What the flip up with my SCALE!!

Options

Replies

• briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have an unhealthy relationship with the scale. First of all, weigh yourself once a day ONLY, at the same time of day EVERY TIME, and always make sure the scale is on the same spot on the floor every time. If you were really wise you'd stop weighing yourself daily and go to once a week since you are kind of over-obsessing about what the scale is telling you.

Re-evaluate your goals and make sure your diet and exercise activities are supporting them. Focus on other goals besides your results on the scale, like new fitness goals in the meantime. Walk or run a mile (or more), # of push ups, pull ups, etc. Completing a workout routine/video plan. Lots of other healthy ways to express and measure your success than just fractions of pounds every day.

And not eating for a day is NEVER the right answer. You know that.

Good luck!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm morbidly curious - did it move? Or was the mind lost?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    Food in your stomach has weight, so does the fluid you drink.

But doesn't it suppose to digest

Yes, but that takes time, 8 or more hours, and it still adds weight until you poop out the waste. Stop weighing at night it serves no purpose.

Digestive transit time varies, but can be up to 50+ hours in healthy people.
  • babysaffy
    babysaffy Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My goodness I hope the scale moved or OP took advice and is waiting to weigh.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Waiting on an update with bated breath
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Can someone post their weight loss chart showing the fluctuations?
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I am down 26 pounds. I got on the scale early sunday morning and was 314! However I had a cheat meal and today I am 320! LIKE WTF! THE SCALE IS NOT FAIR

The scale didn't eat the cheat meal. It's an inanimate object, incapable of being fair or not.

You ate the cheat meal. The extra food/calories/sodium caused the spike in weight.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I am down 26 pounds. I got on the scale early sunday morning and was 314! However I had a cheat meal and today I am 320! LIKE WTF! THE SCALE IS NOT FAIR

I said this in your other thread on the subject, but I see others have covered it all already:

It sounds like a bump in the amount of water your body is holding due to the meal rather than a gain of 6 pounds of fat. That's pretty common. You'll see big bumps in the scale like that around cheat meals, high sodium days, and for many around ovulation and your period. It doesn't mean that you can't have them (although it's certainly fair to avoid them for a little while if the body's normal scale fluctuations stress you out), but just be aware that this is a thing the body does when it needs a little extra water to help process what you ate. It should disappear on its own by the end of the week once you get back to your regular routine.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

OP is not reading replies, it seems we've all been roped into listening to her complain. Unless maybe someone can find a way to fit useful info in between a bunch of OMG!!!s and WTF!!!s after telling her she is correct that her scale is so totally unfair. :neutral:

Yeah. I thought maybe a picture would catch her attention. ;)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options