Women - Monthly Cycle Cravings/Challenges

Options
KotoMalli
KotoMalli Posts: 29 Member
Hey ladies,

Many of us experience our monthly cycles differently, SO! how do YOU feel when you get yours? (=

Do you get cravings? Sleep excessively? Experience cramps? Grumpiness? I know I for one YES to ALL! How do you overcome your womanly cycle!? (Especially those cutting calories! and trying to exercise! If you're not, that's okay too!)

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I gain some water weight but otherwise not very symptomatic. BC did wonders for me.
  • KotoMalli
    Options
    dwrightlaw wrote: »
    I just give in to the dark side & surrender to my unabashed hatred for all living creatures :p

Haha!! Sometimes we just need to unleash our fury. :D:D
  • KotoMalli
    Options
    I gain some water weight but otherwise not very symptomatic. BC did wonders for me.

Nice!
  • KotoMalli
    Options
    I don't have those anymore but there's at least 1 week in the month when I am a real *kitten* :D

Hahaha yeah imagine if women around the world had the same week to be *kitten* :DB) WAHAHHA
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    KotoMalli wrote: »
    I don't have those anymore but there's at least 1 week in the month when I am a real *kitten* :D

Hahaha yeah imagine if women around the world had the same week to be *kitten* :DB) WAHAHHA

Can you imagine all the global *kitten* disturbing we could do??? World domination in a mother *kitten* week...YESSSS
  • JustSomeJD
    JustSomeJD Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I just give in to the dark side & surrender to my unabashed hatred for all living creatures :p

Crap, I’m a woman who is on permanent PMS. :eek:
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I get cravings, but it's more for something salty/crunchy than ice cream or sweet things. Otherwise, I sleep a ton. Didn't used to be that way, but now it is. I'm not a napper at all, but ToM usually sees me sleeping in the middle of the day. :sweat:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Never really have had cramps too often, and when I have, they are very mild. Don't get grumpy or mean - probably because I'm not in pain or uncomfortable. I do get a bit of an increased appetite, but it's just temporary and never derails me. One sign that my period is coming soon is that a couple of days in advance I get heart palpitations. I do not like the palpitations at all, and they give me a bit of anxiety, but at least those, too, are temporary.

So overall, I have it really easy. My period is just a minor inconvenience in my life. I almost forget it's happening half the time. And I don't really even mind it, because I see it more as a reminder that I'm a young, healthy female. That's a good thing to be as far as I'm concerned! <3
  • michaelogle9284
    michaelogle9284 Posts: 337 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    If we asked your signigicant others, would their answers align with what I am reading >:)
  • dwrightlaw
    Options
    What's with all the *kitten* positivity on this thread??? ;)

Ladies, ladies, ladies...we have to use this to our advantage, if we admit it's not a big deal we are relinquishing all opportunities for horking down massive quantities of food, & growling while shooting flaming daggers from our eyeballs at any and all innocent citizens & getting away with it because "it's that time of the month"....jeez
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I was dealing with this this morning. I had two coffees with cream and sugar, crammed two protein bars in my face, and got on with my day. Had some caffeine before training, chewed some gum when my sweet tooth was acting up. Didn't stop at the grocery store, knowing I had plenty of food at home and I'd just buy ice cream there.
  • RollTideHusker
    RollTideHusker Posts: 231 Member
    Options

Yeah pretty much this :D With LOTS of chocolate
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Depends on the month for me. Some months I am starving for 2 weeks prior, some months I get very depressed and lock myself in my room watching TV. I always end up bloating horribly at some point (looking 5 months pregnant), and I usually have horrible cramps that require Advil and Tylenol to get rid of.

Also have bad clots and typically end up leaking a couple times even with overnight pads. So much fun (not).

It was even worse on BC, bleeding for 2 weeks non stop and cramping pretty much the whole time. The only positive was that I didn't have ovulation cramping/hunger (obviously), but considering that my period always came 3 days early anyway and stayed an extra week... not worth it...

I have ovarian cysts so I'm not sure what a difference it makes, but either way, not fun!
  • dwrightlaw
    Options
    If we asked your signigicant others, would their answers align with what I am reading >:)

What the *kitten* are YOU doing in here??? I'm sorry, I meant to say *kitten* off, I mean ummm, nevermind :p
  • michaelogle9284
    michaelogle9284 Posts: 337 Member
    Options

What the *kitten* are YOU doing in here??? I'm sorry, I meant to say *kitten* off, I mean ummm, nevermind :p

Mwahaaaahaha
  • KotoMalli
    Options
    <3 I love all your responses!!! <3 You ladies are hilarious... and inspiring!! And for those with painful/unpleasant times of the month... Sorry to hear that!! :s
  • KotoMalli
    Options
    I get cravings, but it's more for something salty/crunchy than ice cream or sweet things. Otherwise, I sleep a ton. Didn't used to be that way, but now it is. I'm not a napper at all, but ToM usually sees me sleeping in the middle of the day. :sweat:

Mmmm ice cream.... *drools*
  • KotoMalli
    Options
    I’m super super nice. My appetite is increased by a lot. I could eat Chinese food, pizza and burritos all week long. I’m more tired than usual but I don’t get the chance to sleep more. I have cramps only on day two. And I always know it’s coming because my chest starts to ache.

Super super nice!? I wish I was like that and not grumpy haha! Chest ache? Ouch! That's the first time I hear that one. Sounds painful..