Brides to Be! Challenge for August (closed group)

Options

Replies

• KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    measurements in! was hoping for a bigger difference in the numbers but I will take what I can get! Going to do my best to watch my sugar intake this week! Luckily for me I am doing the Body by Vi 90 Day Challenge and each shake has less than one gram of sugar! so that should make it easy, right? lol, Hope everyone else is still going strong!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Just logged em in and I am down a pound from last week...what a pleasant surprise! 79b2e721e.gif

My measurements went down too, except the boobs since it is TOM. :tongue: :laugh:
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's exercise: swimming! Today: treadmill. Not as fun!
  • mattiol4
    mattiol4 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! I am super excited! I lost 1.6 pounds since last week! Last Monday I was 165.8 and this morning I was 164.2!!! And it was TOM for me. So, I was pleasantly surprised to see those numbers.

Congratulations on everyones losses this week :)
  • MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    ok...so I just changed my diary to track the sugar again...WOW! This is gonna be a tough challenge! Apparently I like the sweet AND salty...ugh. Sugar and sodium are in the red almost every day!!!
  • KansasGal
    Options
    So what songs are y'all walking down the aisle to?

My MOH and best friend, Chris, is going to play God Bless the Broken Road on his guitar for me! I am so excited!!!!
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options

My MOH and best friend, Chris, is going to play God Bless the Broken Road on his guitar for me! I am so excited!!!!

aww thats a good one!

im doing a catholic ceremony, so no real leeway on the song choices, but thats ok - i still havent picked them or my readings yet and I really need to!
  • SMarie1219
    Options
    So sugar and plank challange... what is the plank challange exactly, anyone know where to find this?
  • SMarie1219
    Options

I have no idea!! I feel like I'm drowning with this wedding stuff! We need to go get our place reserved, and figure out the meal plan. I'm pretty sure we have a place set just need to go look at it to make sure that is what we want. How many people are you inviting to your wedding?
  • KansasGal
    Options

I have no idea!! I feel like I'm drowning with this wedding stuff! We need to go get our place reserved, and figure out the meal plan. I'm pretty sure we have a place set just need to go look at it to make sure that is what we want. How many people are you inviting to your wedding?

Weeellll, I was wanting small like a hundred or less. But my soon to be MIL thinks she needs to invite anyone and every one she has been related to or seen on the street! Told my fiance that we will take her list and will revise it! she isnt the one paying for it so she cannot have say in it all!!! so prolly going to be closer to 200 but not all are invited to the ceremony and meal. some are just invited to the dance. I know that sounds mean but we just cannot afford a big shindig!
  • soccerella
    Options
    So sugar and plank challange... what is the plank challange exactly, anyone know where to find this?

i posted it the other day. get in plank position and hold for thirty seconds, then switch and do each side for 30 seconds then pback to regular plank for 30 more (20 seconds total). Its a good core workout. Let me see if i can find some pictures of the plank positions to show though!

http://cdn.womenshealthmag.com/files/images/0905-poster-plank.preview.jpg

http://blog.charleslloydfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/side-plank.jpg

you can do them with arms straight too, but i prefer the laying on the forearms version
  • SMarie1219
    Options

i posted it the other day. get in plank position and hold for thirty seconds, then switch and do each side for 30 seconds then pback to regular plank for 30 more (20 seconds total). Its a good core workout. Let me see if i can find some pictures of the plank positions to show though!

http://cdn.womenshealthmag.com/files/images/0905-poster-plank.preview.jpg

http://blog.charleslloydfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/side-plank.jpg

you can do them with arms straight too, but i prefer the laying on the forearms version

Awesome! Thank you!!
  • SMarie1219
    Options

Weeellll, I was wanting small like a hundred or less. But my soon to be MIL thinks she needs to invite anyone and every one she has been related to or seen on the street! Told my fiance that we will take her list and will revise it! she isnt the one paying for it so she cannot have say in it all!!! so prolly going to be closer to 200 but not all are invited to the ceremony and meal. some are just invited to the dance. I know that sounds mean but we just cannot afford a big shindig!

I've asked for a list and haven't received one so I told DF that we are going to just go get the place and say "sorry this is our limit"
  • atay18
    atay18 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The easiest way to keep numbers down is to invite less people, and the best way to invite less people without hurting anyone's feelings is to....book a place that has a limit of people for the room! Our venue can only hold 175 people so we are having 175 people and not a person more! It really made my mom and my fiance's mom think about who they wanted to invite. We also told them that any people that they wanted meant friends were taken off the list! It really made things easier on those who wanted to know why they weren't invited.
  • MrsSmith1112
    Options
    measurements posted...I finally got a decent tape measure, so measuring is a lot less annoying now! I've really got some work to do though now that I see accurate inches. UGH! Time to step it up!
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I eat 5 or 6 times a day. Somehow, I still have 1000 calories left even though I have eaten my 5 meals already. I think it's because I ate my lunch without cheese or ranch like I usually do. I'm 2 grams over on my sugar limit right now. I did my planks even though I hate them. :noway:

I took a look at all the measurements and everyone so far has improved in at least one way, great job ladies.
  • MrsSmith1112
    Options
    Ok...the day is over...and I am definitely going to look for some ways to improve my sugar intake! On the plus side, I finally managed to keep my sodium levels in the green! Baby Steps!!!

PS: Planks suck.....by that, I mean I suck at planks! Boo!
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I totally screwed my sugar right now by getting a frozen yogurt. blah.
  • atay18
    atay18 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I really wish we didn't weigh in on Mondays, because I tend to have pretty bad weekends (alcohol, salt, etc) and Mondays show that. But today I weighed in after drinking a ton of water and am down to 127! I know it will fluctuate again through the week, so I won't post it on my ticker. But still! It makes me VERY happy that I am getting married on a Saturday when it is so much easier to be good throughout the week!
  • soccerella
    Options
    well i took all my measurements last night (nbot sure if they saved or not cuz i freaked out and closed the spreadsheet) Im going to do them again after i get home today and NOT after I have three slices of pizza like i did last night

I think my original weight was a fluke, since i've been about 3 pounds above that since that day but i was down when i weighed myself this morning and my body fat is down slightly too. My measurements were all about the same or bigger so i think that was the food!

I have my fitting thursday so i need to be really good up til then....and after too! im kind of scared of losing more weight afterwards, but at least im only about a month away from the wedding so its doubtful im gonna drop anything crazy when its taken me 9 months to get this far.

Sugars were good i think yesterday, but i had a bagel with homemade strawberry preserves this morning and i know that probbaly was my whole weekly intake there!