The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,846 Member
    Options
    Goog luck keep up the good work
  • crystalsmith1042
    Options
    Hello, so a little over a week ago I switched from eating scrambled eggs every morning to just egg whites or a fruit smoothie with almond milk and flaxseed. I also cut out cheese and maintaining a 1400-1500 calorie intake. I have lost 7lbs!! This is a lot of weight for less than 2 weeks, I was 173 and now I am 166. I am 5’4 and I just walk maybe 1-2 times a week for 30-40 minutes plus chasing after 2 toddlers. I am just concerned if I need to re-evaluate my calories....I don’t want to be on a crash diet, I want to be healthy a lose weight the healthy way.
  • WolfDenOne
    WolfDenOne Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    Hello, so a little over a week ago I switched from eating scrambled eggs every morning to just egg whites or a fruit smoothie with almond milk and flaxseed. I also cut out cheese and maintaining a 1400-1500 calorie intake. I have lost 7lbs!! This is a lot of weight for less than 2 weeks, I was 173 and now I am 166. I am 5’4 and I just walk maybe 1-2 times a week for 30-40 minutes plus chasing after 2 toddlers. I am just concerned if I need to re-evaluate my calories....I don’t want to be on a crash diet, I want to be healthy a lose weight the healthy way.

I go by the calories that MFP suggests based upon my profile setup. I'm allotted ~1700 calories daily. I drink 8 glasses of water a day and work out 5x/week for 60-90 mins. I personally add the calories I burn in the gym to my daily allotment. Then, I closely track my meals, and will always leave~500 calories for the day. That formula had me losing 2.2 - 2.5 lbs per week.

7lb for two weeks is an intense burn, but there are a lot of variables. Maybe give it another two weeks an monitor. If you're still burning like that, maybe increase your calorific intake.
  • lramos3369
    lramos3369 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Holaaa..back at it again on MFP. ..Hmmm. Last post didn't take
  • Pepper5220
    Pepper5220 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, looking for new friends for support!
  • DJtobias13
    DJtobias13 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    @JerSchmare LOL... please enlighten me then
  • Keef75
    Keef75 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Hi All, good to see a thread with same aged individuals
  • j3ff2mtbr
    j3ff2mtbr Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I’m Jeff from NC, I’ll soon be 41 and have entered a new phase in my life with graduate school. Avid cyclist and particularly mountain biking when I can find time but I’ve put my triathlon habit on hold until after graduation.

Looking for support and encouragement. Feel free to add me and I’ll provide the same. Cheers!
  • calvinjesusfreakfields
    Options
    Well I’m 50 years old. But I’m making it priority to hit the gym often. So if anyone wants to share please add me
  • WolfDenOne
    Options
    Well I’m 50 years old. But I’m making it priority to hit the gym often. So if anyone wants to share please add me

55 here, Calvin. I started back up again on the new year. Go to the gym 5x/wk for at least an hour. Seeing progress and feeling better every day! Wishing you success!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    WolfDenOne wrote: »

55 here, Calvin. I started back up again on the new year. Go to the gym 5x/wk for at least an hour. Seeing progress and feeling better every day! Wishing you success!

Good for you two. I'm 52 a week ago. I don't actually go to the gym but burn my calories either in the garden or going for 60 minute walks.
  • Iron_Muscle_
    Iron_Muscle_ Posts: 5,095 Member
    Options
    Almost 47 here. Can’t believe it. I don’t feel it at all. 40 is the new 20. Add me
  • beardymcnormous
    beardymcnormous Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    .......40 is the new 20. Add me

Ditto!
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Two 20s make a 40 lol
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »
    Two 20s make a 40 lol

Lol!!
  • WolfDenOne
    Options
    Hi. This is my very first post. I'm almost 54 years old. I started MFP at the end of December when I decided to change pretty much everything about the way I eat and live my life. I am vegetarian (also no dairy) and try to follow a renal diet. I've lost about 14 pounds since the beginning of the year. I started exercising regularly for the first time in years. It hasn't been easy, but my smaller clothes are fitting and that doesn't suck!

That sounds fantastic. Welcome. Wishing you much continued success!
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »
    Two 20s make a 40 lol

Just jk you look great. Good work
  • lessjl
    lessjl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    hi, all! I am new. been tracking here and there on mfp for a while, but trying to make it consistent now. starting in a new class at the ymca soon. I am 54, about 25lbs overweight (possibly more, haven't checked!). fitness is actually a huge priority of mine--my ten year old twin boys eat no junk and are very active. I'm also very conscious about what I eat BUT I eat way too much. total stress eater. been reading some geneen roth books about understanding why we use food for so many different things in our lives... as far as exercise, I've regularly had 4-5 hours/week my whole adult life--until I went back to work full time this past September for the first time since I had my kids. since then it's not only hard to find the time, but also the energy to work out! I mostly do cardio (elliptical), weight machines, yoga and pilates. if you have tips for keeping up your energy to work out later on in the day, please share!

please feel free to add me. when I've come and gone here before, I never made any connections and that probably didn't help. thanks in advance for the support and for those of you that have posted your inspiring stories--thank you!!

:), jeri lynn