Please help! I ate one cupcake

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    The sad thing is that it was probably a grocery store cupcake and not even worth the 200 calories.

I do agree to see your dentist if it hurt your teeth though...
  • TyTravis007
    TyTravis007 Posts: 77 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Welcome to my world!

Back when I was on a normal diet I’d feel fat and antsy whenever I had sugar or carbs. Best way to get rid of it? Work out. Even though I am Keto now if I don’t workout regularly I get the same feeling, always resolves with high-intensity excercise.

Hope that helps! :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Wow what a sigh of relief. thanks everyone. I have another question. I purchased two different scales and one say that I am 313 and the other says 315. Which one should i believe

Seriously. Only use one scale. Different scales do not weigh the same. Take the other one back.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Wow what a sigh of relief. thanks everyone. I have another question. I purchased two different scales and one say that I am 313 and the other says 315. Which one should i believe

Your absolute weight on the scale doesn't really matter. All that matters is low variance of the scale at the same weight. You're usually using scales to measure progress, not determine your absolute weight.

So whichever one you want to believe, use that one everytime and measure yourself at roughly the same time every time under similar conditions.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

The one you have been using the entire time. Why id you go out and buy 2 scales?
  • TeachergirlCeleste
    Options

Seriously. Only use one scale. Different scales do not weigh the same. Take the other one back.

Whatt why should I believe the 315! I was 314 on sunday and I dropped all the water weight from the cheat meal and I am back down to 315
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Whatt why should I believe the 315! I was 314 on sunday and I dropped all the water weight from the cheat meal and I am back down to 315

Why not?
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options

Why not?

Because it needs to be a small number

No, it needs to be consistent.

Your mindset toward your weight and eating are very troubling and are not healthy. You need to see a mental health counselor.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I also vote for a dentists visit.
  • emmalena0626
    emmalena0626 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am a prekindergarten teacher in the US and today is valentine day. We are celebrating by making cards, eating candy and cupcakes. I ate only one cupcake and it was so sweet that I couldn't stand it and had to throw half in the trash. The sweetness of it also hurt my tooth/ I assume my reaction to the sweetness came from me not having anything sweet since I started eating healthier two months ago. I ate the cupcake and I feel like ive gained 20 pounds

• emmalena0626
    emmalena0626 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So you figure a cupcake is around 150 calories?? Just walk fast for 45 min afterwork Even if you did 30 minutes the cupcake would be cut in half xo. Today is very hard I totally get it~ Happy Valentines day my friend! xo
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You didn't even finish the cupcake. Log the half you ate and move on.

Between this thread and your other one, I think you need to take a step back and evaluate why you're doing this. Gaining water weight isn't the end of the world. Eating a cupcake isn't the end of the world. I've had two cupcakes this week because I decided to buy some. This is about learning how to handle this for the rest of your life. Are you ALWAYS going to avoid cupcakes/sweets? Or do you want to learn how to moderate these into your goals?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    This thread will remain closed.

Sincerely,
    4legs
This discussion has been closed.