Need to use up zucchini....help me out!

Options
poesch77
poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
I need some zucchini recipes......other than sauteed, baked in a cheesy casserole and for bread.....sick of all these ways! I have ALOT so please help me!!

Replies

• lisadhancock
    Options
    Grilled zucchini is great.
    Zucchini Bread is also good.
    Steamed zucchini.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Slice it about 3/4 of an inch thick. Brush with olive oil, and grill one side. When you flip it, put about a small spoonful of pizza sauce on it, and a small sprinkle of low fat mozzarella cheese. Mini veggie pizzas :)
  • missana221
    missana221 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Fried zucchini in a pan with bread crumbs! :)
  • liquidsnape
    Options
    raw with some fat free salad dressing or steamed with some lemon pepper season
  • musicalshadow00
    musicalshadow00 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Zucchini quiche is awesome! I also second the suggestion of grilled zucchini :)
  • mspix
    mspix Posts: 153
    Options
    Chop it up and put it in a salad. Slice into rounds, freeze it and add it to chili's and stews over the winter. Use it as a base in a salsa. There are some good cookie recipes out there, too!
  • jab2jad76
    Options
    i fry it up with some mushrooms, green peppers, summer squash, tomatoes and shove it in a whole wheat pita pocket with 1 tablespoon french onion dip and 1/8 cup shredded mozzarella cheese..its like 200 calories and 6 grams of fat and very filling! YUM!!!
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    cubed zucchini,pineapple, cherry tomatoes, and shrimp kabobs
  • techymum
    techymum Posts: 168
    Options
    Toss 1/2 of one in your smoothie! I know it sounds crazy, but it just blends right in!
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    slice, wrap in bacon and hold in place with tooth pics, salt, pepper and garlic powder, grill until bacon is cooked! yummy!

slice, add butter salt and pepper. cook in microwave until zucchini cooked through!

here is a site with some great low cal recipes:

http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/summer/tp/10-Low-Fat-Zucchini-Recipes.htm

Good luck!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Zucchini slice - a mix between a pastry-less quiche and zucchini bread.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/5546/zucchini+slice

Edited to say: I normally halve the bacon, and add grated carrot and some sweet corn. You could sub the bacon for tuna as well.
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Use the McCormick seasoners that are meant for potatoes (they're like shake and bake). Just substitue zucchini cubes for potato cubes. I had some today. Yum. I also sliced zucchini up thinly and boiled it like noodles, using red sauce on it. It was okay -- since you have a lot, it may be worth trying.
  • hollymcd1027
    Options
    If you grate it, then you can freeze it and use it later in breads and muffins. Its not diet friendly, but you can also make chocolate zucchini cake! =)

You can add it to pasta sauce.... crushed tomatoes, diced zucchini, onion, garlic, oregeno, salt, pepper and what ever else you like in your red sauce.
  • ilaurya
    ilaurya Posts: 9
    Options
    Slice and sprinkle it with seasonings of your choice, dehydrate the heck out of it, and use it as snack chips! Best part, they'll keep until winter! :-)
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    FRITATTAS, SOUFFLES, pancakes(savory and sweet) stuffed like a pepper, oven fried, lite cream soup, stuffing for fish......i could really go on forever!:smile:
  • maygs
    maygs Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Chicken, cubed zucchini, and corn with a little tomatoe sauce...its sooo yummy!
    Also split zucchini in half and steam with marinara sauce and a little bit of mozerella cheese.
  • blwood860
    Options
    If you have a spiral slicer (http://www.amazon.com/MIU-90003-France-Spiral-Slicer/dp/B0009VEOA2/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1312845634&sr=8-6), zucchini "spaghetti" is AMAZING.

Here's a "recipe": http://steamykitchen.com/54-zucchini-spaghetti.html

I like to toss it with some chicken, spaghetti sauce, green and yellow zucchini, and carrots. Delicious and hardly any calories.
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Check-out Gina's Skinny Recipes, and search Zucchini once on the site: http://www.skinnytaste.com/
    *She's got LOTS of recipes to include zucchini in (that are not necessarily veggie-focused), as she always ends up with tons of zucchini every year as well :happy: My fave recipe of hers that has zucchini is the Greek-style Meatballs... and the YUM tzatziki to go with it!!!
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    halve a zucchini lengthwise and scrape out the insides. sautee some onions, tomatoes, garlic (in butter or olive oil). spoon these back into the empty shells and sprinkle with some cheese. bake in oven at about 400 degrees for about 10 mins or until cheese is all melted!
  • emilyc92
    emilyc92 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Use a peeler to turn the fleshy part of the zucchini into zucchini "noodles", then boil the noodles for a minute (or a little less), drain and add your favorite pasta sauce. It's a delicious, healthy alternative to pasta!