Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie!!!!!!!! 130 CALS!!!

Options

Replies

• Vmyers4332
    Options
    Yum! Bump!
  • lisabell16
    Options
    Yum
  • gmbuccino
    gmbuccino Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • paperpromisesx3
    Options
    bump
  • sarahrunnergirl
    Options
    bump
  • unique2myself
    unique2myself Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jtbaddison
    jtbaddison Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    freaking awesome bump!

Mine did not come out to 130 (188 cals), but I had real butter and mini choc chips as garnish.

I'm planning on making a bunch of derivatives of this. I was thinking of using vanilla pudding and mixing in strawberries or blueberries and adding crumbled grahams on top for a cobbler effect.

OR--mixing in some pumpkin pie filling instead of peanut butter and pudding for a pumpkin pie effect. Options are limitless.
  • skinnyminnie
    skinnyminnie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JNALTBK
    JNALTBK Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Oh my ... making my mouth water.
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Awesome recipe and thanks for sharing!

We could add chocolate protein powder to the mix too.
  • rachelw16
    Options
    bump!
  • Mathisfun
    Mathisfun Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    bump
  • froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe. Looks so yummy!
  • wearystar
    wearystar Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hold your horses... there is nothing "good for you" about this.

The first four ingredients of the Cool Whip Free are: Water, Corn Syrup (read: sugar), Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (read: trans fats), High Fructose Corn Syrup (read: sugar again).

Graham Crackers are NOT good for you. Refined cereal grains (anything flour based) are unnecessary in your diet. Replace them with a crust made of nuts and you're better off. Yes, nuts are higher in fat, but your body requires fat for functioning. It does NOT require grains.

This is loaded with sugar. A huge "diet" saboteur. If you're trying to get lean, lose the sugar from your diet. Nosh on dark chocolate (lower in sugar and fat) and some nuts. Not Cool Whip and pudding!

In the past twenty years, "low-fat" foods have become a way of life for many Americans and yet, Americans are fatter than ever. Don't eat anything labeled "low-fat", eat things without labels instead.

nearly all the "diet" foods promoted on this site are similar to what you just listed, but people still think they are losing weight. just use the real stuff, have an indulgent snack, a small amount to kill the craving and then walk away. maybe do some extra exercise to burn off the calories if they bother you that much
    low-cal/low-fat doesn't equal "good for you" because of all the chemicals used to make the products 'low cal' or whatever.
  • keledawn20
    keledawn20 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Bean5
    Bean5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kmart20
    kmart20 Posts: 72
    Options
    mine came out to 164 calories per mini pie. this recipe is looking at a each graham cracker as 4 little squares which make up the 2 full crackers, not a lot to make crust with 2 tablespoons of butter. If you do actual full crackers and use 8 of them, it comes out to around 164 calories. Still low cal and so worth it, they are awesome!
  • Margie2210
    Margie2210 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jtbaddison
    jtbaddison Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hold your horses... there is nothing "good for you" about this.

The first four ingredients of the Cool Whip Free are: Water, Corn Syrup (read: sugar), Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (read: trans fats), High Fructose Corn Syrup (read: sugar again).

Graham Crackers are NOT good for you. Refined cereal grains (anything flour based) are unnecessary in your diet. Replace them with a crust made of nuts and you're better off. Yes, nuts are higher in fat, but your body requires fat for functioning. It does NOT require grains.

This is loaded with sugar. A huge "diet" saboteur. If you're trying to get lean, lose the sugar from your diet. Nosh on dark chocolate (lower in sugar and fat) and some nuts. Not Cool Whip and pudding!

In the past twenty years, "low-fat" foods have become a way of life for many Americans and yet, Americans are fatter than ever. Don't eat anything labeled "low-fat", eat things without labels instead.

nearly all the "diet" foods promoted on this site are similar to what you just listed, but people still think they are losing weight. just use the real stuff, have an indulgent snack, a small amount to kill the craving and then walk away. maybe do some extra exercise to burn off the calories if they bother you that much
    low-cal/low-fat doesn't equal "good for you" because of all the chemicals used to make the products 'low cal' or whatever.

Let's break down the sugar:
    Per Serving: Graham Crackers: 1.5 G
    Sugar Free/Fat Free Jello Chocoloate Pudding: 0 G
    Cool Whip Lite: 4 G
    Peanut Butter: 1 G
    So a grand total of 6.5 G of sugar. Maybe its not going to qualify as "health food", but it sure is a better alternative than indulging in chocolate cheesecake or Reese's Peanut Butter Cups from the supermarket.

Also, Cook Whip Lite has zero Transfats.