.

Who was your favorite celebrity as a child?
    Leonardo DiCaprio
    What type of pets do you have?
    Cocker Spaniel mix - it's DH's family dog. I am not the primary caretaker.
    What is your favorite color?
    Turquoise
    What is most memorable about your high school years?
    Our whole AP Physics class skipped class together.
    What word describes you best?
    Easygoing
    What is your greatest accomplishment?
    My kids
    What drives you every day?
    Being the best that I can be, in all aspects of life.
    What is your favorite food?
    Sushi, chocolate
    Where do you want to retire?
    Haven't thought about this... I just assume that I will retire where I am now.
    What is your business goal this year?
    To be more organized.
    Where do you like to vacation?
    Beach
    Who do you admire?
    Jerry - my ex-coworker's husband who I adopted as my grandpa. He is a brilliant man.
    What is your mission?
    To have a strong family, to raise well-adjusted confident children, to live a fulfilled life.
    If you were invisible, where would you go?
    My coworker's bf's house/work, so I can find out for her if he is cheating. She vents to me daily about him texting other girls. It's silly, but I want to find out because I think she deserves so much better.
    What traits in others are you attracted to?
    intelligence, sense of humor
    What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you?
    My 70 something ex-coworker (who I now call grandma) and her husband gifted me $1,000 when I was in college. It's not the money, but the fact that they treated me as their own kid.
    How do you want to be remembered?
    As someone who is full of life.
    What would you do with a million dollars?
    Save for kids' college funds
    If you were on an island, who would you want to be with? Why?
    My husband. He is my love, my best friend. I can't imagine life without him.
    You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about?
    Finding yourself.
  • kripley1229
    Options
    Thanks for your support guys! Here's our chart for week 3.

ds2wF.jpg
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    WHO WANTS TO BE A HOT MOM? - GROUP RESULTS, 8/1 Weigh-In

CDWwq.png

Way to go, Groups 3 & 4!! You've had two weeks of all members checking in, and your numbers are showing the difference!

One member suggested listing "% of weight loss" per group. When I ran the numbers, I didn't feel they were a good reflection of the weight lost, as some members only have to lose a very small percentage of their current weight to get to their goal weights while others have to lose a much larger percentage. Let's just keep on tracking "% to GW." Hopefully, some groups will make it to the GW's before the challenge ends!

Please take a minute to review the following goal weights and percentages for your team listed below. I received these numbers from either the original "Who Wants to Be a Hot Mom" posting or from your group posting. This "Goal Weight" is the weight you would like to be on December 31, 2011 -- the official end of this challenge. If your goal weights are not accurate, then the "% to GW" column will not reflect your progress. For example, members with "% to GW" of 8.69% or higher as of today are on track to reach their group goal weights by December 31.

ikSnQ.png

If you are below 8.69%, don't sweat it! You still have 21 weeks to get to your GW! If you would like to make a change, just send me a message.
    -- Future Hot Mamas – Group 3
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MAMA group 4 (closed group)
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MOM group 5
    -- Hot Moms Group 6 (closed group)
    -- “Who Wants to Be a Hot Mom” Group 7
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom?!: GROUP 8 CLOSED THREAD.
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom-Group 9 (closed group)
    -- Hot Mom (Closed group)-Mommies in Control
  • qtiekiki
    Options
    How are you ladies doing this week? I am working out everyday, but I feel more sluggish since I got back from our trip. Maybe because I have been eating too much. Need to get back to eating cleaner. Hope you are having a good week.
  • kripley1229
    Options
    Okay, confession time...

I have eaten terribly today! We went to a buffet for lunch. I did great until I got to the desserts! I was then good at dinner, but just ate 3 cupcakes! Not the small ones either! I assume this was due to that time of the month, but I really hate it when I do this! I know tomorro's a new day, but today was just plain awful!!!!

Speaking of awful, tomorrow is weigh in day. I'm sure I haven' lost much if any due to water weight...

Sorry to be so down. I should be back to more myself tomorrow!
  • qtiekiki
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. It's just one day.

I didn't exercise yesterday because we went to our nephews' birthday party at the park. We kicked the soccer ball around, played some frisbee, and were at the playground. But nothing like a formal workout. Today I did 30DS Level 3, and parent/infant swim lesson on Sunday always make me feel like I worked out. I also ate a lot.
  • kripley1229
    Options
    Well I was right about not losing weight, I actually gained. I weighed in at 120.4 this morning. Like I said yesterday, I'm sure it's just from extra water weight from my period. It is still annoying! Oh well!

I'm having a much better day today. P90X is going well. I started on phase 3 today. I did a workout that I haven't done since June. Oh my goodness! It's amazing just how much easier it was and how much more I was able to do! For example: The 1st week I was able to do 15 push ups on my knees and today I was able to do 30 on my toes! It was AWESOME! :bigsmile:

I go back to work next week. It'll be a big test to see if I can keep it up!
  • MaxandHenrysMom
    Options
    I have days like that, too, where I eat some junk and don't workout; I think that's just part of the journey and it evens out. It's a new day and a new week.

I ended up having a good week. I weighed in 110.

I think two things played into it: 1. I added an additional day at the gym and did some running (something I have never done before, except maybe junior high- yikes!) and 2. the temperatures/humidity really dropped here and I think I had been really retaining water. So today's weigh in was probably the result of two weeks, rather than one, I think.

I hope everyone is off to a super new week. I like that we are supporting each other!

Rebekah