2018 Lose 52 Pounds In 52 week’s Challenge

Options

Replies

• LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I started over yesterday. So one day done a life time to go. I have to do this for health reasons. I don't expect i'll turn heads at this age. But I certainly could work at getting healthier.

See you all lighter
  • amybkatherine
    amybkatherine Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    To me the CHALLENGE is to TRY to consistently lose a pound a week! I find that keeps me aware of what I need to do day to day, week to week.
    I have not met the -52 mark the past two years BUT I did lose -37 and -43 and now I’m very close to my GW.

Welcome aboard!
    Thanks, Jim. Congrats on your success in this challenge! It's always inspiring to see others who have found success. I appreciate your view on the challenge. I think my goal will be to work on my consistency. It's what I've struggled with in the past. I've always been good at short term plans and motivation, but I've had a hard time keeping it up. I'm hoping that this challenge will help me keep that consistency in my mind.
  • cabman
    cabman Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Week 6

Starting weight: 88.1kg (194.2)
    Goal weight: 65-75kg (143-165)

Current weight: 85.2kg (187.8)
    This week GAIN: +1.3kg (+2.9)

Challenge weight lost: 2.9kg (6.4)

This week's successes:
    Missed a couple of gym sessions and did not log food correctly for a few days. Started snacking at night again. Learnt a valuable lesson. From my self disappointment will come determination .

Next week's challenges:
    Log everything correctly. Don't skip the gym. Drink 3L water everyday, and stay focus
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    cabman......try an apple for a night snack, sounds dumb I know, but the munching and biting required takes quite a bit of effort...and its really rewarding somehow..! I'm rather addicted to them for that reason,,, plus they taste insane when they have been in the fridge.

Keep pushing yourself...you can do more than you realize.

ps...just to make you laugh,, I always take the apple sticker (that is normally on the apple skin) and put in on my nose....then eat my apple and look at my husband and say "what?" Lol just to make him have a big of a chuckle....
  • mcw2018mfp
    mcw2018mfp Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Starting weight:
    Goal weight: 135
    Current weight:
    Total weight lost:
    This week's successes:
    This week's challenges: Away for meetings for Tues and Wed. Away to cheer at College rodeo on the weekend. Time away from home is when I get into trouble.

Late to the game. Do not want to waste another week this year. Embarrassed to say I was not ready to climb on the scale this morning. Will post my weight as soon as I get my big girl pants on.
  • MsArriabella
    MsArriabella Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 196.6
    Goal weight: 130
    Current weight: 186.6
    Total weight lost: 10
    This week's successes: Sticking with the running plan. Signed up for 2 races, 1 in March, 1 in June
    This week's challenges: Figuring out new healthy dinners that can are delicious and can be made quickly or ahead of time.
  • itsjanaye
    itsjanaye Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Week 6

2018 Starting weight: 208.9
    Goal weight: 150
    Current weight: 203.3
    Weight lost this week: 1.5
    Total weight lost: 5.6

This week's successes: Stayed under my calorie goal a little more consistently than usual, including Friday and Saturday which are usually tough for me.
    This week's challenges: Stopped exercising as much... I only did 3 days. I will need to get back in the game and go for at least 5/6 days a week. Also overate on Sunday by quite a bit, I finally realized this morning that that is a pattern for me!
    Apparently last week (first full week of February) is statistically the most common week for people to give up on their weight loss goals for the year... that won't be us!
  • savvyrose88
    savvyrose88 Posts: 123 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I totally forgot about this challenge!

WEEK 6

Starting Weight (for the year): 195.8; (for the week): 188.6
    Goal Weight: 130
    Current Weight: 187.6
    Total weight lost: 8.2 lbs

This week’s success: Tracked everything. Calories, steps, everything.

Challenges: Exercising! I need to do more!