Please help! I ate one cupcake

Hello. I am a prekindergarten teacher in the US and today is valentine day. We are celebrating by making cards, eating candy and cupcakes. I ate only one cupcake and it was so sweet that I couldn't stand it and had to throw half in the trash. The sweetness of it also hurt my tooth/ I assume my reaction to the sweetness came from me not having anything sweet since I started eating healthier two months ago. I ate the cupcake and I feel like ive gained 20 pounds

Replies

• amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Eating one cupcake won't change anything. You won't gain any weight from eating one cupcake.

Like someone else above me has said: see your doctor. And I hope those kids didn't see you throwing it away!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,285 Member
    Also see your dentist. When I got a toothache after eating something sugary, it turned out that I needed root canal. (Of course, I ignored the issue for months; it might've just been a small cavity the first time.)
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Put it in your Food log and move on. It is one cupcake, not a bing. There is no slippery slope here, unless you create one. Don't feel guilty--cupcake is gone for good. Think in the long term, not the short term and you will realize this is not worth feeling guilty about.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Also see your dentist. When I got a toothache after eating something sugary, it turned out that I needed root canal. (Of course, I ignored the issue for months; it might've just been a small cavity the first time.)

I'm finding that, as I've gotten older, my teeth are more sensitive. I use Sensodyne toothpaste and it works for me.

I've also had a root canal (also left too long etc.).
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    It doesn't seem like you are ready to lose weight and keep it off. If having a half of a cup cake makes you feel like you gained 20lbs your image of food and a balanced diet is completely off, you have found a way to lie to yourself and vilify food.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Overly sweet things sometimes hurt my teeth because they are sensitive. Just like some very cold things.... I can only eat ice cream in small bites (makes it last longer).
    It's all about getting that bite at the right angle.... I got it down. Gimme that cupcake.....
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Dear Posters,

Please stay on track.

Thanks,
    4legs
    MFP moderator
This discussion has been closed.