Anyone doing the Low-Carb thing?

Options
I have about 100 lbs to shed and I am doing to low carb diet to kick start my weight loss. Anyone in the same boat? Let’s be friends!

Replies

• Sjpenergy
    Sjpenergy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on keto and loving it so far dropped 8 lbs in the first week, i know its all water weight but i am also going after the other health benefits.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Do know that "low carb" is consuming <150g per day. Remember consistency is key. Consistently log everything you consume and maintain a calorie deficit and you will lose. Choose a "diet" that will fit your lifestyle and you can maintain long term.
  • k8andchr1smom
    k8andchr1smom Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am lower carb. I find it works--for me--because I think about what I put in my mouth as opposed to eating, say, the donuts on the office break table
  • catherineg3
    catherineg3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    start in the same way you want to continue?

absolutely agree with this! If you are 100 pounds over (and I was too when I started), then you need to make a commitment to healthy eating for the rest of your life. I've done crash diets before that were unsustainable, and gained it all back plus more.

Personally, I see low carb as my new permanent way of eating. I am diabetic and this is the only way to manage healthy blood sugar level with minimal medication.

• ricka1962
    ricka1962 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've been doing low carb/keto since 1999. Went from 220 down to 175 and have stayed around that weight since. It's not for everyone, and as some have pointed out here, going off can easily reverse any gains. For me personally, low carb is easier to manage. When I started, I made the commitment to basically make it my lifestyle as opposed to just a weight loss tactic and it's seemed to work for the long term.