Keto diet? YES

Options
2»

Replies

• TripleSnake
    TripleSnake Posts: 77 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    On keto for 2 months already. Did not manage to hold 2 months with any other simple CICO diet. Always go for more friends :)
  • mwillder1
    mwillder1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ive been on keto for 3 months and 5 days and I'm down over 27 pounds. Gone. I look great and my energy is through the roof. If you're on the fence about keto, do it! Feel free to add me as a friend
    KETO RULES

Sweet! I'm on month 5 and down 27 as well. It's been an amazing experience and so glad I began it...
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    caiteh86 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    caiteh86 wrote: »
    You're gonna get a lot of "woo" reactions from this crowd but don't let them get to ya...your progress is awesome...keep at 'er! I tried keto for a few weeks in November and couldn't keep it up for a few reasons, although I remember feeling great and having more energy.

Not really...people only get those when they start talking about magical properties and such...

She's already been woo'ed 5 times.

Still plenty of time.
  • im233
    im233 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started Keto 18 days ago, I've lost 5 lbs. I'm really enjoying this new way of cooking and eating. I'm also using a treadmill desk since I work from home. I'm really hoping to see some weight changes in the months to come. It's great hearing of others successes!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Try the Low Carber Daily and keto MFP groups for more like minded people and support.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

And congrats on your success so far. :)
  • angibaby11
    angibaby11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve just started myself! Pretty excited! Add me, would like some friends for the support and guidance!
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I too experienced some great weight loss when I did keto. Then when I returned to carbs (because I love them and could never give them up permanently), I regained all the weight.

Make sure you have a plan for when you reach maintenance. Are you going to continue with keto indefinitely, or switch to a different way of eating to maintain your weight? Either way, plan ahead to avoid regain! Good luck!
  • RoxyWhoShrinkyDink
    Options
    I know keto isn't for everyone, but it is what is best for me.

I can't figure out how to add people, but fellow keto peeps (or other friendly people who won't bash keto) feel free to add me.
  • katthouse499
    katthouse499 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian keto and trying I could use some help ty
  • dmcnur
    dmcnur Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Great going. I have also been on a ketogenic diet since 1/11/17 and having good results. Fasting blood glucose now normal, cholesterol and tryglycerides both down, off blood pressure medication. My weight has dropped from 92.8kg to 76kg (about 37 pounds) as of today. I am sure keto is not for everyone, but for me it works.
  • YogaPantsUser
    YogaPantsUser Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have been ketoing for the past month and love the more satisfied feeling and tasty food. I do miss some carbs but so far so good.