What do you eat for lunch?

Options

Replies

• godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    normally leftovers, but last night (overnight) i cooked a pork loin with potatoes and carrots to cover all the lunches this week. oh the options i'll have. :)
  • sexybeautifulme
    sexybeautifulme Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Here is another good one:

Spinach Wrap

Ingredients:

1 corn tortilla (0-1 gram of fat & under 100 cal/serving)
    1 cup raw spinach, torn into bite size pieces
    ¼ cup cucumber, chopped
    ¼ cup tomatoes, chopped
    2½ oz fat free feta cheese, crumbled
    fat free Greek or Italian dressing (under 30 cal/serving)
    dried oregano (to taste)
    cracked black pepper (to taste)

Marinate cucumber and tomato in dressing for at least 1 hour. Place spinach and cucumber-tomato mixture on tortilla and add feta cheese. Sprinkle on oregano and pepper, then roll up tortilla.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I usually take a sandwich, veggies and a fruit. If I need to go out I have things like Chicken Fajita Pita (Jack in the box) or the Grilled Chicken Go Wrap (Wendy's), Fresco menu at Taco Bell. I never eat all the tortilla or pita either. A favorite is Chipotle. Just one taco and not over filled, chicken, small amount of rice, veggies, guac, small amount of sour cream, cheese and corn.

Sodium will be higher as processed food but not the same as a burger and much less fat!!!

You can do it!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    When you work full-time LUNCH is generally the hardest meal to eat healthy. It can be time consuming to pack ahead of time, there a few good options eating lunch out, bringing healthy snacks to work can be tough unless you have access to a fridge or can pack a small cooler, and so on. Not to mention the coworkers tempting you with all kinds of bad fast food and treats and so forth...and the work parties...oh my....

Try to pack sandwiches and bring fruit and fresh veggies to eat.
    A lean cuisine every now and again is an okay option.
    Bring leftovers from the night before.
    Grill chicken ahead of time and bring it to work
    Fix crockpot dinners that can easily be brought to work and re-heated.
  • kittybitz79
    Options
    Stirfry mix (snap pea stirfry mix, chicken and a little sauce) over brown rice. Delicious with a small container of sugar free pistachio pudding for desert.
  • rwetzel319
    Options
    i usually have grilled chicken and vegetables. i buy frozen vegetables and keep them in the freezer in my office and just microwave them. you can bring in grilled chicken or any meat from dinner left overs. someitmes i bring in cans of healthy choice soups. eating out for lunch is most often bad for you its key to bring in your own foods. i also have oatmeal sometimes.. i know thats usually categorized as a breakfast food but its filling so it makes a good lunch to hold you over for dinner
  • roxyjo1
    roxyjo1 Posts: 29
    Options
    I usually I make a salad to take to work. Not a boring salad, though. I mix in all kinds of things to keep it interesting. Chicken or crabmeat, grape tomatos, hard boiled egg, grapes, raisens or dried cranberries, shredded cheese or feta cheese, real bacon bits, croutons, sunflower seeds or chopped pecans or walnuts. I use low fat raspberry vinegrette or other reduced fat dressings.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Sliced roast turkey and white rice with a little bit of margerine. Low calorie and high protien, perfect lunch after my workout.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    New vegan here;

I tried this yesterday and am so exited to do it again tomorrow.

GIANT salad; 100g iceburg lettuce, 25g green peppers, 4 grape tomatoes, ¼ cup roasted chickpeas and 1 serving (about 3-4 tbsp worth) of homemade Slimcado guacamole.

166 calories!
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Today:

I perdue individually wrapped breast
    Sweet baby rays bbq origila 2tbsp
    birds eye broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots 1cup
    homemade mexican rice 0.75 cup
    Cherries 1cup

Im so full!!
  • gatorgirl7
    gatorgirl7 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    steamed veggies and grilled chicken or a veggie burger, whole wheat pasta & sauce and a salad, frozen shrimp (dethawed), steamed broccoli, whole wheat pasta, and some parmesan cheese...soup and veggie sandwich. i am huge fan of cooking on the wknd and diviying it up throughout the week. if you need recipe ideas www.skinnytaste.com is awesome!
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Usually salad or sometimes sushi when at work. Dinner leftovers when at home. One of the cafeterias at the hospital where I work does made to order fresh salads. I know I am too slow most mornings to make my lunch, so I have calculated the expense of buying lunch into my weekly grocery budget. This works pretty well for me, because then I don't end up with cilantro, lettuce or raw spinach spoiling in my fridge if I forget to use it.
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    Options
    Today I had cottage cheese on 2 wholemeal crackerbreads followed by a banana and a cup of green tea.
  • Godsflower1789
    Options
    la tortilla factory whole grain tortilla with pizza sauce, and a half cup of low fat motzerella cheese. add some basil, a lil oregano, some olives, tomato slices and spinach. only about 210 calories, and is the same size as a single seve pizza.
    then for sweets, some greek yogurt with strawberries

all for only 345 calories!
  • Godsflower1789
    Options
    opps, posted twice.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I nearly always have leftovers. Today I had some leftover grilled veggies (cauliflower and carrots) from our cookout last night. I added a little cheese for protein since there wasn't any leftover salmon. On the rare occasion that there aren't any leftovers I'll bring hummus and crackers, veggie sticks and peanut butter, a low carb wrap with greens, veggie and cheese, something like that.
  • regina_mundi
    Options
    I've fallen into a habit of having junk food for lunch every day for a week or so: four pizza rolls and eight waffle fries, 284 calories. I'm spending the summer writing a book, and baking those suckers in the oven is the perfect amount of time for a pressure think. Plus it keeps me from craving other junk food the rest of the day. Obviously I am not a clean eater.
  • gemini0007
    gemini0007 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sometimes leftovers, but in winter I usually have soup with cornthins and in summer I usually have either a hummus and salad sandwich or salad & corn thins. Boring, but it works for me.
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    Fresh tofu spring rolls for me and a protein shake.