SNACKS!... Low cal per 100g only please.

Options

Replies

• MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Mini Babybel Light - one of my faves! I also like pickles, a few crackers with Laughing Cow cheese, clementines, mandarins, baby carrots . . . now I am hungry!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Zuchinni with salt and a few halo tangerines
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Roasted Seaweed. It is very low cal (25 - 35 Cals per package). Mandarin Oranges, Boom Chick a pop popcorn.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Big bowl of zucchini noodles with pasta sauce and Parmesan cheese. 100-150 calories depending on how much oil I use to sauté the noodles. Surprisingly filling and satisfying!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm probably a little weird, but one of my favorite afternoon snacks are sardines in either hot sauce, mustard sauce, or tomato sauce...
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Pistachios are great. It takes some work to eat them, so you get a long-lasting snack that tastes good and has healthy fats and a little bit of protein.

Not low calorie!!!!!

It literally takes me an hour to work though 200 calories of pistachios. If they come already shelled and you stuff handfuls in your face, then sure, that's going to be a ton of calories. But for the amount of effort and the time it takes to lazily shell and snack through a couple of handfuls, it's a perfect snack for me. But then again, I savor my food. I don't wolf things down...

For me, if they aren't taking up stomach space, that's an hour of suffering hunger whilst picking impatiently at shells. They are merely speed bumps, and I will remain hangry foraging them.
    I stated "low calorie" / 100g as that's what works for me. I really appreciate all input, but Pistachios have a huge calorie/100g measure. If I hid a doner kebab in a cupboard under a crossword that I had to do first, I could waste a ton of time getting to it, but it would still be high calories. I'm trying to lose hunger, not time.
    Thank you kindly though. I know it's well meaning.
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Fruit sorbert
    2 pieces of Philadephia maki
    A couple jelly beans
    Diet pop
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    TerryMyfitbitsnbobs Posts: 238 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Carrots 41 calories for 100 g
    Hard boiled egg 155 calories for 100 g (about 2 whole eggs)
    Chewy chocolate dipped peanut butter granola bar 150 calories for 30 g (1 bar) - I would not eat 3-4 bars
    Raw navel orange 49 calories for 100 g (not a whole orange probably)
    Dill pickle 12 calories for 100 g
    Black olives 167 calories for 100 g

I usually reserve 100-300 calories for snacks. I might eat something like 1 granola bar and then carrots or some fruit. I would not actually eat exactly 100 g of every food.

Granola bar at 150cal/30g is 500cal/100g.
    But, some great ideas apart from that. Thanks.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I'm probably a little weird, but one of my favorite afternoon snacks are sardines in either hot sauce, mustard sauce, or tomato sauce...

How many calories per 100g?
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    I think the cal/per 100 g is the way nutritional info is given in Europe. Not that you would necessarily eat 100 g of whatever it is. Is this correct?

I guess it normalizes everything per equal weight, and you can compare the calorie density of various foods.

Yes exactly. Otherwise you are told a pizza is ??? calories per slice, but what is a slice? It may be a 15inch pizza cut into 3 slices. It may be a 8inch pizza cut into 20 slices. That tiny sliver of pizza ain't going to be more than a tooth cavity full, but will be low calories. A thimble full of lard is low calories, but the stomach won't know its there.
  • rundgrenrocks
    rundgrenrocks Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Cucumber slices sprinkled with Tajin (a mix of salt, citrus, and chili powder).
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    nothing fills me up more than non fat plain greek yogurt with some cool whip in it. you can play around with the amount to make it < 100 cal. I add things like fruit, peanut butter powder, coco powder, depending on mood. I just had a bowl & added 1 Tbl of welche's strawberry fruit spread & fresh straberry's
  • LuckyAndi
    LuckyAndi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    My current favorite is Bird's Eye steamer bags of ranch cauliflower. The whole bag over 200g is 150 calories. Other than that, cottage cheese or some avocado. I go for full fat snacks because those satisfy and sate me more.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    1houndgal wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

How many calories per 100g?

This request seems rather rigid it seems to me...

I would rather know how many X kcals per gram. Then multiply that X times a hundred if I really need to know the 100g sample kcal total.

Then you can can just weigh the grams of food on your scale per serving to get the total kcals of your serving. Easier that way.

Not sure why you just want 100 gram samples and kcals for figured for that 100 grams. With some foods that 100 grams would be a whopper load of kcals.

Now 100 kcal snack serving size makes more sense, if that is what you really want.

Whatever you decide, you can use math and a accurate food database list to figure your 100gram portions total kcals.

Cals per 100g is a standardised means of comparing energy ratings for foods.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    Something you will find out as you diet is that volume is not the only thing that affects satiety. You could, in principle eat 200 calories of cucumbers (which is a lot of cucumbers) but they don't have much staying power and you are likely to get hungry again within 30 minutes. There is much more to satiety than eating a lot of food, although it helps. There is volume, texture, macros, some people also find particular foods satiating...etc, so you could use these foods/macros and bulk them up with vegetables for size.

Example: 1/2 can of tuna, about 50 grams of white beans, one pickle, 1/2 a smaller onion, lemon juice to taste, a tiny bit of horseradish, dill weed, and bulked up with a cucumber for a very filling 180 calorie snack. This is just over 50 calories per 100 grams, but has much better staying power to me than cucumber on its own (less than 15 calories per 100 grams).

Brilliant point, but it absolutely still has to be low calories for my requirements. Oats for example are quite high cal/100g and are very slow burn. I use such foods and techniques for main means etc. For snacks though, (and thus not long lasting food), I need to fill my stomach to last the shorter space between those meals.