Hey You Young Adults (20-30ish)! Let's Connect!

Options
Hey Everyone!

Looking with some other young adults to connect with on this app! If you're a college student, fresh outta college, adult-poser, one of those in that new struggle called "adulthood", one of those somehow succeeding at adulthood in this economy, student debt struggler, any of those and more. Whether married, single, dating, kids in the picture or not, if you're between ages 20 and 30ish, let's be friends. Post below so others can add you too!

Tell us a bit about yourself, what brings you here, and what you want from this community! Let's keep each other accountable, motivated, and change our lives for the better together!

I've been using this app since August 2017 but took a brief break, but now I'm back and ready to roll!

Replies

• MarissaLock3
    MarissaLock3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends in the same age range as well! I'm 24, looking to lose 90 lbs. Definitely a fake adult struggling with my health.

Yeah I'm one of those too! Turning 24 in less than a week. :) Happy to have you connect!
  • Emuuz
    Emuuz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Heyo, welcome back! I'm a 27 yo female and I just go through the motions of "adulting". I've been using MFP since 2014ish (this is a new account) I've lost about 68 lbs and I've discovered that I genuinely enjoy fitness and challenging myself. There was about a year or so that went by when I didn't work out at all (damn you, depression!) but would loosely track my calories and such. I gained about 20-25lbs during that time, but now I'm here again, hittin' the gym just about everyday and the scale said 205 this morning :D
  • MarissaLock3
    Options
    Emuuz wrote: »
    Heyo, welcome back! I'm a 27 yo female and I just go through the motions of "adulting". I've been using MFP since 2014ish (this is a new account) I've lost about 68 lbs and I've discovered that I genuinely enjoy fitness and challenging myself. There was about a year or so that went by when I didn't work out at all (damn you, depression!) but would loosely track my calories and such. I gained about 20-25lbs during that time, but now I'm here again, hittin' the gym just about everyday and the scale said 205 this morning :D

Welcome back to you too!

It takes a lot to come back from depression (I've been there). You have inspired me! Keep up the good work and keep challenging yourself!!
  • MarissaLock3
    Options
    Tedo201 wrote: »
    is 36 over the hill at this point?

As my small group of young adults would say, it's 30ish. ;) I'd say you're welcome!
  • Tedo201
    Tedo201 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Tedo201 wrote: »
    is 36 over the hill at this point?

As my small group of young adults would say, it's 30ish. ;) I'd say you're welcome!

Love the flexibility of the "ish"
  • ivan9633
    ivan9633 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone!
  • tip101
    tip101 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, im a 28 y.o. male from florida. Lets connect. Stay motivated ✌
  • claudyajane
    claudyajane Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Claudya from Malaysia. I'm 21 years old and I'm a newbie. Hope I can get through my weight loss journey.
  • cellie_
    cellie_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Celeste. I will be 23 next month. I have struggled with my weight since middleschool. Finally earned my degree last May and since I have a little more time on my hands I intend to use it wisely! Trying to maintain a healthier lifestyle and stay positive. (It can be hard sometimes) Hoping to connect and be a part of a supportive community!
  • dubrockpete
    dubrockpete Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! This is my first time posting on MFP community forums. I’m 30 years old, working in the music biz and recently started this Weight loss journey in August and I’m down 40 pounds. I’m very happy with my progress considering 6 months ago I was smoking a pack/ day and eating whatever my heart desired. Since I quit smoking in August and focusing on my health I feel amazing! Still annoyed with the muffin top since I have been going to the gym 6 time’s we week and eating healthy. Just gotta keep on pushing!
  • ansley341
    ansley341 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I used MyFitnessPal several years ago (and loved it but stupidly stopped) I still had the ap and just the other week started logging in again. They have made a lot of updates in that time so i think i have to relearn how to use it.
    Anyways I was down to a weight I was happy with but had an extremely stressful couple of years. I was putting a lot of effort into helping out others that were in a bad way - mental health/illness ect - with that combined with having a lot of stress at my work I was completely depleted of energy for myself. I stopped going to the gym, I chose meals based on convince rather than health, I was trying to hold it together for others I was helping but I was over the top with stress from taking everyone else’s problems on board. I often had insomnia at night sometimes and just no energy in the day.
    Its crazy that I let this go on so long (esp since I work in holistic health/well being) but I think sometimes when we are in a situation we are so blinded by wanting to care for those close to us that we completely forget about our own needs. It took me a long time to step back from the situation and see how much it was effecting me. I did put on a lot of weight, but now I am taking sometime to put my needs first. Because you cant care for/take care of anyone else when your completely broken. It was a shock when I stepped on the scale as I had gained a lot more than I thought. I have changed to a keto diet and am enjoying it a lot - I have been reading up on doing this and intermittent fasting so might see about inc that later as well. I am back into doing yoga and gym as well.
    Sorry my intro turned out longer than I meant...... But, hello to everyone and hope you are doing well with your goals.
  • candicebean1990
    candicebean1990 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a 28 year old wife and mom of 2... ages 8 and 4... really looking forward to getting healthier and in shape to be more active with my family . Can't wait to camp and home again this summer. Hopefully losing about 80 pounds in all. I lost 29 last year but fell off the wagon and I'm trying to get back on.
  • telisew94
    telisew94 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    24 here!! I love new friends!
  • BDC010388
    BDC010388 Posts: 17 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hey guys and girls
  • BDC010388
    BDC010388 Posts: 17 Member
    Options